9100 Attendance

a-zip

Thanks for the feedback, Dave. I am aware of some of those rules/tricks on counting ticket sales. I have no idea if we utilized any of that to account for these 8,000 GA tickets that have been distributed for each game to new grads. And maybe more importantly concerning this Friday, do the 8,000 tickets count towards full capacity (whether paid for or not), which limits us to only be able to "sell" another 22,000 to say that we have a "sellout"?

Gotcha Keener.

Here's the sad truth. I know someone who got these Free Tickets, and they gave them to me because they know I go to Zips games. They know they were never going to use them.

But, I am going to use them to re-enter so I can go to the parking lot at halftime for some additional "refreshment" :CK_brew:

I am going to try to get over to my recent alum cousin's house to get his tickets for a little halftime lubrication myself, Skip. :D

• Like 1

Gotcha Keener.

Here's the sad truth. I know someone who got these Free Tickets, and they gave them to me because they know I go to Zips games. They know they were never going to use them.

But, I am going to use them to re-enter so I can go to the parking lot at halftime for some additional "refreshment" :CK_brew:

Did they do this for the Pitt game as well? If that is the case, the $20+k sold already is a fallacy.

ZipGrad01.....they gave TWO GA SEASON tickets to EVERY new graduate, which includes Pitt. I'm just guessing that's about 8,000 tickets per game.

Keener....glad I could help. I actually had not even thought about entering twice until I had those tickets in my hands. I've done it before, but now I am guaranteed that I can get back in without having to sneak into a gate where an attendant is not paying attention, or make another excuse about a "family emergency" ;)

I love how everyone is being really negative about giving tickets away to the recent alums. At least they're trying SOMETHING to engage recent grads and alumni other than sitting on their hands and tweeting #TeamOhio.

Two things they absolutely need to address: Don't have the ZipFest bands playing over our own Band on the field, while they're playing the national anthem and alma mater...and stop the embarrassing "I can't hear you..." after every can cheer/chant. We already get it that there's not a packed stadium there, don't continue making the atmosphere embarrassing.

I think avid fans are just looking for answers to selling 20k if they see 12k in the stands.

I think some people are sensitive to this subject because of the shenanigans Eastern has pulled over the years with attendance figures with their Pepsi deal. The last thing a real Zips fan wants to see is puffed numbers, especially if the puffed numbers are reported by the media as a real attendance increase, even if it is legitimate in the eyes of the NCAA. I'm not trying to start that conversation. It's been talked to death on the MAC board already.

This practice has made Eastern a laughingstock. I don't want to see the Zips go down that same road.

RubberDucks enjoy record attendance.

http://www.ohio.com/sports/rubberducks/rubberducks-enjoying-record-attendance-1.611342

UA Athletics needs to learn from the RubberDucks. I took a group to the RubberDucks game last Friday night & Canal Park was absolutely packed & buzzing. Everyone had a great time. The fireworks following the game were top shelf. My group ticket sales rep, Jeremy, is the most polite and conscientious sales rep I've ever dealt with - always staying in touch without being pushy - quite an art really; follow-up emails inquiring if we had a good time & if they could do anything to improve our experience; RubberDucks employees walking around Canal Park during the 8th inning simply thanking people for supporting the team.

Good grief. I could go on and on. Get with it, UA.

It's fun to go.

They have crazy foods in the menus, stuff for the kids to do, something going on all the time.

If they can make baseball fun in today's ADHD world, the Zips can learn a lot from them.

We won't be able to count on that large contingent coming over from Pittsburgh this week, for sure.

I actually felt sick when my friend standing there with me thought that the Pitt fans might have been a larger and more vocal presence than our own fans, even early in the game when it was close.

Considering the opponent, 10,000 actually showing up would be very optimistic, I would think.

Skip, did you get the extra tickets from your friend for last week's game? I was going to get a pair from my cousin, but last minute he reneged on me. He thought that only 1 set of tickets was redeemable and the rest are voided after any are used. Have you heard this? He wants to use a pair for the Ohio game so he snatched back the Pitt tickets he was going to give me. Pretty selfish if you ask me.

Keener, That's strange. I have a package of 12 tickets marked GA. Two for each game. I don/t know how or why they'd be able to deactivate all of the rest of the tickets after any of them are used.

Can you imagine someone walking up to the gate with one of those tickets, and the attendant tells them that It's not a good ticket? Talk about a nightmare PR problem !!

By the way, I never got to use them anyway. I stood in the concourse for the entire halftime. NO way was I going to venture back out to the parking lot in that downpour.

Hmmm. Maybe cuz iz wrong. He told me his tickets are all GA but they are designated for 2 specific seats. He thought once those seats were scanned in the rest of the remaining tickets were deactivated. I will quiz him more about them.