2015 Season Predictions/discussion

Balsy

Does this somehow relate to the Zips or am I missing something?

Hence the "This is a little off topic" statement that was part of that comment. But there was a HUGE conversation on this forum about weekday games...considering the Defending National Champion is going to have a weekday game this year, I thought it pertained to the conversation about the 2015 season.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't say anything about winning. Just that they'd never come and I'd like the chance to see them in person. It is one of the primary problems in CFB. Schools like that act like they are somehow entitled. It should be a level playing field (maybe not in terms of talent but at least as far as rules and scheduling go) for all schools but never will be.

• 1 month later...

I don't gamble, but it's not like Oklahoma is coming off of a great year. Truthfully, almost any team can win any game. It all is matter of things coming together for us. We played PSU tough and beat Pitt. Tough to say we have no chance. I believe our defense can keep up, it will be a matter of how far along the O-Line has come to give our run game a chance.

Blast from the past. One of the biggest upsets in college football history.

Oklahoma had won the national championship the year before, and were on a 37-game winning streak, ranked at #2 in the country. They were much better than the Jayhawks, a team who hadn't won too many games for the 10 years prior, and hadn't beaten Oklahoma in over 11 years. Needless to say, they were unranked. The roles were seemingly reversed on this day, however. Oklahoma turned the ball over EIGHT TIMES. That is a lot of times. Kansas hopped on their opportunities and ran away with the game. Oklahoma still managed to take home their second consecutive national championship that year, but lost to Kansas State 23-3.

Probable? Nah. Possible? Sure. We do have some history of playing tough away (Michigan/Pitt) early in the year under coach Bowden.

I'm still kicking around the idea of going.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I stopped reading when I got to this sentence about Buffalo's new head coach.

As an aside, Leipold's best hire is wide receivers coach and recruiting coordinator Rob Ianello, who quite easily ranks as one of the premier recruiters in all of college football.

All I would like to say is we have a great group of young men that are hungry and ready to play I know my son is and the young men that come to the house are to and I plan on attending all the games I can to cheer them on and the more fans that attend the better for the boys

• Like 4