Humpty Update

PA ZIPPY

Seems like one of those rare instances where both sides benefited from a change.

Point well taken.

Neither of these individuals would play at our current level.

May success follw them both.

Go Zips ... !!!!

Humpty had 2 assists. A shoot first point guard...not my preference. Glad he found a home that works for him.

As we often discussed while Humpty was here, he's a shooting guard in a point guard's body. Funny that 2 of JMU's 3 starting forwards had more assists than both Humpty and the other starting guard.

Since the two starting guards combined for 49 of JMU's 82 total points, they appear to have a guard-oriented offense where the forwards kick the ball out to the guards for most of the scoring. That would be an ideal situation for Humpty's playing style.

Great to see Humpty find the right program where he can be successful. Will be interesting to see how he performs against Can't on Dec. 6. Even better, JMU's Jan. 12 game with VCU will be on ESPNU.

Someone please make it stop!!!!!!

While watching the Zips game last week, I noticed MSU called their floor, "The Hump". That's all well and good; however, it made me think of that stupid song from my youth called The Humpty Dance...or something. I couldn't get it out of my head.

Just as this song started to get out of my head, I went to my nephew's wedding Friday and the song played. I couldn't get it out until this morning.

Now it has started again with this tread....... :(

While watching the Zips game last week, I noticed MSU called their floor, "The Hump". That's all well and good; however, it made me think of that stupid song from my youth called The Humpty Dance...or something. I couldn't get it out of my head.

Just as this song started to get out of my head, I went to my nephew's wedding Friday and the song played. I couldn't get it out until this morning.

None of the rest of us are that old to remember that song.

You will have to go this one by yourself.

I had an opportunity to work with Humpty, as well as Chris McKnight and Jimmy Conyers, speaking to inner city 3rd graders. Humpty was great,he was engaging and motivating and the kids just loved him. the best part was that Humpty did it all with a bright smile on his face. You could tell he really enjoyed it. I'm happy for his success and I'll never say one bad word about him. The same goes to Chris and Jimmy as well, they were all just super.

Speak for yourself. I remember hitting 12 straight shots in a fraternity contest "skills drill' at Memorial Hall as that sweet tune was rockin' the house!! And no, it wasn't one of the highlights of my time on campus, just something I think about when I hear the song.

Speak for yourself. I remember hitting 12 straight shots in a fraternity contest "skills drill' at Memorial Hall as that sweet tune was rockin' the house!! And no, it wasn't one of the highlights of my time on campus, just something I think about when I hear the song.

Just the fact that you were in Memorial Hall makes you more of my generation.

@The Hip Zip, welcome back. I wondered where you were for the last six months. Guess you go into hibernation during the basketball off-season. I've missed your contributions here. I'm waiting for you to show up on the Bus Trip to the West Virginia Game thread and let us know you will be joining us.

@The Hip Zip, welcome back. I wondered where you were for the last six months. Guess you go into hibernation during the basketball off-season. I've missed your contributions here. I'm waiting for you to show up on the Bus Trip to the West Virginia Game thread and let us know you will be joining us.

Much appreciated Dave, I have to check the schedule and may will do it. I'm in Chicago for a week or so around Thanksgiving so it all boils down as to when I may get back. I'll miss the Detroit game for sure which I do not like one bit .

had 21 points and 10 assists in a loss tonight to Robert Morris. JMU is without 2 of their starting 5 with no Rayshawn Goins (injury) and Devon Moore (grades).

Guess there is a little pass in that "shooting guard in a point guards body". The guy you pass it to has to make the shot to get an assist.

JMU is depending on Hump to run its offense and be their primary scorer. Set him free and he will make plays for you. Just doesn't have the help right now due to the previously mentioned reasons.

If Akron thinks they are better off without him, thats completely understandable, but it was a terrible match to begin with putting an open court, freelancing player in an offense that simply throws it around the perimeter and waits for someone to jack up a 3.

If Akron thinks they are better off without him, thats completely understandable, but it was a terrible match to begin with putting an open court, freelancing player in an offense that simply throws it around the perimeter and waits for someone to jack up a 3.

