WTF? Manti Te'o Hoax

Wally B

:eek:Deadspin - Notre Dame Hoax

This is truly bizarre.... honestly there's no other word for it but bizarre! :CK_brew: :CK_brew:

The more I read the more confused i get. There's the original hoax. But then there are the lies about sending flowers, and meeting her, etc, etc. Then you add the element of poor journalism on multiple levels from a local rag to major networks...... how bizarre????

:iws:

:eek:Deadspin - Notre Dame Hoax

This is truly bizarre.... honestly there's no other word for it but bizarre! :CK_brew: :CK_brew:

The more I read the more confused i get. There's the original hoax. But then there are the lies about sending flowers, and meeting her, etc, etc. Then you add the element of poor journalism on multiple levels from a local rag to major networks...... how bizarre????

You missed it by this much.

For all of you young whippersnappers out there, there used to be a thing called "investigative journalism" and this is what it looked like. See, way back when I was walking to school up hill both ways, when a reporter heard something, they actually took time to find out whether or not it was true. Reading this story is like going back in time and reading what used to be journalism.

Right now, there is a 10 year old sitting in a hospital somewhere dying of leukemia. These lying bastards made up a story about a young person dying of cancer. They are all sick and Manti is just as sick as the rest. He knew what everyone was doing and participated. He is too smart of a guy to have been duped by anyone.

The ND faithful must be so upset at this point. First, they got to be relevant for a couple of months before getting run out of the stadium by Alabama. Then they had to retire their ND sweatshirt they haven't worn in 20 years into the drawer they pulled it out of at the beginning of November. Now, they have to weather the long winter without their ND sweatshirt with the knowledge their again irrelevant team promoted an insane person for an entire season. With the internet, it is going to be hard for the ND PR machine to cover this up. They have already come out with the "Nothing to see here...go about your business" response. I don't think that is going to work.

Yeah, because on catfish, the people meet in real life before they develop a relationship like Te'o claimed.

He is a liar, as well as his family (who said she visited them in Hawaii)

you must have not watched the show then. everyone onthe show have had a relationship with someone online for a long period of time while never meeting them. then they call in the host Nev for help. he does some research and they meet. 99% of the time the one of the two is lying and someone always gets hurt. i have no idea what's happened here. just saying this stuff happens all the time.

you must have not watched the show then. everyone onthe show have had a relationship with someone online for a long period of time while never meeting them. then they call in the host Nev for help. he does some research and they meet. 99% of the time the one of the two is lying and someone always gets hurt. i have no idea what's happened here. just saying this stuff happens all the time.

I know how the show works. What I am saying is Te'o, as well as his family have tried to cover it up saying "we first met after the stanford-nd game" "she has visited us numerous times in Hawaii"

Zippers, I solved this story about two hours after it broke, when ESPN released the name of the "hoaxer" as Ronaiah Tuiasosopo. Ladies and gentlemen, Meet Lennay Kekua! Does anyone know what we in Hawaii call a "mahu"? This story was described as similar to the doc "Catfish". Now I am wondering if you remember Forest Whitaker in "The Crying Game". :D

As I wrote on Notre Dame's Facebook page, unless you have been to La'ie, you could not believe how a young Mormon boy could get caught up in a story like this. La'ie is Bizzaro World on Earth.

Quick update: Look at what I found on Tuiasosopo's Myspace. Read the second post -- which shows the Te'o family apparently knew what was going on. Is there any way to find the date of the post from Leata Te'o? It was at least two years ago, rather incriminating. If other Te'os knew (2 yrs ago!) who Lennay was, how did Manti not find out? In case the site gets deleted, here's what the post says: Leata Te'o hey you:) hows you nd your sister doing?

Zippers, I solved this story about two hours after it broke, when ESPN released the name of the "hoaxer" as Ronaiah Tuiasosopo. Ladies and gentlemen, Meet Lennay Kekua! Does anyone know what we in Hawaii call a "mahu"? This story was described as similar to the doc "Catfish". Now I am wondering if you remember Forest Whitaker in "The Crying Game". :D

As I wrote on Notre Dame's Facebook page, unless you have been to La'ie, you could not believe how a young Mormon boy could get caught up in a story like this. La'ie is Bizzaro World on Earth.

