UCSB Game

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished watching UCSB lose at home to UC Irvine 2-0. Have never seen them play before and I was far from impressed. They don't seem to have anyone who can finish and their defense seems quite slow. They have given up 5 goals and scored one over past two games and have allowed 12 so far this season. I obviously don't know if this game is typical for them. If it is we should return for the NIU game with a 8-0-2 record.

We abosultely need to win this game... but even then our RPI will take a hit as it might knock UCSB out of the top 25. RPI is always graded all the way out to the last team... but beating top 25 teams have more impact than the next 25.

Right now our RPI looks to be pretty weak. Winning out will help that... but we still need to be concerned about UNC, Creighton, New Mexico... and some 1 or 2 loss teams ranked below us.

We need to see some teams step it up... Like Fullerton, Northridge, New Mexico, Cal Poly, Tulsa and Ohio State.

You need some teams to step it up? New Mexico is undefeated and top ten in some polls. Fullerton has one loss. Tulsa, Northridge and OSU just aren't very good.

CSU-Northridge has now won three straight, including a victory over Fullerton last weekend. They're in first place in the Big West Conf.

Raining here in sunny, Southern Cali all day. Supposed to stop by 6 pm. Please let the forecaster be right for a change.

Go Zips!

EDIT: At 2:10 pm PDT, the weather here in Goleta, CA is gorgeous... Sunny and 60's. Hopefully it stays this way!

GO ZIPS!

Raining here in sunny, Southern Cali all day. Supposed to stop by 6 pm. Please let the forecaster be right for a change.

Go Zips!

EDIT: At 2:10 pm PDT, the weather here in Goleta, CA is gorgeous... Sunny and 60's. Hopefully it stays this way!

GO ZIPS!

Weather Channel here shows the following for Santa Barbara 35 minutes before game time... GO ZIPS !!! :

Wed

Oct 5

7 pm

65° F

Precip:

10%

8 pm

62° F

Precip:

10%

9 pm

61° F

Precip:

10%

10 pm

61° F

Precip:

10%

This match could be going either way right now. Zips had better tighten up the back line in the 2nd half.

Gallego nearly power-headed in an own goal while presumably defending a corner kick. WTF?

That was Quinn. He also completely missed the net from about 10 yards out earlier.

Now that I'm watching the game, I'm not sure I want to. I'm not used to seeing a Zips soccer team totally on the defensive. They can't get any offense going against that swarming defense. And now the score is tied, 1-1. This is going to be a tough game if the Zips don't come up with some effective offense.