This is not a knee jerk reaction: Ianello should resign or be fired

InTheZone

We're going to go 0-12 this year. Ianello needs to be fired NOW. He should've never been hired in the first place, and many on this board including myself saw this bullshit coming. Tom Wistrill has been nothing but a complete F-UP as AD and he needs to go too. Our program is officially in the shitter gentlemen, and that's a real shame considering all the money that's been poured into it. Incompetance reigns supreme. Let's hire a sorry coach from a losing program because he can recruit.... great. This is what you get when you hire losers to take over losing programs. I have never been so embarrassed to be a football alumni in my life.

Tailgated with some nice folks that made the trip from NC. Had to hurry to the car to avoid the embarassment that is this football team. That was a nice handshake and hug Tom and Rob. Yep, we saw it. Wonder if my boss would do that for me if I caused an epic failure and embarrassment. We see where the loyalties lie...hopefully an intelligent man like Dr. Proenza does too.

We're going to go 0-12 this year. Ianello needs to be fired NOW. He should've never been hired in the first place, and many on this board including myself saw this bullshit coming. Tom Wistrill has been nothing but a complete FUCK UP as AD and he needs to go too. Our program is officially in the shitter gentlemen, and that's a real shame considering all the money that's been poured into it. Incompetance reigns supreme. Let's hire a sorry coach from a losing program because he can recruit.... great. This is what you get when you hire losers to take over losing programs. I have never been so embarrassed to be a football alumni in my life.

You are an IDIOT! EVERYONE who agrees are IDIOTS as well! You all are the type of fans that will only be satisfied . First you called for JD’s head and you IDIOTS got your wish. Now 2 games in your calling for Coach I’s head?? You’re a joke, and a complete IDIOT, as a fan you are worthless and the University of Akron would be better off if you never came back to another sporting event! 90% of the people on the board know absolutely nothing about football or the inter-workings of a division 1 program. Yes that includes Captain K I am sick of reading all of the bs on this board. I am going to sit down tonight and school you idiots!

We're going to go 0-12 this year. Ianello needs to be fired NOW. He should've never been hired in the first place, and many on this board including myself saw this bullshit coming. Tom Wistrill has been nothing but a complete FUCK UP as AD and he needs to go too. Our program is officially in the shitter gentlemen, and that's a real shame considering all the money that's been poured into it. Incompetance reigns supreme. Let's hire a sorry coach from a losing program because he can recruit.... great. This is what you get when you hire losers to take over losing programs. I have never been so embarrassed to be a football alumni in my life.

You are an IDIOT! EVERYONE who agrees are IDIOTS as well! You all are the type of fans that will only be satisfied . First you called for JD’s head and you IDIOTS got your wish. Now 2 games in your calling for Coach I’s head?? You’re a joke, and a complete IDIOT, as a fan you are worthless and the University of Akron would be better off if you never came back to another sporting event! 90% of the people on the board know absolutely nothing about football or the inter-workings of a division 1 program. Yes that includes Captain K I am sick of reading all of the bs on this board. I am going to sit down tonight and school you idiots!

So what is your point? :lol:

So what is your point? :lol:

agreed,whats your point...brookhart needed to go...we didn't ask for another guy with no head coaching experience, that was the ad's choice...he could have hired a coach with h/coaching experience...look Ianello is not going to be fired no matter what happens this year...nor should he be..but it is apparent to most thoughtful fans that the team has a little more talent than is being displayed right now...i just hope none of the players get seriously hurt against kentucky and indiana

I am mailing back my tickets - half to Coach I and half to TW and requesting a refund. That game today was an embarrassment to the University and you could tell from the smugness in the post game interview that the coach doesn't get it. G-W was a better team than I gave them credit for ahead of time but there is no way we should have lost - all phases of the team took turns sucking.

:lol:

Yeah, you're right, I know nothing about the inner workings of a D1 football program, I only played here for five years....

Today was an embarrassment to this University that will be felt for a very long time. I played on some teams that weren't world beaters, but we did take care of the Howard's and Cal Poly's of the universe. This is a new low for the school and it's sad to watch being that there's no longer any excuses.

:lol:

Yeah, you're right, I know nothing about the inner workings of a D1 football program, I only played here for five years....

Today was an embarrassment to this University that will be felt for a very long time. I played on some teams that weren't world beaters, but we did take care of the Howard's and Cal Poly's of the universe. This is a new low for the school and it's sad to watch being that there's no longer any excuses.

Honestly...

it could be worse. At least we went into overtime and gave our kicker 2 chances.

This man is probably more sad.

uva-vt-frank-beamer.jpg

• 1 year later...

You are an IDIOT! EVERYONE who agrees are IDIOTS as well! You all are the type of fans that will only be satisfied . First you called for JD's head and you IDIOTS got your wish. Now 2 games in your calling for Coach I's head?? You're a joke, and a complete IDIOT, as a fan you are worthless and the University of Akron would be better off if you never came back to another sporting event! 90% of the people on the board know absolutely nothing about football or the inter-workings of a division 1 program. Yes that includes Captain K I am sick of reading all of the bs on this board. I am going to sit down tonight and school you idiots!

Look at this response to InTheZone's original post.

I haven't seen this guy around since.

I still can't believe ITZ was so spot on right out of the gate. I'm truly impressed.

You are an IDIOT! EVERYONE who agrees are IDIOTS as well! You all are the type of fans that will only be satisfied . First you called for JD's head and you IDIOTS got your wish. Now 2 games in your calling for Coach I's head?? You're a joke, and a complete IDIOT, as a fan you are worthless and the University of Akron would be better off if you never came back to another sporting event! 90% of the people on the board know absolutely nothing about football or the inter-workings of a division 1 program. Yes that includes Captain K I am sick of reading all of the bs on this board. I am going to sit down tonight and school you idiots!

I still can't believe ITZ was so spot on right out of the gate. I'm truly impressed.

Moral of the story, Don't screw with ITZ. People who do tend to go missing. :wave:

Moral of the story, Don't screw with ITZ. People who do tend to go missing. :wave:

:lol: That's right. goldnbluthrunthru is now sporting cement shoes at the bottom of Summit Lake.