Zips vs Buffalo 3-14-15 (MAC Tourney Rnd 4)

Hilltopper

It really depends on how tickets are distributed. The past two games, Zips fans might have noticed the group of noisy students and recent alumni that suddenly showed up in the empty corner section next to the two official Zips fan sections. Sharp-eyed fans might have noticed that that group originally was up in the furthest reaches of the arena in an upper corner before both games. This is where the athletics department bought tickets for the AK Rowdies. The furthest possible location, to make the least possible impact. After getting to their seats, and looking down on all the empty sections, they moved down on their own once the ushers stopped guarding the stairways.

If there are more fans at the game, there is less of a chance for some of the loudest Zip fans to sit where anybody can hear them, since there won't be open seats and the Rowdies will have to sit where athletics wants them.

I bet you're don't believe that man walked on the moon and that Martians abducted the airliner that went missing last year?

I bet you're don't believe that man walked on the moon and that Martians abducted the airliner that went missing last yepar?

I don't think that post was even the slightest bit of a conspiracy theory. It is 100% true that the university bought lousy (cheap) seats for the students. As soon as they had a chance, the students moved down next to the other Akron fans.

I don't think that post was even the slightest bit of a conspiracy theory. It is 100% true that the university bought lousy (cheap) seats for the students. As soon as they had a chance, the students moved down next to the other Akron fans.

It may be true that they went the cheap route and bought crappy seats but he implied they wanted the students to not be heard

It really depends on how tickets are distributed. The past two games, Zips fans might have noticed the group of noisy students and recent alumni that suddenly showed up in the empty corner section next to the two official Zips fan sections. Sharp-eyed fans might have noticed that that group originally was up in the furthest reaches of the arena in an upper corner before both games. This is where the athletics department bought tickets for the AK Rowdies. The furthest possible location, to make the least possible impact. After getting to their seats, and looking down on all the empty sections, they moved down on their own once the ushers stopped guarding the stairways.

If there are more fans at the game, there is less of a chance for some of the loudest Zip fans to sit where anybody can hear them, since there won't be open seats and the Rowdies will have to sit where athletics wants them.

I don't mean this as snark, so please don't take it that way, but I didn't even notice the Rowdies there all game (and I was close) until we won.