Season Ticket Form

GP1

I received my season ticket renewal notice today for the football team. Only one typographical error this year which should reduce the ten year average to about 2.187 per renewal form. Anyhow, enough nonsense.....There is a section called "New Seating Guidlines for 2006:" and an interesting piece of information is in this section. "Seating in section 4 & 5 is priority reserved seating for donors to the Zips Athletic Club (ZAC) only. Season ticket holders who held seats in these sections will have this requirement waived for he 2006 season only for the number of tickets purchased in 2005." A second piece of interesting information, "All General Admission seating will be on the East side for the Rubber Bowl." Personally, I like both stipulations. The first will produce an influx of much needed chash into the Athletic Department. From some of the posts I see, some of you are pretty cheap and I'm sure the donation will set you off. My advice is that you shouldn't expect a steak at hamburger prices. If you want a big time program, you have to pay for a big time program. I'm pretty much a prick and this first stipulation doesn't bother me at all. It is just the cost of doing something I like to do anyhow. The second stipulatiion doesn't impact me because I buy reserved seats. If you don't like sitting in the sweltering heat, spend an extra couple of dollars per game (and a small donation to the ZAC) and buy reserved seats.Some other good things I notice are the pricing choices. One needed a PhD to understand past ticket options. It's all pretty easy to understand this year.Single game prices are offered, but why are youth tickets (which I assume are general admission) more expensive than Reserved? Something must be wrong. Perhaps a second typo.You are also given the chance to purchase single away game tickets when purchasing your season tickets. Interesting......NC State tickets are only $32 each which is much less than the PSU $55 each. Finally no more trying to figure out what to do the week of a game. Good work UofA.In general, everything looks good. The MAC offers the public a cheap way to see D-1A football games at very affordable prices. There is no excuse for Akron not having good crowds with the season they had last year. The University has earned the right to sell a lot of tickets this year. Make sure you do your part. Copy the form and take it to work and ask your boss if he/she would be willing to purchase tickets for customers or themselves. Every little bit will help.

Just curious to the price of your season tickets? UT's are $164 per seat for six home games. Four home games are $24 per seat and two home games (Kansas and Bowling Green) are $34 per seat.I know Toledo's are near the top of the MAC in terms of ticket price, no necessarily a good thing, but wondered where that compares to Akron's prices.

Just curious to the price of your season tickets? UT's are $164 per seat for six home games. Four home games are $24 per seat and two home games (Kansas and Bowling Green) are $34 per seat.I know Toledo's are near the top of the MAC in terms of ticket price, no necessarily a good thing, but wondered where that compares to Akron's prices.
My tickets are reserved seats and they are $65 per seat and I get two for $130 plus $5 shipping.One thing that stood out to me was the price of a Toledo GA seat on the Single Away Game Prices. They charge $24 per ticket. I wish Akron had the fan base to charge the same.

Just curious to the price of your season tickets?  UT's are $164 per seat for six home games.  Four home games are $24 per seat and two home games (Kansas and Bowling Green) are $34 per seat.I know Toledo's are near the top of the MAC in terms of ticket price, no necessarily a good thing, but wondered where that compares to Akron's prices.
My tickets are reserved seats and they are $65 per seat and I get two for $130 plus $5 shipping.One thing that stood out to me was the price of a Toledo GA seat on the Single Away Game Prices. They charge $24 per ticket. I wish Akron had the fan base to charge the same.
Wow, those are cheap. UT does seem to charge a lot for tickets. I know we charge quite a bit more than Northern Illinois does, and then you get these NIU clowns on the MAC message boards talking about how they have the best attendance in the MAC. Well yeah, if UT's prices were as low as their prices they wouldn't be averaging a couple hundred fans per game more than UT.I believe Miami University offers pretty cheap season ticket prices too, which kind of surprised me since they have been good for so long.

Wow, those are cheap. UT does seem to charge a lot for tickets.
I work in a commodity business so I can tell you that Toledo does not charge too much for tickets. In fact, they probably don't charge enough. They will sell out probably every game this year which means they may have selected too low of a price point. If the only way to buy tickets for a Toledo game is through a scalper, it will be evidence that they have selected too low of a price point.Let's hope some day Akron is at a point where we can be having a debate over a price point being too low.

I went down this morning and bought season tickets, 2 reserved. I am new to season tickets and didn't donate, but was told I was early to buy tickets. Can anyone speculate as to where my season tickets might end up being.(section/gen. area for rows) I am very excited about this year!

I went down this morning and bought season tickets, 2 reserved. I am new to season tickets and didn't donate, but was told I was early to buy tickets. Can anyone speculate as to where my season tickets might end up being.(section/gen. area for rows) I am very excited about this year!
You can buy season tickets at Akron without giving a donation? Wow!

