Bowl Watch 2014-2015

UAZip0510

Staton would you be able to put up (or even email me personally) the 28 teams fighting for bowl eligibility? I wanna follow it myself

The 28 teams are:

• With 5 wins: Houston, Temple, Oklahoma St, Michigan, Middle Tenn St, UAB, Ohio, SDSU, Stanford, Cal, Florida, Kentucky, Virginia Tech, Western Kentucky, South Carolina, Navy, Tennessee, Arkansas, Oregon St, and Akron.
  • With 4 wins: South Florida, Pitt, Virginia, Northwestern, Illinois, Fresno St, and Wyoming.
  • Washington has 6 wins but plays 13 games so they need 7.

Georgia Southern has 8 wins but are in transition to FBS so they can only make a bowl if not enough teams are eligible.

Same applies to App St who has 5 wins and Old Dominion who has 4. Those three teams don't really matter because if we get to six wins, we have to receive a bid before them according to the NCAA regulations.

• Like 1

"Although Can't State has long been ineligible for postseason play, the Bulls sit two wins shy of bowl eligibility with two games left on the schedule. If Buffalo wins its final two games, it can go to a bowl game and fill a bowl spot for the MAC."

"(NOTE: Buffalo has two wins over FCS teams, so the normal protocol would be for Buffalo to win seven games to become bowl eligible. However, at six wins Buffalo could apply for a waiver and hope it is approved to play in a bowl game)"

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/19/maction-given-a-snow-day-as-weather-postpones-buffalo-Can't-state/related/

made a little spreadsheet that should have the most up to date results.

but I guess I cant paste a table nor insert one. By my count, there are currently 23 teams (incl Buffalo) fighting for 9 spots.

SDSU, WKU, and South Carolina have clinched.

Stanford or Cal is guaranteed.

The winner of Illinois/Northwestern is guaranteed, and the loser is eliminated.

I also have Florida (against EKU), VT (against Wake and Virginia), and Navy (south Al. and Army) as "most likely yes".

I have Ok St against Baylor and Oklahoma "most likely not" as well against Kentucky (vs. Louisville).

Looking ahead with these conservative predictions thrown in, we are looking at 18 teams fight for 6 spots.

made a little spreadsheet that should have the most up to date results.

but I guess I cant paste a table nor insert one. By my count, there are currently 23 teams (incl Buffalo) fighting for 9 spots.

SDSU, WKU, and South Carolina have clinched.

Stanford or Cal is guaranteed.

The winner of Illinois/Northwestern is guaranteed, and the loser is eliminated.

Buffalo can't qualify, they have 4 wins and only one game left.

Primary:

GoDaddy

Idaho Potato

Bahamas

Boca Raton

Camelia

3 back-up tie-ins

Alternate:

Quick-Lane bowl - Primary - B1G and ACC - ACC has 11 bowl and 9 programs eligible.8 assuming FSU makes the tournament. 3 programs still fighting for eligibility. Chances are one makes it, but possible none. I count 10 potential bowl tie-ins for the B1G. They currently have 9 eligible, with 1 more guaranteed(IL/NW), and potentially another in Michigan. OSU makes the tournament, that leaves 9 programs looking at 10 bowl games. If Michigan beats Maryland fill that last spot.

Poinsettia Bowl - Navy vs MWC. Navy should be eligible, and I say below that MWC has enough program eligible.

New Mexico Bowl- MWC and C-USA- 6 MWC ties ins.Currently 6 MWC bowl eligible programs. There are 5 C-USA bowl ties ins. There are currently 4 bowl-eligible programs. Marhshall will go to a BCS bowl. That leaves 3 programs.MTSU and UAB are fighting for eligibility. UAB has Southern Miss next week. MTSU still has FAU and UTEP. Chances are both of those become eligible to fill all 5 spots.

Or

St. Petersburg Bowl - AAC and ACC - I go over the AAC tie ins and eligible programs below. I count 11 ACC bowls. Currently 9 eligible ACC programs, and assuming FSU makes the tournament, they have currently have 8 programs to fill 11 bowls.

Or

Birmingham bowl - AAC and SEC. I count 5 AAC bowl tie-ins and 5 bowl eligible programs right now. I count 10 SEC bowl tie-ins. I count 10 current bowl eligible SEC programs. Assume one of them makes it to the tournament, that leaves 9 programs for 10 games, however Tenn, Kentucky, and Arkansas avoid becoming bowl eligible. Arkansas is winning 17-0 over Ole Miss at the moment.

I spent way too much time looking at this today, but to me it seems we need to be paying close attention to the ACC. Specifically, Florida State, VT, Virginia, and Pitt. Root for Miami the next two weeks,root for FSU, and root for Virginia over VT. The QuickLane bowl looks like a possibility as an alternate game as well as the St Petersburg bowl. The Birmingham bowl could happen, but it seems unlikely, to me anyways, that Arkansas, Kentucky, and Tenn. finish the season without a win. That is, unless there is something really off with my methodology.