Rothelsberger injured in cycle accident

Hilltopper

Okay, let me be the first to add the "You got to feel really bad for the guy and what he is going through, despite the karma of it all". From the description of the injury I heard, it REALLY sux to be him right now, and will for some time to come. :(okay, it was said.resume ROFLsberger :rofl:

Sounds like old Ben is gonna be one ugly mother now, but this just proves God hates the browns. KW-2 is wearing a helmet and falls off his bike just trying a wheely or something dumb. Boom, knee is gone and he is done for a whole season. Ben isn't wearing a helmet and smacks his head off the windshield of an on coming car and from the sound of it, he will just look like pinhead.jpgmoral of this story, don't wear a helmet, other wise you'll blow out your knee forever.

Okay, let me be the first to add the "You got to feel really bad for the guy and what he is going through, despite the karma of it all".
This isn't really pointed at you zen, just a general comment on feeling sorry for people. Again, I'm a Steelers fan and I don't feel one bit sorry for the guy. I just can't gather that type of emotion for someone I don't even know. In fact, we should celebrate events such as this because it allows others to see what can happen to you when you behave in a stupid and irresponsible manner thus educating others on the risks associated with being stupid. Save the sympathy for those who deserve it.

I can't feel sorry for a guy that was warned countless times by Cowher to wear a helmet,warned by Terry Bradshaw, pulled aside by Torry Holt, watched KW2 go through his ordeal,read countless articles in the local papers about it and then go out and ride dispite all of that.I hope he gets well, but I can't feel sorry for an ignorant selfish act. He might actually get lucky and learn a lesson the hard way. I feel sorry for his teamates that bust their but and count on him.PS The MAC slant, is that Omar Jacobs might get more snaps in camp now.

I feel sorry for his teamates that bust their but and count on him.
WADR...Why would you feel sorry for those guys? They make millions of dollars a year, they just won the Super Bowl and they get more a$$ than a toilet seat. Sympathy on top of all that seems to be a waste of emotion.

Roethlisberger's injuries only on face, should be ready for openerTuesday, June 13, 2006By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-GazetteThe injuries to quarterback Ben Roethlisberger were confined to his face and the Steelers are confident he should heal and be ready to play in the season opener Sept. 7 against the Miami Dolphins, sources told the Post-Gazette today.Roethlisberger has a broken jaw, a broken nose and some injuries to his teeth but otherwise came through his motorcycle accident on Monday with nothing else but some scrapes and bruises. Published reports that detailed injuries to his knees and shoulders are untrue, sources said.One source said that the surgery on Roethlisberger's face took so long -- seven hours -- in order to assist in a faster recovery time. Roethlisberger also should be ready to participate in training camp, although he may not play in the first preseason game Aug. 12 in Arizona.The quarterback had seven hours of surgery yesterday afternoon and evening to repair facial fractures caused when his motorcycle struck a car on Second Avenue at the 10th Street Bridge.After the surgery, doctors said the facial fractures were successfully repaired but they would not elaborate. They did say that there appear to be no brain, spine, chest or abdomen injuries.

FYI: I saw Charlie Frye yesterday at the golf outing. He looked great. Might have a paper cut on his non-throwing pinky, but other than that he seemed fine. He drove away with his father afterwards in a car.
jajaja! OH noez! A paper cut. Will he be ready for opening day? Call teh plastik surgeonz!

with the browns luck, that paper cut would get infected and his whole arm would have to be amputated. meanwhile Joey Porter gets cut in half by an airplane propeller, but some how is sewn back together and is twice as good as before.
LOL@airplane propeller.As a segway, when discussing ROFLzberger at work today, the question came up, would "bionics" (mechanical prosthetics) be considered illegal in the NFL?