I DON'T HEAR YOU??!!!

FromdaBurgh

Hey....KEP and SKIP-ZIP.... I'm calling BOTH of you out! Where are you NOW??!! I don't hear you mouthing off concerning Zeke! You both are ssssoooo quick to want to talk "reckless" when he has an off game...but here are some STATS for you (courtesy of Dave In the Green)...

Quick update after today's Can't game on where Zeke stands in various NATIONAL OFFENSIVE statistical rankings:

#1: Zeke remains the nation's leader in free throw rate (number of free throw attempts per field goal attempt, i.e. they have to foul him to stop him from scoring).

#2: Zeke has moved up from 4th to 2nd best in floor percentage (an individual's scoring possessions divided by his total possessions).

#5: Zeke has moved up from 13th to 5th best in field goal percentage at 67.3%.

#8: Zeke has moved up from 9th to 8th best in true shooting percentage (summary of 2-point, 3-point and free throw shooting percentages) at 69.1%.

#9: Zeke is currently #9 in effective field goal percentage at 69.8% (not sure why I didn't include this category in the original post).

#23: Zeke has moved up from 41st to 23rd best in offensive rating (a player's efficiency at producing points for the offense based on field goals, free throws, assists, offensive rebounds and turnovers).

Of course, Zeke is still well in the top 10 in all shot block categories. But that's old news. Everyone knew Zeke could block shots. It's the extreme improvement in offensive categories that's going to register with the NBA scouts come NBA draft time. As the season goes on, his offensive numbers are going up, not down.

You guys are both so typical and quite sad..won't come on here NOW when his game is 'back on" DESPITE the fact he is battling this NASTY FLU BUG...YEAH..thats what I thought....TAKE A SEAT!!!!

I absolutely have no problem in letting the stats speak LOUD and CLEAR...I just felt like speaking my mind tonight! B)

I can certainly understand that. I'm sure it's tough to see your son criticized while putting up superb numbers. I just remember what I thought when Gloria James used to taunt opposing fans after St. V wins and don't want that for you/Zeke.

Make sure he gets plenty of rest, we need the big man 100%!

Thank you...the opposing fans are irrelevant to me..its OUR OWN FANS..that get under my skin sometimes! Yes, it is hard to read some of their 'idiotic' comments...but at the end of the day "I'M GONNA LET THE STATS TALK--LOUD AND CLEAR"!!!

He's a chicken noodle soup eating, hot tea with honey and cough drops and OJ drinking, laying in the bed sleeping, sleeping, sleeping....dude!!! LOL :):zzz:

@GameChngr44, I'm an optimist, and yet I'm still blown away by the improvement in Zeke's offensive game. Of course he still has a long way to go to be NBA-ready. But I honestly believe that if he gets it in his mind and in his heart that scoring points is as important as blocking shots, he could turn into a scoring beast. He's already showing flashes of that, and I understand how frustrating it must be for you when some Zips fans don't see it even when it's written large in the NCAA stats.

See THAT is the mistake that soooo many make. Everyone assumes that he has to be this MONSTER SCORING MACHINE..but the truth of the matter is that the "reports' from those who are the "DECISION MAKERS".... have said nothing but positive things about his progress. What people don't understand is that, at the end of the day, they want to know if he is COACHABLE, have a positive UPSIDE and can make a difference..and they ALL have said YES, YES & YES!

I don't think that people who watch zips games and invest their time and money to support this team and come on to this board to share their opinions with passion can be Zeke haters or nay sayers.

Being a fan of a team or a player doesn't mean that you shouldn't criticize them and push them to reach their maximum potential.

We all want Zeke and the Zips to kick butts and be #1 and no one is happier than the hardcore fans on this board when Zeke does well.

Love and Respect. :wave:

N, since you do not live in Akron you need a few locals to save the front page of the Sunday Akron Beacon Journal. Sports Section for you.

I saved you a copy.

I think the naysayers will have absolutely nothing say after seeing the large photo of Zeke dominating the page.

NBA Zeke

Now I see why Zeke has difficulty scoring. One of his legs is noticeably longer than the other.

Now I see why Zeke has difficulty scoring. One of his legs is noticeably longer than the other.

This is an affliction know in the medical community as Patellar Gluteal Extension Syndrome, where the leg-knee cap junction extends well beyond its normal linear dimensions after kicking K.e.n.t.'s ass for an extended period of time. :nutkick:

It should be completely healed by Wednesday (per Zips medical staff).

Hey....KEP and SKIP-ZIP.... I'm calling BOTH of you out! Where are you NOW??!! I don't hear you mouthing off concerning Zeke! You both are ssssoooo quick to want to talk "reckless" when he has an off game...but here are some STATS for you (courtesy of Dave In the Green)...