Quick update: Look at what I found on Tuiasosopo's Myspace. Read the second post -- which shows the Te'o family apparently knew what was going on. Is there any way to find the date of the post from Leata Te'o? It was at least two years ago, rather incriminating. If other Te'os knew (2 yrs ago!) who Lennay was, how did Manti not find out? In case the site gets deleted, here's what the post says: Leata Te'o hey you:) hows you nd your sister doing?

I dont understand this post at all. You are claiming his girlfriend is the girl you linked us to?

Yeah, would you like her #? If you actually read my post, I think it would be hard for you to have missed the hints that she's not a SHE. Take another look at the pic. :rolleyes:

I actually had to read your post 3 times attempting to see your point. You bringing up the guy's name isnt investigative. He was mentioned in the Deadspin article.

Gregg Doyel ‏@GreggDoyelCBS So Bend Tribune has pulled story that exposes Te'o as a liar. The one where he met the girl. THAT's interesting.

If you think Manti's popular in South Bend, you should come to Hawaii (well, maybe you don't need that excuse...). He's a demi-god here -- He pulled up O'ahu from the ocean with his fishhook. The local news/sports people haven't dared to show any suspicion against Saint Manti. He's a terrible victim -- just like the ND AD said earlier. Honolulu might be renamed West South Bend.

I actually had to read your post 3 times attempting to see your point. You bringing up the guy's name isnt investigative. He was mentioned in the Deadspin article.

Sorry Professor, I guess I'll have to re-do my paper. Did they show that he's a transvestite too?

I am so confused

Help me out....

SO THERE IS NO LENNAY KEKUA?

IS THERE A REAL GIRL AT ALL?

IF THIS WAS ALL MADE UP BY TEO, WHAT DID HE EXPECT TO GAIN? HE WAS ALREADY REVERED, THOUGHT TO BE TOTAL CLASS AND WAS/IS ABOUT TO BECOME A MULTIMILLIONARE

"Te'o's father, Brian, told the Tribune in October 2012. "Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there." - IF THE FATHER DID SAY THIS AND WAS A PART OF THIS, HE IS A SICK %$#*

BUT THEN HE APPARENTLY SAY IN SI INTERVIEW

"And it was around this time that Manti and his father began filling in details about the linebacker's relationship with Lennay. Brian Te'o told multiple reporters that the family had never met Kekua; the Te'os were supposed to spend time with her when they visited South Bend, Ind., for Notre Dame's Senior Day on Nov. 17. The elder Te'o told the South Bend Tribune in October, "[W]e came to the realization that she could be our daughter-in-law. Sadly, it won't happen now." - HUH?

"Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly awards the game ball to Lennay Kekua, handing it to Te'o to "take back to Hawaii." - IS HE THAT STUPID?

I AM WATCHING INTERVIEWS WITH MANTI TALKING ABOUT HOW SHE WAS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN HE EVER MET, ETC.

I am so confused

Help me out....

SO THERE IS NO LENNAY KEKUA?

IS THERE A REAL GIRL AT ALL?

IF THIS WAS ALL MADE UP BY TEO, WHAT DID HE EXPECT TO GAIN? HE WAS ALREADY REVERED, THOUGHT TO BE TOTAL CLASS AND WAS/IS ABOUT TO BECOME A MULTIMILLIONARE

"Te'o's father, Brian, told the Tribune in October 2012. "Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there." - IF THE FATHER DID SAY THIS AND WAS A PART OF THIS, HE IS A SICK %$#*

BUT THEN HE APPARENTLY SAY IN SI INTERVIEW

"And it was around this time that Manti and his father began filling in details about the linebacker's relationship with Lennay. Brian Te'o told multiple reporters that the family had never met Kekua; the Te'os were supposed to spend time with her when they visited South Bend, Ind., for Notre Dame's Senior Day on Nov. 17. The elder Te'o told the South Bend Tribune in October, "[W]e came to the realization that she could be our daughter-in-law. Sadly, it won't happen now." - HUH?

"Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly awards the game ball to Lennay Kekua, handing it to Te'o to "take back to Hawaii." - IS HE THAT STUPID?

I AM WATCHING INTERVIEWS WITH MANTI TALKING ABOUT HOW SHE WAS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN HE EVER MET, ETC.

This is a comment I pulled from the original Deadspi story. (pulled from the duplicate OT thread) You'll probably understand it at about the same point the author did.