FYI:Here's what I found out about other MAC (and almost MAC) 2006 season ticket prices on school web sites. CMU and EMU made it too hard for me to find what I wanted so I am definately not buying season tickets from them. Prices are general public. Some (e.g., WMU require a donation to get the better (more expensive) seats.School Games AmountBall St. 6 $75 Buff. 5 50-90Can't State 5 50-65Toledo 6 164NIU 6 99Miami 5 75-95WMU 5 75-132Ohio 5 68 (but can buy 2 adult & 2 child for 79 total)BG 5 59-75Temple 4 36-180 (I believe they clear over $360 per game from their $180 tickets)

FYI:Here's what I found out about other MAC (and almost MAC) 2006 season ticket prices on school web sites. CMU and EMU made it too hard for me to find what I wanted so I am definately not buying season tickets from them. Prices are general public. Some (e.g., WMU require a donation to get the better (more expensive) seats.School Games AmountBall St. 6 $75 Buff. 5 50-90Can't State 5 50-65Toledo 6 164NIU 6 99Miami 5 75-95WMU 5 75-132Ohio 5 68 (but can buy 2 adult & 2 child for 79 total)BG 5 59-75Temple 4 36-180 (I believe they clear over $360 per game from their $180 tickets)
That's a lot of good information. I can't believe that some of them are as cheap as $10 per seat per game. That's a great bargain.

Interesting this post started today..... I just happened to order my 2 tickets over the phone today. I opt for general admission because I drag anyone to the game I can and they want to sit near me, not 5 sections away. They typically don't want to pay a lot so the general admission works great for me. Besides, I have sat in the endzone for 11 years now, no reason to start pissing off the old people in the reserved section by moving there and actually making noise during the game and standing up! Our smart@$$ comments are better received by the endzone crowd anyway. One thing that blew my doors off today was when I asked the girl at the ticket office how sales were going. She said they so far had only about 50 orders. Granted each order was for multiple seats, but 50!! If each person got 4 seats, that only 200 tickets!!! COME ON PEOPLE! We won the MAC last season! Hell, I won't even be at most of the home games this year and I still bought them! Because I was one of the first 1500 people to purchase my season tickets, I will be getting 2 cool blankets with my purchase! :thumb: Hope the numbers take off soon, remember, it will cost less to get season tickets to Akron than to attend ONE GAME at Beaver Stadium!

Interesting this post started today..... I just happened to order my 2 tickets over the phone today. I opt for general admission because I drag anyone to the game I can and they want to sit near me, not 5 sections away. They typically don't want to pay a lot so the general admission works great for me. Besides, I have sat in the endzone for 11 years now, no reason to start pissing off the old people in the reserved section by moving there and actually making noise during the game and standing up! Our smart@$$ comments are better received by the endzone crowd anyway. One thing that blew my doors off today was when I asked the girl at the ticket office how sales were going. She said they so far had only about 50 orders. Granted each order was for multiple seats, but 50!! If each person got 4 seats, that only 200 tickets!!! COME ON PEOPLE! We won the MAC last season! Hell, I won't even be at most of the home games this year and I still bought them! Because I was one of the first 1500 people to purchase my season tickets, I will be getting 2 cool blankets with my purchase! :thumb: Hope the numbers take off soon, remember, it will cost less to get season tickets to Akron than to attend ONE GAME at Beaver Stadium!
those are new orders per the ticket office girl today... she told me the same thing and i freaked! she then proceeded to tell me that those are in addition to the renewals that are out. still, that is not excuse, horrible!

Interesting this post started today..... I just happened to order my 2 tickets over the phone today.  I opt for general admission because I drag anyone to the game I can and they want to sit near me, not 5 sections away.  They typically don't want to pay a lot so the general admission works great for me.  Besides, I have sat in the endzone for 11 years now, no reason to start pissing off the old people in the reserved section by moving there and actually making noise during the game and standing up!  Our smart@$$ comments are better received by the endzone crowd anyway.    One thing that blew my doors off today was when I asked the girl at the ticket office how sales were going. She said they so far had only about 50 orders.  Granted each order was for multiple seats, but 50!!  If each person got 4 seats, that only 200 tickets!!! COME ON PEOPLE!  We won the MAC last season!  Hell, I won't even be at most of the home games this year and I still bought them!  Because I was one of the first 1500 people to purchase my season tickets,  I will be getting 2 cool blankets with my purchase! :thumb: Hope the numbers take off soon, remember, it will cost less to get season tickets to Akron than to attend ONE GAME at Beaver Stadium!
those are new orders per the ticket office girl today... she told me the same thing and i freaked! she then proceeded to tell me that those are in addition to the renewals that are out. still, that is not excuse, horrible!
With no marketing campaign to-date, I'm actually surprised there were 50 order? Without a big marketing push, no one in Akron is thinking Zips football in early July. Everyone in the area is used to just showing up @ the bowl and getting freebies. It's been that way for decades. I was disappointed with the ticket application I received today. How does the typo regarding the kid's ticket prices make it to print? $16.00? That's a big screw up. No parking information? It's July and that's still not decided?What are ZAC members? Am I one? What are the donation levels? Yeah I know the info can be found somewhere on GoZips.CSTV.whatever.com but some information should have been included in the application. At least a web link should have been included. On an unrelated note: What is ZAC and acronym for anyhow? Can the new administration change the name to something better? Hell...Zips Boosters is better than ZAC.I saw a "Gold" and "Blue" ticket package. No where in the literature was it described what the difference was.Seats in sections 3 and 4. Hey, that's great...but where are sections 3 and 4? Is the average akron fan supposed to know this? Is it asking too much to include a small stadium seating chart graphic with the ticket application?I don't get it. I thought we had hired pepople to work on tickets full-time now. It seems to me to be the same debacle as usual. I hope someone has a plan to start pimping tickets better between now and September. What I received today isn't going to get us to 15k. 1.5k, maybe.Does the $6.00 kid's ticket price mean Zippy's kid's club is dead? I'm like Zipsrifle. I have season reserved tickets, but I sit in the endzone. I've never even seen my seats.On the positive side:FINALLY they included the media guide in the season ticket options. I like the option to order my NC State tix now.$65.00 for "gold" seats...whatever they are...is a good deal. I'll renew my two and get a $25.00 kids ticket too.I hereby offer my proofreading services to anyone at the University. Send a preview copy of any announcements to GP1 and me and all your problems will be solved. ;)

