Its Michigan Week

lance99

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I want at least three offensive scores and to have a CLEARLY better showing than CMU did in the opener for UM. I also think the D is capable of 3+ sacks.

Also, I hope nearly every healthy body not being redshirted will get to see the field at some point just for the experience. After being there just about any other place is less intimidating.

I would indeed be happy if we can play them better than CMU did. That would be a good benchmark for us.

But, it all depends on what Michigan wants to do. I expect them to run the ball a lot this year, and we can't tackle. But, that probably keeps the score down a bit as opposed to them throwing against our weak secondary all day.

Michigan moved the ball on the ground well against a very good ND defensive line with a couple of future NFL players on it. Their offensive line is big and physical. 166 yards rushing in total. Mix in a good QB with the ability to throw and it spells trouble for the Zips. Michigan will cover any line at or under 37.5.

Tailgating Guide

"Every parking lot within a mile of the stadium should have tailgating going strong. Pioneer High School (corner opposite the stadium) turns into a tailgating lot during the day of the game -- lots of RVs park there. There's a lot of fun to be had with people that aren't just from Ann Arbor there. "The best experience on a Michigan game day, especially for a packed game like this, is walking down Hoover [street] and then onto Greene Street and just seeing how many people are there. It's a sea of maize and blue, meaning the idiots wearing red stick out like sore thumbs. My favorite sign I've ever seen was the in, like, '05, when OSU came to the Big House and a bunch of M Law guys had a banner saying 'M Law: Clarett Could've Walked.'"

Sounds like our kind of group! :thumb:

Maize N Brew knows that good tailgating involves good drinking. A few of their suggestions: Left-Hand Milk Stout Schell's Lager Lancaster Strawberry Wheat Bengali Tiger IPA Mint Juleps

Michigan moved the ball on the ground well against a very good ND defensive line with a couple of future NFL players on it. Their offensive line is big and physical. 166 yards rushing in total. Mix in a good QB with the ability to throw and it spells trouble for the Zips. Michigan will cover any line at or under 37.5.

scUM has recruited the hell out of the OL. They have 4-5* all over the place, probably 3 deep.

They are young, but still very good. Gardner has really come on as a QB. The defense is a little suspect, but against Akron it won't show.

The ND defense sucked. They have no secondary to speak of.

Normally I like to see the Zips throw caution to the wind and take some chances in these “money” games. But with both QBs banged up a little, I really want to see a conservative offensive game plan limiting the shots either of these guys has to take. Let’s play as many guys as possible, allow the refs much liberty with the game clock, take the paycheck and get home to compete another day.

While I think Tommy Woodson has potential, I don’t wish to see him pay in 2013. We need to keep either KP16 or NH15 available for the Ragin Cajuns, or the chance of an upset in that one is gone.

Normally I like to see the Zips throw caution to the wind and take some chances in these "money" games. But with both QBs banged up a little, I really want to see a conservative offensive game plan limiting the shots either of these guys has to take. Let's play as many guys as possible, allow the refs much liberty with the game clock, take the paycheck and get home to compete another day.

While I think Tommy Woodson has potential, I don't wish to see him pay in 2013. We need to keep either KP16 or NH15 available for the Ragin Cajuns, or the chance of an upset in that one is gone.

uhhh...nothing against you, but this way of thinking makes my stomach turn a little, even if we have very little shot at beating them.

uhhh...nothing against you, but this way of thinking makes my stomach turn a little, even if we have very little shot at beating them.

Maybe I should have emphasized "NORMALLY I LIKE TO SEE......"

When your top 2 QBs are hobbling (and the drop off to #3 is equivalent to the Grand Canyon), I think it's the smart thing to do IN THIS SITUATION. It's probably the only time I've thought like this regarding the Zips and these types of games.

The ND defense sucked. They have no secondary to speak of.

I'll reserve judgement on the ND defense in this game until the end of the year. They had a tough game on the road at prime time. Tough on any team. The Michigan offensive line hasn't had time to gel yet and it could become a scary good group as the season progresses. A good OL can provide variety to an offense that keeps a good defense on its toes and that might have happened to ND Saturday. We'll know more by the end of the year.