Zips @ Buffalo

mes102

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIGHT MIVID12,

Some people, other than the Tree, Zeke, ect. have to be able to step up. Zipswin made some good observations however.

A month ago, I would have said our at-large chances were around 10%, at best. Going into that game, a win, coupled with wins against Can't and Miami, plus an appearance in MACC, around 40% . Now must win 2 in Cleveland.

Also, even with a MACC win, no better than a 13 seed, playing in the back yard of the #4 seed

I for one, am a believer that we are an outside/in team. While the front line can be dominate, I think we struggle at our spacing inside until we start hitting a few threes. Immediately is all opens up and Zeke and Tree then go work. The off-ball clutching and grabbing of our bigs made it tough and then we didn't hit enough threes to make UB honest.
I agree. I don't think it is the case all of the time, but to win in the NCAA tourney, I think your point is valid.

The Zips Win! jinx will take the blame for this one! Yesterday made me 1-6 going to UB over the last 13 years. The roommate said no more, but the ride is so easy and Santora's Pizza and Pub is an awesome place for wings and beer.

Yes, UB is a tough match-up. But they had the perfect storm going yesterday. They drained threes from all over the court in the first half and

they were allowed to foul us at will, with little getting called. We never got into a rhythm. Sorry folks, it's hard to score when getting hammered.

I for one, am a believer that we are an outside/in team. While the front line can be dominate, I think we struggle at our spacing inside until we start hitting a

few threes. Immediately is all opens up and Zeke and Tree then go work. The off-ball clutching and grabbing of our bigs made it tough and then we didn't hit enough threes to make UB honest.

The effort was awesome. I didn't really see a tired team, just one frustrated because we could never get into a flow...

Nice post. Time to start a new winning streak. :)

Ill be much happier if its the next 9.

My assumption is that you want to win out. If so, the magic number is 10 -- 2 regular season, 2 MAC tournament, round of 64, round of 32, sweet 16, elite 8, final 4, and championship.

Chauncey needs to get his head on straight. I watched him extensively against NDSU before the game, during the game, at half-time and after the game. He had not interest in anything that was going on. I personally watched a 3-4 minute stretch in pre-game warmups where he was holding a long distance conversation with someone in the stands. He passed up his turn in the layup line at least half a dozen times and when he did take shots they were half-hearted or they were Nick Goddard style 3's from the bench.

Memo to Chauncey. You will not see minutes from KD if that is the attitude you bring to the table. You're a senior. Wake up and start acting like it.

You don't know what you are talking about. You know nothing about Chauncey and neither does any of the fans here. Memo to you...go screw yourself

Chauncey needs to get his head on straight. I watched him extensively against NDSU before the game, during the game, at half-time and after the game. He had not interest in anything that was going on. I personally watched a 3-4 minute stretch in pre-game warmups where he was holding a long distance conversation with someone in the stands. He passed up his turn in the layup line at least half a dozen times and when he did take shots they were half-hearted or they were Nick Goddard style 3's from the bench.

Memo to Chauncey. You will not see minutes from KD if that is the attitude you bring to the table. You're a senior. Wake up and start acting like it.

He took one shot...

You don't know what you are talking about. You know nothing about Chauncey and neither does any of the fans here. Memo to you...go screw yourself

If Chauncey's attitude is anything like yours it is no wonder he has been riding the bench. There is no place for that.

And it is a huge shame because Chauncey is a great player.