Will we win more than one game?

We beat JMU/BG/Ball St./Can't/Mass for a record of 5-7.

Thu, Aug 29 at UCF 7:00 pm

Sat, Sep 7 J James Madison 6:00 pm

Sat, Sep 14 at (24) Michigan 12:00 pm

Sat, Sep 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 6:00 pm

Sat, Sep 28 at Bowling Green

Sat, Oct 5 Ohio 2:00 pm

Sat, Oct 12 at Northern Illinois 5:00 pm

Sat, Oct 19 at Miami (OH)

Sat, Oct 26 Ball State 12:00 pm

Sat, Nov 2 Can't State 3:30 pm

Sat, Nov 16 at Massachusetts 1:00 pm

Fri, Nov 29 Toledo

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I have seen and read enough about the newcomers to make my predictions for 2013.

First off, UA will most definitely win more than 1 game this season. I think the Zips will go 4-8 in 2013, and if I'm wrong I believe they will win MORE than 4, not less. As for the 4 wins, I'll go with JMU, UMass, Miami and K.E.N.T.

Here are some other 2013 predictions of mine:

1) 1st road win since 2008

2) 1st sound defeat (2 TDs or more) of an FBS opponent since 2008

3) Best defense since 2005

4) MTB is MAC newcmer of the year

5) Mizell is 1st team ALL-MAC

6) Pughsley, Chisholm, Caponi, and Stein make various ALL-MAC teams.

7) Defense scores at least 3 TDs

8) Pohl falls short of Williams' passing yards, but equals his total offense.

Ball State and BGSU will play in the MAC Championship game this year.

I see us beating JMU, Miami, Can't State, and UMass for four wins. We might beat someone else we're not supposed to, but this is how i see things shaping up.

If we somehow beat UCF or Lafayette early on, all bets are off.

L 35-27 Thu, Aug 29 at UCF 7:00 pm

W 42-24 Sat, Sep 7 J James Madison 6:00 pm

L 42-17 (21-17 at half) Sat, Sep 14 at (24) Michigan 12:00 pm

L 66-63 Sat, Sep 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 6:00 pm

W 42-35 Sat, Sep 28 at Bowling Green

L 38-35 Sat, Oct 5 Ohio 2:00 pm

L 41-31 Sat, Oct 12 at Northern Illinois 5:00 pm

W 42-17 Sat, Oct 19 at Miami (OH)

L 35-20 Sat, Oct 26 Ball State 12:00 pm

W 70-0 (really 42-38) Sat, Nov 2 Can't State 3:30 pm

W 49-28 Sat, Nov 16 at Massachusetts 1:00 pm

L 56-49 Fri, Nov 29 Toledo

Still don't know what to make of our defense. If we are improved some of those scores will be a lot lower. BGSU and Miami were close last year with our defense fading midway through the 3rd quarter. I don't see that happening again. I also think, based of last year, that Ohio could go our way, it would be the second largest crowd of the year, homecoming and we competed well against them last year with very little depth.

The biggest thing from last year is how competitive we were in every game. There are prognosticators that think we lose a lot, but with the young talent we had and the depth we have added from transfers there will not be any drop off. I see an NIU - BGSU MACC game, but we will have edged one of them. NIU is still a middle of the pack team in any big conference (meaning they are at least as good an Iowa) so they outclass the rest of the conference quite a bit.

Final results anywhere between 4-8 and 6-6. Which for what this team was 2 years ago is a bigger turn around then the Miami turnaround a few years ago.

I agree with everyone who replied above. Four games seems to be the magic number. JMU, Can't State, Miami, UMass as wins. I also Put Ohio, Toledo and UCF on upset alert. Now obviously we're not going to beat all or even one of those teams but I think that those games have the greatest potential to be an upset.

The funny thing is that I'm sure many of the people who predicted 3-5 wins last year were pointing at the exact same games as the ones we are looking at as wins this year. Lets just hope that a year later, we have finally progressed enough to win those games.

And your prediction is ????

I see lots of predictions that BG is headed to the MACC. They had an impressive defense last year. I will give you that, but who will replace Samuel at RB? Perhaps they have a good one to plug in that hole that I am unaware of. Secondly, I think Matt Schilz is a complete stiff at QB. When he tries to step up against a good MAC defense, he will fold like a Dollar General™ tent in a windstorm.

Oh boy. I see predictions here that OU & BG are going down. Surely, Miami is no match for the Zips this year and it seems to be unanimous that we pick up wins vs. Can't & UMass. That all adds up to just one thing, baby! MAC East Champs!

Thu, Aug 29 at UCF 7:00 pm L

Sat, Sep 7 J James Madison 6:00 pm W

Sat, Sep 14 at (24) Michigan 12:00 pm L

Sat, Sep 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 6:00 pm L

Sat, Sep 28 at Bowling Green W

Sat, Oct 5 Ohio 2:00 pm W

Sat, Oct 12 at Northern Illinois 5:00 pm L

Sat, Oct 19 at Miami (OH) W

Sat, Oct 26 Ball State 12:00 pm L

Sat, Nov 2 Can't State 3:30 pm W

Sat, Nov 16 at Massachusetts 1:00 pm W

Fri, Nov 29 Toledo L

See you in Detroit!

Im not taking Can't lightly, at least not as lightly as JMU, UMass, and Miami. They have ??s at QB, but return the most productive backfield in the nation, one of which is a Heisman candidate. I like our chances better without Hazell, but still not counting is at one of our easier chances at a W.

Also, Kyle Pohl will own just about every statistical QB record by the time he is done here.

Im not taking Can't lightly, at least not as lightly as JMU, UMass, and Miami. They have ??s at QB, but return the most productive backfield in the nation, one of which is a Heisman candidate.

I seem to remember the Zips having a Heisman candidate once upon a time. That didn't turn out so well...maybe we will see that again!

I hope I'm wrong, but even 3 wins seems a stretch. There's one slam dunk, then everything else is murky. Miami and UMass are there for the taking, but they're on the road.

The talk out of practice is much more positive than the past few years, but still, that home game against UMass last year was one of the most pathetic football games I've seen at any level. A few key injuries and I could see that type of performance happening again this year.