Akron vs. WMU

johnnyzip84

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice play by Nicely :wall: . Why can't Ianello give Rodgers a chance? They're going to lose anyway, so why not try another quarterback?

I'm hearing Rodgers suffered a concussion during last week's game.

Oh really? I didn't know that. Right now I would be happy if they put the water boy in to play QB.

I can't believe they couldn't score just now. :puke:

WMU brings solid offense to Akron

I didn't know that we have been outscored 92-26 in second quarters this season so far.

Also, I look forward to hearing coach Faust's opinions in the radio booth along side French. Alleman is off tomorrow.

Now 120-26 in 2nd quarters, with 4+ min. yet til halftime...it's just breathtaking...we're a Div. III team right now..

DW & I left after it become 35-0. This team just sucks. And I have been more patient than most of you. There is no offense, no defense, no coaching. m What the h**l did I pay hard earned money for fantastic seats at a beautiful stadium to see this crap. From talking to several people today, I have discovered that Icoach is a tyrant and that there is absolutely no morale. Something needs to be done. I can stand to lose if we are in every game, but this just totally sucks.

time to go to the neighbors for their clam bake where I can at least enjoy myself.

This team has gone from bad to embarrassing. I thought it was bad losing to Syracuse at home, but not being able to play with WMU is embarrassing. I have not agreed with the getting rid of the coach sentiment earlier but it is time. There is no way icoach is going to work out here. It is time to enter into negotiations and see what icoach would take to walk away. He will have no coaching future at this rate at any level. He needs to leave and Akron needs to start their search now. Do we still have Brookhart under contract? Get him back here to finish the year out and then hire a real coach!

Well, I was removed (voluntarily) from today's game and it was the best decision of my Zips life. i was called a lewd name by a fellow Zips "fan" and responded with another offensive word. This was my fault as I should've been the bigger man. The saving grace is, I have no desire to enter Infocision again this year with my $300 of season tickets. My remaining tickets will be in the mail to Youtube Tom Monday morning. I will NOT be renewing, regardless of the last 4 games. Tom, enjoy my seats. You are an embarrassment to our fans and our university.

Wow, that was ugly. I think this is the first time I have ever felt it was a waste of my time to go to the football game. I usually get some enjoyment out of the game, we are ahead at one point or we seem to get some momentum, but we got destroyed today. There is no apparent improvement, just the same stuff from day 1, it's depressing. At one point I thought to myself, "We've hit bottom, we are the worst team in DI-A, no question".

With that said, I try to keep things in perspective. These are what, 18-22 year old kids? They may have checked out, but how is some old guy yelling in the stands going to make them check in? They know their record and humiliating them in public isn't going to suddenly make things better. I also don't think the coaching staff needs to be motivated either. These are ambitious guys and the joke of a program we have now should be motivation enough. I have my reasons, but I for one am going to renew my tickets next year and hang in there.

There is no offense, no defense, no coaching. From talking to several people today, I have discovered that Icoach is a tyrant and that there is absolutely no morale. Something needs to be done.

How many games did it take for many of you to finally reach "the end?" Proenza and his upper team must negotiate a buy-out of both Ianello and Wistrcill, both of whom have done zero for this school. They never were accepted by the locals, and they never will be. It was a lose-lose situation from the get-go.

Then, Proenza needs to personally call Jim Tressel and apologize for UA not giving him the time of day when he recommended one of his top assistants for the UA job. A smug tyrant just won't fly in this city. Admit the mistake and move on now.

Ianello Postgame Seems like even rob is starting to get a little frayed with this garbage. There is absolutely no excuse for getting destroyed as bad as we did by a mediocre to bad conference opponent like this. I don't know how you go from being at least competitive in our conference every year to this trash...

This team needs to please show a glimpse of pride. If not for yourselves, at least for your teammates.

It's time to end the 20+ year experiment and accept for numerous reasons that quality D-1A FBS football isn't going to happen here, ever. Little did we all know that 2005 was the peak folks, the top of the mountain. I'd much rather click my fingers and watch Dennison-style D-1AA FCS football than this garbage. This football program has done nothing but play into the hands of those who think ill towards UA. It's way past time to make the nightmare end.

I left after half time to prepare for soccer. Surprised to see Potts in the game. You don't burn his redshirt this late in the season unless you have made the decision to start him for all the remaining games. Not like he can do any worse than what we had.

I also arrived at the start of the second quarter. By that time I learned that half the student section had been removed from the game but nobody would say why. If I had been there earlier, I might have joined in whatever they did just to say I was kicked out for showing my passion for the Zips. It would have saved me some time and misery.