+1. Humpty would actually be a better fit with the team the Zips have now than when he was here.

I remember one thing about Humpty - the Toledo game. Sending it to OT with a three from the corner and the lob to Brett McKnight to win it in OT. Without that, no NCAA tournament that year and an embarrassing first round exit to a #12 seed. I have nothing but good memories of him because of that.

I remember one thing about Humpty - the Toldeo game. Sending it to OT with a three from the corner and the lob to Brett McKnight to win it in OT. Without that, no NCAA tournament that year and an embarrassing first round exit to a #12 seed. I have nothing but good memories of him because of that.

+1. Everyone on ZNO loves Humpty & wishes him nothing but the best!

I remember one thing about Humpty - the Toldeo game. Sending it to OT with a three from the corner and the lob to Brett McKnight to win it in OT. Without that, no NCAA tournament that year and an embarrassing first round exit to a #12 seed. I have nothing but good memories of him because of that.

All on a gimpy leg, ankle or knee. Anyway, he was not 100% healthy.

Humpty has always had a lot of heart. He was always entertaining to watch at UA, and I'll bet he's looking more polished in his senior season at JMU.

That 10 assists in one game must be his best ever. He averaged 2.0 assists per game for JMU last season, and 2.5 per game in his two seasons at UA.

Ironically, Humpty currently has a career assist per game average of 2.3, identical to the career average of the player he shared PG duties with at UA, Steve McNees.

Humpty's career stats can be tracked on statsheet.com here.

Humpty has always had a lot of heart. He was always entertaining to watch at UA, and I'll bet he's looking more polished in his senior season at JMU.

That 10 assists in one game must be his best ever. He averaged 2.0 assists per game for JMU last season, and 2.5 per game in his two seasons at UA.

Ironically, Humpty currently has a career assist per game average of 2.3, identical to the career average of the player he shared PG duties with at UA, Steve McNees.

Humpty's career stats can be tracked on statsheet.com here.

He had 16 points and 9 assists in a blowout of Rider at the Palaestra in Philly yesterday.

He's a decent player having seen him a bit more in the CAA, but he does have some attitude issues. He's getting PT at the 1 because their starting point guard is academically ineligible in Devon Moore. He's actually an Ohio boy out of Columbus Northland (Jared Sullinger came out of there as well).

• 2 weeks later...

Hump hit his second consecutive game winner with 2.8 seconds to go against Hofstra to give JMU a victory in their first game of CAA play. Hump had 20 points in the victory. The CAA is down from a year ago when they got 3 teams into the tourney and had a final 4 team in VCU.

The Dukes still have 1 game to go before they regain the eligibility of arguably their best player in Devon Moore. Rayshaun Goins, the Dukes best post player has been ruled out for the year making this years JMU team a really really guard oriented team. Interesting to see when Devon comes back if Hump stays at the point where he's been a good distributor as well as a scorer or if they split duty of move Hump to the 2.

Can't State appears to be beastly this year. I don't think i like an undermanned JMU team to beat them. Especially with the fact that there is basically no homecourt advantage at JMU.

I wish i could predict Can't State was going down, but i think they will roll on tuesday night.

Hump hit his second consecutive game winner with 2.8 seconds to go against Hofstra to give JMU a victory in their first game of CAA play. Hump had 20 points in the victory. The CAA is down from a year ago when they got 3 teams into the tourney and had a final 4 team in VCU.

The Dukes still have 1 game to go before they regain the eligibility of arguably their best player in Devon Moore. Rayshaun Goins, the Dukes best post player has been ruled out for the year making this years JMU team a really really guard oriented team. Interesting to see when Devon comes back if Hump stays at the point where he's been a good distributor as well as a scorer or if they split duty of move Hump to the 2.

Can't State appears to be beastly this year. I don't think i like an undermanned JMU team to beat them. Especially with the fact that there is basically no homecourt advantage at JMU.

I wish i could predict Can't State was going down, but i think they will roll on tuesday night.

Go get 'em, Humpty!