2012 verbal: QB Dan Harding

Quote: Akron assistant head coach/defensive coordinator Chuck Amato is an Easton Area High School graduate.

"Having Rusty Amato as our AD, Chuck’s nephew, certainly doesn’t hurt things," Melosky said. "Chuck has always been a true Lehigh Valley guy."

Harding threw for a Nazareth record 3,749 yards and 32 touchdowns this season, while rushing for 199 yards and 13 scores.

Also, the video states he's 6-4, 205... AND -- at 5:40 on the replay, watch how he completes the pass, then runs 20 yds downfield to throw a block for his receiver!

Hopefully this is our diamond in the rough. Does seem weird that he was not highly recruited. Has stats, size, winner. I like what I see.....WELCOME Dan!

Yeah but, like, he shouldn't be in the "rough" ...3700 yards, thirty some TD's. PA State co-player of the year. AAAA, not Single A. It's not like he's the Wyoming player of the year. Doesn't even have a Rivals page? Does he have SARS or something? :lol:

I'm glad we got him, his videos look great, I just don't understand the lack of recruiting for him.

Yeah but, like, he shouldn't be in the "rough" ...3700 yards, thirty some TD's. PA State co-player of the year. AAAA, not Single A. It's not like he's the Wyoming player of the year. Doesn't even have a Rivals page? Does he have SARS or something? :lol:

I'm glad we got him, his videos look great, I just don't understand the lack of recruiting for him.

Right. Earlier in the thread I asked if AAAA was big school or small school. AAAA is BIG school. So this is like landing Ohio's D-1 co-offensive Player of the Year & 1st-Team D-1 All-Ohio QB. Not like landing a 1st-Team D-IV player.

Again, weird.

Right. Earlier in the thread I asked if AAAA was big school or small school. AAAA is BIG school. So this is like landing Ohio's D-1 co-offensive Player of the Year & 1st-Team D-1 All-Ohio QB. Not like landing a 1st-Team D-IV player.

Again, weird.

Because some of the best schools in PA are smaller school programs. That Franco kid you have, was the AP player of the year in AA. I'm sure all of you of heard of Darrelle Revis' alma mater Aliquippa, they play AA, but they play up and only have the numbers of a Single A school. The classifications really don't mean much in PA in terms of individual talent.

Because some of the best schools in PA are smaller school programs. That Franco kid you have, was the AP player of the year in AA. I'm sure all of you of heard of Darrelle Revis' alma mater Aliquippa, they play AA, but they play up and only have the numbers of a Single A school. The classifications really don't mean much in PA in terms of individual talent.

Yeah okay. Put Tyrone or Aliquippa against Central Catholic, Gateway, TJ, etc (this is just Pittsburgh btw) and see what happens. Some great players have come out of AA schools, but the best schools are AAAA for obvious reasons.

Greetings from the Lehigh Valley.... we're just as surprised as you that Dan Harding is a Zip... some thoughts

Nazareth is Class AAAA...went to the eastern state final in the PA playoffs... big school classification

Nazareth plays in the Lehigh Valley conference...one of the three best in PA...send multiple players to BCS schools... example: Dan Persa QB at Northwestern

and three guys at Pitt currently

Harding was selected 1st Team Lehigh Valley Conference over Brandon Nosovitch (Allentown CC)...a Parade All American going to South Carolina

Harding and his parents were set to go Ivy League...academics!!!... plus an all state teammate just set the all-time Ivy League rushing record while playing for Princeton.

It didn't work out. They had turned down multiple FBS programs while awating admission to one of the Ivies.

Since it was late... few good options remained.

The athletic director at Nazareth HS is the nephew of Chuck Amato...your new associate coach...who is from the Lehigh Valley.

Made a call.... you guys get an all everything QB. Bowden out of schollies...kid will "walk on"...academic scholarship.

You also got Dylan Evans, RB-LB from Pen Argyl HS....All State Class AA. Pen Argyl is near Nazareth. Play in the Colonial League in the Lehigh Valley (mostly AA schools). Chuck Amato's brother is the AD at Wilson Boro HS, another Colonial League team. He made the call for Dylan Evans.

So....you guys now have a Lehigh Valley connection.... as does Temple, Buffalo, Boston College, Missouri, Rutgers, Pitt, West Virginia, Michigan State, Army, etc. Also...Pete Lembo...is a Lehigh guy.

I have a hard time believing the first team AAAA QB is walking on anywhere. Unless this kids got some issues.

You do know how many great h.s. quarterbacks there are just in this region, right? You realize how many (finite number between 124 and say, 600?) Division 1A (FBS) scholarships are available in the country? I can easily see a potentially great QB, or other player, coming in as a walk-on and earning a scholarship.