WTF????

This isn't going to make this go away!!! You made up hospital visits, phone calls, and spending time with her. I just...he's in the damn closet and his buddy was helping him out/sleeping with him come up with the PERFECT excuse to not date any girls while a star at Notre Dame.

Shoulda gone the whole Tebow "virginity" route. Lot easier. Look: no fake twitter profiles of his fake girlfriends and all he dates are christians

Where does one turn to for info on this stunning 24/7 newsworthy story? TMZ…but of course.

The Manti Te'o not-really-dead-girlfriend hoax was perpetuated by a man named Ronaiah Tuiasosopo,

who served as a representative for the family of the fake "Lennay Kekua" ... and TMZ has the photo proof.

ND = No such Dame?

Wonder if it looks like this guys proof?

teoing-300x224.jpg

I am so confused

Help me out....

Direct quote from Deadspin article from yesterday that has already been linked to on this site. Statement of the facts.

There was no Lennay Kekua. Lennay Kekua did not meet Manti Te'o after the Stanford game in 2009. Lennay Kekua did not attend Stanford. Lennay Kekua never visited Manti Te'o in Hawaii. Lennay Kekua was not in a car accident. Lennay Kekua did not talk to Manti Te'o every night on the telephone. She was not diagnosed with cancer, did not spend time in the hospital, did not engage in a lengthy battle with leukemia. She never had a bone marrow transplant. She was not released from the hospital on Sept. 10, nor did Brian Te'o congratulate her for this over the telephone. She did not insist that Manti Te'o play in the Michigan State or Michigan games, and did not request he send white flowers to her funeral. Her favorite color was not white. Her brother, Koa, did not inform Manti Te'o that she was dead. Koa did not exist. Her funeral did not take place in Carson, Calif., and her casket was not closed at 9 a.m. exactly. She was not laid to rest.

Lennay Kekua's last words to Manti Te'o were not "I love you."

Direct quote from Deadspin article from yesterday that has already been linked to on this site. Statement of the facts.

There was no Lennay Kekua. Lennay Kekua did not meet Manti Te'o after the Stanford game in 2009. Lennay Kekua did not attend Stanford. Lennay Kekua never visited Manti Te'o in Hawaii. Lennay Kekua was not in a car accident. Lennay Kekua did not talk to Manti Te'o every night on the telephone. She was not diagnosed with cancer, did not spend time in the hospital, did not engage in a lengthy battle with leukemia. She never had a bone marrow transplant. She was not released from the hospital on Sept. 10, nor did Brian Te'o congratulate her for this over the telephone. She did not insist that Manti Te'o play in the Michigan State or Michigan games, and did not request he send white flowers to her funeral. Her favorite color was not white. Her brother, Koa, did not inform Manti Te'o that she was dead. Koa did not exist. Her funeral did not take place in Carson, Calif., and her casket was not closed at 9 a.m. exactly. She was not laid to rest.

Lennay Kekua's last words to Manti Te'o were not "I love you."

The Deadspin expose was written Tim Burke, an OU grad and a moderator on the bobcatattack.com site.

With the internet, it is going to be hard for the ND PR machine to cover this up. They have already come out with the "Nothing to see here...go about your business" response. I don't think that is going to work.

Getting back to this fantastic point I made, it is now being reported that most players on the ND team knew this girl didn't exist. If the players knew, who else knew? Did assistant coaches know?....they hear a lot. Did an assistants tell Pumpkin Head and video manager killer Kelly about it? Did the administration know about it? Lots of questions remain. Maybe Penn State is not the only place in the world where horrible behavior is covered up.

Lots to see.

Getting back to this fantastic point I made, it is now being reported that most players on the ND team knew this girl didn't exist. If the players knew, who else knew? Did assistant coaches know?....they hear a lot. Did an assistants tell Pumpkin Head and video manager killer Kelly about it? Did the administration know about it? Lots of questions remain. Maybe Penn State is not the only place in the world where horrible behavior is covered up.

Lots to see.

UHHHH...ND has quite the history of covering things up/sweeping them under the rug. See scissor lift incident and Lizzy Seeburg.

"Te'o's father, Brian, told the Tribune in October 2012. "Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there."

I am totally stuck on this. If his father actually made this comment.....to me the whole Teo family coordinated this whole thing and the father is a sick fucko to be a part of it.