Quick update after today's Can't game on where Zeke stands in various NATIONAL OFFENSIVE statistical rankings:

#1: Zeke remains the nation's leader in free throw rate (number of free throw attempts per field goal attempt, i.e. they have to foul him to stop him from scoring).

#2: Zeke has moved up from 4th to 2nd best in floor percentage (an individual's scoring possessions divided by his total possessions).

#8: Zeke has moved up from 9th to 8th best in true shooting percentage (summary of 2-point, 3-point and free throw shooting percentages) at 69.1%.

#9: Zeke is currently #9 in effective field goal percentage at 69.8% (not sure why I didn't include this category in the original post).

#23: Zeke has moved up from 41st to 23rd best in offensive rating (a player's efficiency at producing points for the offense based on field goals, free throws, assists, offensive rebounds and turnovers).

Of course, Zeke is still well in the top 10 in all shot block categories. But that's old news. Everyone knew Zeke could block shots. It's the extreme improvement in offensive categories that's going to register with the NBA scouts come NBA draft time. As the season goes on, his offensive numbers are going up, not down.

You guys are both so typical and quite sad..won't come on here NOW when his game is 'back on" DESPITE the fact he is battling this NASTY FLU BUG...YEAH..thats what I thought....TAKE A SEAT!!!!

Yes, a great game by Zeke and the team. We know that Zeke is capable of having these kind of games where he takes control of a game. The question is, why can't he play at this level more often? Obviously nobody can be on top of their game 100% of the time, but if he really aspires to play in the NBA, he cannot take 3-4 games off between these kind of efforts. Sorry I was not able to reply earlier to your post. But some of us have full time jobs and are not able to sit around all day blogging......

Hay Kep, I'm pretty sure Zeke is more interested in his future than you are. Maybe he doesn't want it, but I think that if he wants to play in the NBA, he's got a brain and smart people to talk to about what might work for him toward that purpose. Just sayin'.

Thanks Game Changer for this post addressing these kind of comments. I've had to read posts slamming Chauncey for not playing well as expected in the past couple of weeks. It's not easy to hear the fans who suppose to love the player throw out insults about him without understanding or compassion of his personal struggles. But when the play is exceptional you very rarely hear them give any credit where credit is due. Chauncey hurt his knee two or three weeks prior to the season started and wanted to avoid surgery because he didn't want to let the team down along with jeopardizing other future personal and professional goals. He fought hard to get back in the last couple of weeks to get back, almost two or three weeks earlier than expected. That kind of applause for that kind of dedication and determination actually go unnoticed. Another point I would like to make is Chauncey also scored his 1000 plus college career points and no one pointed that out nor any school recognition. Unfortunately its almost the same fans who post the negative comments like they live for the negative. I do understand their love and compassion for the team and is passionate of their team's success. But while the player is in the valley it doesn't help to hear all the negative stuff..Good for you standing up for your kid and having total belief in him even doing the lows.

Thanks Game Changer for this post addressing these kind of comments. I've had to read posts slamming Chauncey for not playing well as expected in the past couple of weeks. It's not easy to hear the fans who suppose to love the player throw out insults about him without understanding or compassion of his personal struggles. But when the play is exceptional you very rarely hear them give any credit where credit is due. Chauncey hurt his knee two or three weeks prior to the season started and wanted to avoid surgery because he didn't want to let the team down along with jeopardizing other future personal and professional goals. He fought hard to get back in the last couple of weeks to get back, almost two or three weeks earlier than expected. That kind of applause for that kind of dedication and determination actually go unnoticed. Another point I would like to make is Chauncey also scored his 1000 plus college career points and no one pointed that out nor any school recognition. Unfortunately its almost the same fans who post the negative comments like they live for the negative. I do understand their love and compassion for the team and is passionate of their team's success. But while the player is in the valley it doesn't help to hear all the negative stuff..Good for you standing up for your kid and having total belief in him even doing the lows.

Congrats to him on scoring his 1000th! Had no idea...

. . .

If you don't want to see people analyzing and criticizing the play of a basketball player, don't read any of the blog sites of that particular team.

If your life is all about criticizing you lead an awfully lonely life.

How about recognizing that Zeke and other Zips players are often double and even triple teamed. This tends to cut down on

the player's effectiveness. They just have to play through it. You, on the other hand, just belly ache about the player's poor

performance.

Akron has twelve really good, hard working kids putting in a lot of hard work. Oh, I should mention the efforts of the walk-on

players as they are contributing to the team success as well.

And, belated congratulations to Chauncey Gilliam on scoring his 1,000th college point. Another job well done.

Chauncey is the key to the Zips doing any real post season damage. Guys like Kretzer and McAdams will have their moments, but having a steady, healthy senior in CG is absolutely invaluable. His sweet three's were just as critical as Zeke's blocks and free throws on Saturday. Loved having him back in the line up. :rock: