Zips vs Buffalo 3-14-15 (MAC Tourney Rnd 4)

Hilltopper

Disappointed by the loss, but great effort by the Zips. Passionate and never gave up. Season could have been a lot more disappointing given the circumstances. Looking forward to watching the freshman and sophomores develop and expecting a huge senior season from Pat.

Deji and Nyles- You both had a very nice senior season. Thank you for how you represented the program and good luck to you.

• Like 1

Excellent run. I might be more proud of this Zips team than any other since I've been following Akron basketball. What character! Lots of adversity this year & they never gave up & never got blown out.

Thank you Deji & Nyles. Well done! Proud of you guys!

Let's have some fun in a post-season tourney.

Oh, ok, thanks for setting me straight. I mistakingly typed hopefully.

Don't take it so personal. Wasn't intended to be. Just saying there is really not a chance of getting invited. Toledo didn't get an invite. No reason to think we would.

Coach Dambrot said he'd talk it over the team but he's thinking probably no tournament. They've just played a bunch of games in a few days. Pat was hurting at the end of this one. Antino is exhausted. He also said that the Zips program has reached a point where the CBI and CIT just aren't too exciting. I'm thinking that with all that went wrong this season maybe it's best to just end it now and start thinking about next season.