Pro or spread

akron football

really maybe it matters to PN7 that he got jobbed by this bafoon!
The problem is a lot bigger than PN7. I can't think of a single game we lost we would have won with him at QB. I know we lost 11 with him last year so I could really care less about what he thinks. Maybe we would go 2-10 in lieu of 1-11. The whole PN7 vs Moore debate is useless because our problems go well beyond the QB position or one guy thinking he go t screwed.I hope he keeps a positive attitude and doesn't transfer, but if he is sitting around as a cancer on the program, he needs to pack up and go away.

really maybe it matters to PN7 that he got jobbed by this bafoon!
Then maybe PN shouldn't have performed like the 114th rated QB in the country last year. Or maybe he could have taken advantage of his experience advantage in this year's training camp over a guy who had never played a D-1 game before. Then maybe we could be witnessing him diplaying the NFL-caliber ability that you think he possesses right now.

The topic is 'Pro or Spread'. Leaving out the QB question lets go with that. A number of folks on this board observed that neither of these QB's appeared to be operating efficiently or comfortably when under center and having to drop back. What we saw Saturday might lead one to believe that Moore operates more comfortably and efficiently when he does not have to play under center AND when the offensive play calling allows him to get into a throwing rythm. He appeared more acurate and more confident. Obviously they weren't running from the spread on Saturday. Ianello finally let Moore set up in the shotgun or pistol or whatever. They still had a tight end in the game most of the time. The tight end was still lining up next to a tackle most of the time. Not always. They were still running with three WR's and a RB most of the time. Changes the running game a little but Chisholm got lots of yards.They don't have to run a 'spread' offense. It just seemed Ianello needed to get the QB away from center to give him a better opportunity to see the field. It may have helped the O-line also. The QB could see the rush better and he could get rid of the ball quicker. The O-line gets into a rythm too.Lets see what Ianello does Thursday.

The O-line gets into a rythm too.
More than any group, I think spreading the field helps the o-line. Since they have to operate as a unit, moving players away from the center of the play helps the o-line identify who they will be blocking easier. The spread offers more simplicity to the game than pro sets do and that is why bad teams perform better in it.