I hereby offer my proofreading services to anyone at the University. Send a preview copy of any announcements to GP1 and me and all your problems will be solved. ;)
I would be happy to lend my brilliance to the University.We frequently have the option of laughing or crying at the mistakes in the University mailers. Since I'm not Adam Morrison (Fear the Crybaby) in a winnable game with three seconds remaining, I choose to laugh.

Got my order form today at the office. I like the idea of how they are keeping the GA seating on the East side of the stadium BUT have no idea how they will police this. No real changes but the price is much lower than I can remember for a five game season. The new AD worked wonders at El Paso with tickets and I am sure he knows what he is doing here. With a new ticket manager and a new marketing staff plus the success of last year this should be the biggest sales year in the history of Akron football. I will be very disappointed if we do not set an all-time season ticket sales total this year. There is no excuse not to set a record base on the sales from the MACC and the Motor City Bowl turnout from last year.

If the form was done by one of the design interns the university hires, the crap they produce sounds about right. There are a sh*t ton of great designers over at folk, yet the U gives the jobs to the sh*tty ones who suck the most a$$. I suggest lodging a complaint with the sports marketing department. Maybe if enough of the paying customers raise the issue the university will try to raise its attention to detail above that of a 4th grader. I'm surprised that they havn't used the phrase "Akron U" in any of their forms. Maybe they are saving that for the bowl game vouchers, when we walk away with the MAC title again this year.

My buy is an automatic but I expect more from a MAC Championship program.
Mine is automatic too. They could send me a note written by a first grader in crayon saying, 'Dear GP1, Your season tickets are due. Send $135 to the UAW Ticketing Office, JAR Arena, Akron, OH 44325", and I would send the money.If interns did indeed design the form, it's not so much interns designing the form as much as it is the adult supervision that should take place over the form. Back in the late 80s or early 90s, a horrible but popular book was written called The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People (or something), which was nothing more than a feel good book written by a self obsessed baby boomer. The delegation of responsibility is one of the ideas discussed, but the idea of delegator ownership over the results is never discussed. It's really a book about obsessing over process and not results. Ultimately, it's results that matter and not the process involved in making something. Unfortunately, the new AD is going to have to spend valuable time reviewing things like ticket forms until the adults under him show they can properly take ownership of the interns below them.

If interns did indeed design the form, it's not so much interns designing the form as much as it is the adult supervision that should take place over the form.  Back in the late 80s or early 90s, a horrible but popular book was written called The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People (or something), which was nothing more than a feel good book written by a self obsessed baby boomer.  The delegation of responsibility is one of the ideas discussed, but the idea of delegator ownership over the results is never discussed.  It's really a book about obsessing over process and not results.  Ultimately, it's results that matter and not the process involved in making something.  Unfortunately, the new AD is going to have to spend valuable time reviewing things like ticket forms until the adults under him show they can properly take ownership of the interns below them.
:bow: Extremely well put, GP. You giving any seminars on cutting through the BS anytime soon? There's lots of folks that could use it. I'm guessing you're not an HR guy or ISO compliance officer.GP & Balki are skyrocketing on my ZN.O most eloquent posters rankings.

If interns did indeed design the form, it's not so much interns designing the form as much as it is the adult supervision that should take place over the form.  Back in the late 80s or early 90s, a horrible but popular book was written called The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People (or something), which was nothing more than a feel good book written by a self obsessed baby boomer.  The delegation of responsibility is one of the ideas discussed, but the idea of delegator ownership over the results is never discussed.  It's really a book about obsessing over process and not results.  Ultimately, it's results that matter and not the process involved in making something.  Unfortunately, the new AD is going to have to spend valuable time reviewing things like ticket forms until the adults under him show they can properly take ownership of the interns below them.
:bow: Extremely well put, GP. You giving any seminars on cutting through the BS anytime soon? There's lots of folks that could use it. I'm guessing you're not an HR guy or ISO compliance officer.GP & Balki are skyrocketing on my ZN.O most eloquent posters rankings.
I'm just getting in shape for the season. The form just smells of delegation gone bad.As a correction go my original post, the three errors on this form, so far, leave the 10 year average virtually unchanged.