Its Michigan Week

lance99

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bought tickets off of stubhub, but there is a UM fan forum claiming there will be tons of tickets available up to game time for cheap. So if the price of the ticket has you scared, it sounds like it shouldn't.

Went the Stubhub route too. Looked for one in the Zips section but couldn't find anything where Zips fans were put so I "settled" for one for $60 on the 50 yard line five rows from the field. I don't think these are going to be tough tickets.

Aren't Zip fans in section 8? There are 87 tickets in that section starting at $28.

Some of those look new but that is the right section. When I looked with the row numbers I was given I wouldn't have been within 20 rows. Probably should have waited (although I'll bet I can come and find an empty seat). Since we are gtting close to game time, prices have dropped quite a bit too.

I feel like our offense isn't playing as well as we saw last season. While the defense is about the same.
I agree with the offense. I think Dalton got the ball out of his hands quicker. Probably due to the fact of his familiarity with the offense. I think the defense can be better this year. I liked the amount of pressure that the front four was creating in the UCF game. I think it will be interesting to see if they can stop Michigan's run game on early downs. I'm not confident in our secondary right now, but I'm hoping T-Buck got 'em fired up for tomorrow!

"In 1991, my dad took one of his teams up there and won one of the biggest games in Florida State history, the first touchdown of the game was scored by T-Buck on a 40-yard interception."

tbuck.jpg

What is this guy talking about? Are we a donut? Is that worse than a cupcake?

Did Brady Hoke Call Akron A “Glazed Donut” Opponent?

They explained this at the game. Hoke calls any game that starts at noon a "glazed donut" game because of the early start so he bought the students glazed donuts (400 dozen of them).

So happy I made the trip up, so disappointed and yet so proud of that team at the same time. I think it bodes well for the Zips especially with UCF knocking off Penn State. I now think JMU should be happy with how well they hung with the Zips. :) I am very encouraged for next week. Do I see light around a corner?

They explained this at the game. Hoke calls any game that starts at noon a "glazed donut" game because of the early start so he bought the students glazed donuts (400 dozen of them).

So happy I made the trip up, so disappointed and yet so proud of that team at the same time. I think it bodes well for the Zips especially with UCF knocking off Penn State. I now think JMU should be happy with how well they hung with the Zips. :) I am very encouraged for next week. Do I see light around a corner?

If Akron brings the same game next week, they win. If they have a letdown, they lose big.

It is up to the coaches to have the team ready for next week. This should tell us a lot.

If Akron brings the same game next week, they win. If they have a letdown, they lose big.

It is up to the coaches to have the team ready for next week. This should tell us a lot.

I've felt this way before. I remember when we gave Virginia Tech all they could handle in, what, 1995-ish. I thought, "Wow, we shouldn't lose another game the rest of the season." That didn't work out so well. We gave Tennessee all they wanted last year, only to have another 1-11 season.

I see the UA marketing department already advertising tickets to the Louisiana game featuring the 28-24 final score with the tagline "Rising."

Playing Michigan the week after they had just faced Notre Dame was fortunate for us. I'm sure they couldn't help but to have been a little drained the week following that game. I hope our fellas understand clearly that if we don't play this week as well as we played last week, we'll lose on Saturday. Louisiana hung 70 points on the board yesterday. It was against a 1-AA, but still, 70 points. We'd better be ready.

Moving forward. Kyle Pohl really grew up in the 2nd half; excellent half of football.

Our OL generally gave Pohl more than enough time.

Our DL got pressure on Gardner while only rushing 4. I don't think we had to blitz very often. If we can continue to do that the rest of the year we'll be in great shape.

We really stuffed Michigan's run game all afternoon. Without looking at the official stats, I'd think the vast majority of Michigan's rushing yards had to have come from Gardner's scrambles.

That was the DL I was expecting to see against UCF & JMU. Welcome to the party, fellas.

Moving forward. Kyle Pohl really grew up in the 2nd half; excellent half of football. Our OL generally gave Pohl more than enough time.

Our DL got pressure on Gardner while only rushing 4. I don't think we had to blitz very often. That was the DL I was expecting to see against UCF & JMU. Welcome to the party, fellas.

Welled played game by the Zips in a great atmosphere. It amazes me that Pohl has such accuracy 40 yards down the sideline, but seems inconsistent on a skinny post. He needs more practice reps on those, but he played well overall. OL played great except for the last play (cable zero train — a blitz that got lb Beyer to the QB). I'll put together an animated gif breaking down the last play tomorrow. It was actually a well designed play that was going to work. Defensive line played great, UCF's offensive line played better than Michigan's (as I predicted before we played UCF). Michigan is not a very good team, Gardner's running ability covers his inefficiencies as a passer, and a lot of their teams issues. Gardner reminds me of playing Cribs in college. The team should be proud. I'll be interested to listen to coach on his show this week. Did AJ call all plays for that game? If he did, well done. Like others have stated we need to turn this near upset into a positive moving forward.

I hope the one thing the Zips learn from this is you have to play well every week. They have to play that well in front of 100K in Michigan and they have to play that well in front of 10K at some MAC school. Keep playing like that and good things happen. Fall back and the losing starts again.

Get to four wins ASAP.

Thanks. I should be able to take a nice photo from my row. :D
Here you go, sorry it's not better, but some Columbus fans had me concerned about taking my DSLR in. Shouldn't have been concerned at all.

This is just a phone photo turned around in section 8. I was in row 40, so this is 50 rows up.

zipsfansmich.jpg