Day 28 of being "Coach-less"

Captain Kangaroo

The longer this goes, the more desperate. A coach must be named in short order or things might spiral right down the shitter. The whole idea of getting "the right guy" this time certainly looks like a long shot. Someone needs to be named that can bring some instant stability and build a framework of some kind of normalcy to the program.

Although he wouldn't be at the top of my list under normal circumstances, I think Mark Mangino needs to be contacted to see if he has any desire to come back to coaching. That is one guy I can think of that may be up for the challenge just to get back into the game and a guy who no other schools probably want.

Before you berate Mark and point out all the reasons why not, think again about the dire straits we are in. I know it's going out on a limb, but wow...are we in trouble.

The longer this goes, the more desperate. A coach must be named in short order or things might spiral right down the shitter. The whole idea of getting "the right guy" this time certainly looks like a long shot. Someone needs to be named that can bring some instant stability and build a framework of some kind of normalcy to the program.

Although he wouldn't be at the top of my list under normal circumstances, I think Mark Mangino needs to be contacted to see if he has any desire to come back to coaching. That is one guy I can think of that may be up for the challenge just to get back into the game and a guy who no other schools probably want.

Before you berate Mark and point out all the reasons why not, think again about the dire straits we are in. I know it's going out on a limb, but wow...are we in trouble.

I've read somewhere (I think it was a CNNSI article, but don't hold me to that) that an interview of Mangino indicated he did. He took Kansas to the Orange Bowl. That's a pretty good hire, especially if he's calmed down a bit.

Many times coaches are fired right after their season near the end of November and a replacement isn't named until after bowl season because coaches are still coaching. 28 days is not as rare as it sounds here.

That might be true if we were talking about a HC from one of the teams making a move up. I just don't see that happening in our circumstances.

From posts on various threads, it sounds as if Loefler is a no go? But I can't find any post actually ruling him out. Are we jumping the gun in dimissing Loefler, or is there a post/thread I've overlooked?

Yes, people are jumping the gun.

It is all based off of one tweet that said "he is mulling it over along with possibly pursuing NFL coaching opportunities". Which sounded to me like a good ploy to say "eh, better come at me with more if you want me".