Game #5 Eastern Michigan

ZachTheZip

I know nothing about EMU. They are so bad, I'm in denial they are even in the MAC.

When I know very little in sports, I turn to stats.

The very first thing I look at with an opponent is the QB, then I game plan from there. When you look up the MAC QB leaders, they don't even have one that qualifies. It would seem pretty hard to "fear" their passing game.

mac_qb.png

EMU seems to play two QB's. When you have two, you obviously don't have a good one. The senior (Rob Bolden) has 0, 5, 7, and 29 attempts in four games. The sophomore (Brogan Roback) has 14, 10 17 and 0 attempts. So he either got pulled or hurt.

I almost cared to look it up, but discovered the below rankings and decided to stop, because it doesn't matter. EMU should get POUNDED Saturday. Coach Amato should have his boyz in attack mode. Should be a nice stat padding day. I stated early that I was surprised by the 21 point spread. I am no longer surprised after reading the rankings.

emu.png

When you are third form the bottom in these stats, spells doom for Eastern.

I thought that the spread was high, now its justified.

37-7 Zips

Eastern has some big lineman both on offense and defense. It also seems they have a smaller number of letterman on their squad. I have to wonder if their new coach had to clean house and they may be down on numbers this year. So far their schedule has been very tough which explains some of the stats. Chances are we will win convincingly in this one as the Eagles barely got by Morgan State, but this team could get up and be competitive on Saturday if things click their way.

I've learned never to take anything for granted as a Zips fan (any sport), but I just don't see much of a let down this week:

Zips 38

Hureagles 10

Cody Grice mentioned something interesting when he was interviewed by Joe Dunn and Tom Linder this week on Big Time Sports (1350 am). He said when he goes into play fullback, the O-Line becomes extremely stoked. I think we'll see another 1 or 2 more rushing TDs coming from this package and, perhaps further down the line, some play action off of it to find a tight end in the end zone.

At some point after defenses start loading up to stop Grice, he'll be used as a decoy to set up a QB rollout and TD run or a short TD pass to an open receiver.

There is absolutely no reason to use Cody Grice as a decoy.

cpnq2.jpg

:gun:

When I saw Eastern against Morgan State Eastern started a freshman at qb. #10 Bell, he was terrible. One particular ball he threw away while being tackled was such a poor decision he was yanked immediately and he was never seen again that evening. Hopefully this picture comes through, their starter that night is in the picture. As you can see the field is a little different at eastern this year. Be glad you don't have to sit and watch a game played on that.

post-6658-0-90367500-1412367360_thumb.jp