Fire Tom Wistrcill?

bobbyake

Do you want Tom Wistrcill fired? Regardless of who he hires to coach Akron next.  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Before the Tressel rumors started, a lot of people were calling for his head. I've been wondering if the Tressel rumors were planted by the athletic department to divert the negative attention Tom Wistrcill was getting from the news that he fired Rob Ianello while in route to his mother's funeral.

When the attention was shifted towards the Tressel rumors, all the negative attention Tom Wistrcill was getting died off. BTW, I'm normally not a conspiracy theorist.

Hiring Rob Ianello has created a new low for Akron's football program that looks extremely challenging to recover from in the near future.

For me:

Strike one: when UA decided to charge $10 to park in a tailgating lot when I was used to paying $3 at the Rubber Bowl. The tailgating experiences I enjoyed at the Rubber Bowl are extremely difficult to replicate at Infocision regardless of the product on the field.

Strike two: Hiring Rob Ianello. I was against that decision the second I found out. I honestly wanted to be proven wrong, but a horrible hire proved to be a horrible hire.

Strike three: Not being able to hire Paul Winters. Regardless of whether you were for or against Akron hiring Paul Winters. There's no debating it that this area would have rallied behind him. I feel like Akron is doomed to be the old Eastern Michigan of the MAC for the next 4-5 years :(

What do you think? Do you want Tom Wistrcill fired?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think? Do you want Tom Wistrcill fired?

That's a start, even though I hate to see people get canned. But this is just too huge of a screw-up to let pass. Not only was the Ianello hire a disaster, but we're now still without a coach at the most important time of the year.

This is the worst I've felt about UA football since they "promoted" Jim Dennison to AD. Honestly, I'm as angry now as I was then. I've been disappointed many times over these last several years, but I haven't been mad, really. But dammit, I've just about had it.

We need a freaking miracle.

Strike one: when UA decided to charge $10 to park in a tailgating lot when I was used to paying $3 at the Rubber Bowl.

I paid $25 to park at an App. State game this year. Don't complain.

sorry you got ripped off. I pay $0 for Akron Basketball and Soccer games :) Very happy about those prices. The entertainment value is incredible.

Strike one: when UA decided to charge $10 to park in a tailgating lot when I was used to paying $3 at the Rubber Bowl.

sorry you got ripped off.

Given the amount of fun my wife and I had that day in Boone, I would have paid $200 to park.

sorry you got ripped off.

Given the amount of fun my wife and I had that day in Boone, I would have paid $200 to park.

Tom should be fired even if the rumors are true. He made too many mistakes. If I made a multi-million dollar mistake, I'm sure just being fired would be the best thing possible. But, before that happening, I would hope Akron would give us all a chance to show him what we think of him. Maybe have him stand at center court tonight during the Teddybear Toss and a lot more would be thrown.

You may not know this, But TW was not going to re-up Porter's contract.....it took an immediate interviening of the the Presidents office. TW has made poor decision after poor decision.

if that's true, TW should have been fired a year ago.

Keith Dambrot for Athletic Director? I'm all for it.

He's a great basketball coach, don't get me wrong, but I don't think he would do very well as a football coach.

me neither. Why would he coach the football team as an Athletic Director?