Stream not found

akronzips71

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What Happened? Come on, I gotta know!! Zeke put us ahead(?), them...?

Zips were playing tough defense, then one of their guys beat us on a back door cut. Layup made with 2 seconds left, zips just passed it in and threw up some prayer.

FRICK! They were up 10 with 9 minutes left?

What Happened? Come on, I gotta know!! Zeke put us ahead(?), them...?

Zips were playing tough defense, then one of their guys beat us on a back door cut. Layup made with 2 seconds left, zips just passed it in and threw up some prayer.

FRICK! They were up 10 with 9 minutes left?

Yep, maybe even less than that. Tick-tack call after tick-tack call led VCU to literally come back from the free throw line. The ball just seemed to bounce their way tonight..

Still a game we should have won. Zips had over 20 turnovers.

you mean like the guy clearly stepping out of bounds on their second to last possesion and the travel prior to the winning layup?

Are you addressing me zipdiehard? If so, I am not saying that the refs were good. The refs were bad and I can remember many missed calls other than the ones you are mentionning. I just think that complaining about the lack of balance in number of fouls and free throws makes us (as a fan base) look silly and whiners. Also complaining about the refs after every close game we lose doesn't go anywhere.

We did have chances, and so did VCU, but to not mention obvious bad or no calls that affected the outcome is a loser mentality. Their board would have been just the same had we pulled it out. I'm sure they would have mentioned Nik's three that was a two that Shaka got upset about, Q's two confrontations with their bench, or Alex's acting jobs on some of the fouls on him.

I'm not one that accepts mediocrity. People continue to just accept bad officiating, just like they accept lazy work ethics and product quality. That is why America is in such piss poor shape, and why our people are a joke to most countries. Trying not to get dramatic, but I am sick of the bs mentality that "bad officiating is part of the game".

Did I ever say the referees were terrible? NO

Did I feel we played lousy defense majority of night? YES

Have I seen worse officiated games before? Unfortunately

I mentioned the free throw attempts due to thinking that it would show the lack of hustle we had to box out and keep VCU from getting so many dadgum offensive boards. I'm sure they scored about 50-70% of their possessions off of offensive rebounds.

You'll never see me complain about referees the rest of the year. I saw 70+ fouls called in a 32 minute high school game before. Ended up not being a basketball game. Just ended up being who shot the best at the free throw line. Each team attempted more free throws, than the amount of minutes played(one team had 45 free throws, while the other had 36).

So you won't see me complaining much...and the free throw stat was just put out there to show two things:

1) VCU was more aggressive

2) Our defensive closeouts and defensive slides were lazy, which let practically any VCU player go to the basket...