The old Fake Dead Girlfriend ploy

ZachTheZip

I think Deadspin is setting itself up for a defamation of character lawsuit.

I attended that poor young lady's funeral. It was officiated by the Reverend George O'Leary who coincidentally was also her attending physician at the hospital where she died. Someone there mentioned that he was also a coach at Notre Dame for a week. He is a very versatile and talented individual.

Sorry for the double post, I never check this board :)

This is really blowing up, and all the media outlets have picked it up. While the story itself is bizarre, it does little to explain all of the additional stories that were created.

Here's an interesting comment (no offese intended to those implied) from Deadspin:

WTF????

This isn't going to make this go away!!! You made up hospital visits, phone calls, and spending time with her. I just...he's in the damn closet and his buddy was helping him out/sleeping with him come up with the PERFECT excuse to not date any girls while a star at Notre Dame.

Shoulda gone the whole Tebow "virginity" route. Lot easier. Look: no fake twitter profiles of his fake girlfriends and all he dates are christians.

I especially enjoyed the pause in typing, as I immagine the author struggling to wrap his brain around the whole thing then it hits him... :laugh_up:

Sorry for the double post, I never check this board :)

This is really blowing up, and all the media outlets have picked it up. While the story itself is bizarre, it does little to explain all of the additional stories that were created.

Here's an interesting comment (no offese intended to those implied) from Deadspin:

I especially enjoyed the pause in typing, as I immagine the author struggling to wrap his brain around the whole thing then it hits him... :laugh_up:

Hey, his story is perfectly believable.

Do you think he is so cold-hearted that he made this up right around the time his beloved grandmother passed away?

I feel for the guy.

The exact same thing happened to me, twice, when I was an undergrad at Akron.

No I definitely understand his grief over his grandmother. But lets be honest here, he could have expressed sorrow for her loss in much the same manner. Athletes do it all the time, and credit inspirational games. This was wayyyy beyond that! Maybe he did fall for a ruse, maybe that is why he was so disoriented during the BCS-CG. Doesn't mean it isn't all a little odd...... just sayin :D

No I definitely understand his grief over his grandmother. But lets be honest here, he could have expressed sorrow for her loss in much the same manner. Athletes do it all the time, and credit inspirational games. This was wayyyy beyond that! Maybe he did fall for a ruse, maybe that is why he was so disoriented during the BCS-CG. Doesn't mean it isn't all a little odd...... just sayin :D

A ruse! Are you kidding me? He first met her in person in California, visited with her in Hawaii, talked to her over the phone. He was going to introduce her to his Dad, but just a few days before that was to occur she ended up dying. This situation is so much like my own, however, I must admit the similarity is weird.

A ruse! Are you kidding me? He first met her in person in California, visited with her in Hawaii, talked to her over the phone. He was going to introduce her to his Dad, but just a few days before that was to occur she ended up dying. This situation is so much like my own, however, I must admit the similarity is weird.

Except that it was you that died.

Damn! How did I know there were two separate threads. I was writing on the other page! And if anyone wants to read, you can see I solved this little suspense novella a couple hours ago. Manti is a naive young man from a community where masculinity is everything to young men, but some men have gender ID difficulties. I don't know how exactly Ronaiah Tuiasosopo is related to Manti -- he may be a cousin, or just knows him through his family in La'ie. There are dozens of Tuiasosopos in La'ie. Anyway, as I showed, Ronaiah is a guy who likes dressing up -- or cross-dressing, if you will. He apparently, as I read in some posts on social media, has pulled the "crying game" trick before, and he may have tried it with Manti -- successfully. At least, that's the scenario IF you believe Manti didn't know from the beginning. It's possible that Manti didn't find out the real identity of Lennay until 2012 -- when exactly I haven't figured out. But in any case, I suspect the "leukemia" story was Manti's -- if his girlfriend is dead, she can't take away any of his mana, or his publicity. Yeah -- there is much more gossip still to drop on this, but I have a pretty good idea about who the real Lennay Kekua is! Google Ronaiah Tuiasosopo. It may well be that no one else has gotten to the bottom of this, because they couldn't spell his name properly. He was a HS QB in Palmdale, CA. Class of 2008-- which makes him the same age as Lennay.

Damn! How did I know there were two separate threads. I was writing on the other page! And if anyone wants to read, you can see I solved this little suspense novella a couple hours ago. Manti is a naive young man from a community where masculinity is everything to young men, but some men have gender ID difficulties. I don't know how exactly Ronaiah Tuiasosopo is related to Manti -- he may be a cousin, or just knows him through his family in La'ie. There are dozens of Tuiasosopos in La'ie. Anyway, as I showed, Ronaiah is a guy who likes dressing up -- or cross-dressing, if you will. He apparently, as I read in some posts on social media, has pulled the "crying game" trick before, and he may have tried it with Manti -- successfully. At least, that's the scenario IF you believe Manti didn't know from the beginning. It's possible that Manti didn't find out the real identity of Lennay until 2012 -- when exactly I haven't figured out. But in any case, I suspect the "leukemia" story was Manti's -- if his girlfriend is dead, she can't take away any of his mana, or his publicity. Yeah -- there is much more gossip still to drop on this, but I have a pretty good idea about who the real Lennay Kekua is! Google Ronaiah Tuiasosopo. It may well be that no one else has gotten to the bottom of this, because they couldn't spell his name properly. He was a HS QB in Palmdale, CA. Class of 2008-- which makes him the same age as Lennay.

Did you read the Deadspin piece? Anyone who read that probably beat you to the solution.

Did you read the Deadspin piece? Anyone who read that probably beat you to the solution.

Do I get credit for getting the answer independently? I didn't cheat by reading the right answer, like some. I'll look for that deathspin thing, they probably started their investigation a month ago, I just started about 3PM HST. :D