38 minutes ago, Tiger for Life 88 said:

Local article on Akron OL commit Hunter Corne 

Good article. Great that Davonte Jest helped to convince Hunter to chose Akron.

35 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

I think it requires a subscription to read :/

Just click on the link, I read it and I don't have a subscription 

On 1/20/2017 at 8:24 AM, Captain Kangaroo said:

McDonald HS had 480 kids the year I graduated. And that was 7th - 12 grade (we didn't have a middle school). 

2,400 kids? Holy moley...

My HS (Medina High School) had 2400 kids, 9-12, smaller than that always made my head spin.  :lol:  

3 hours ago, Bigmexicanwoman said:

Any viewpoints if Woodson should be concerned??  I know AJ was probably itching to give Nelson a shot toward the end of the season.  Smart move though to keep him redshirted.  But this crop of QB recruits opens a lot of possibilities.

Personally, I would be shocked if Woodson wasn't viewed by all as the firmly entrenched incumbent.  And he should be; he's earned that.

But I do hope Woodson feels pushed.  Competition is good for everyone (my belief in the free market system rears it's head).

I'm very happy (relieved, actually) at the depth of talent at the QB position for the upcoming year, and beyond.  

Lack of depth at the QB position utterly derailed our season this past year.

Edited by Blue & Gold

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

I'm very happy (relieved, actually) at the depth of talent at the QB position for the upcoming year, and beyond.  

We added bodies certainly to the position, but its still to be seen if they can play at the FBS level or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

Personally, I would be shocked if Woodson wasn't viewed by all as the firmly entrenched incumbent.  And he should be; he's earned that.

But I do hope Woodson feels pushed.  Competition is good for everyone (my belief in the free market system rears it's head).

I think if he is 100% healthy, again, this is true, although, Bowden will likely portray it as an open competition. You will be able to tell by the # of reps given to each at the spring game. I think we will have 3 QBs who are game ready in September.

6 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

We added bodies certainly to the position, but its still to be seen if they can play at the FBS level or not.

This is key.

On 1/23/2017 at 6:24 PM, zipsoutsider said:

I think if he is 100% healthy, again, this is true, although, Bowden will likely portray it as an open competition. You will be able to tell by the # of reps given to each at the spring game. I think we will have 3 QBs who are game ready in September.

This is key.

I hope Bowden rethinks the yearly buzzword away from "audacity" to more on the lines of "consistency," "discipline," and "integrity."  Smart players play smart ball.

12 hours ago, Bigmexicanwoman said:

I hope Bowden rethinks the yearly buzzword away from "audacity" to more on the lines of "consistency," "discipline," and "integrity."  Smart players play smart ball.

We actually showed a tremendous amount of improvement in this area. Penalties decreased, significantly over the course of the season. Younger players make more mistakes. We played a lot of less experienced players this year on the OL and defense.

Top-left picture, from left-to-right, regardless of row:

Dusty Burkhart

DeAndre Brimage

Marcus Kidd

Marquise Callaway

Jemarulin Suggs

Alex Ramart

Malik Woodridge

Tracy Jordan

Zuriel Sanders (most likely a PWO)

Kobe Booker

Justin Sampson

Jonah Wieland (not yet committed)

Anyone know who #3 & #5 are?  (I've got the day off. Lol)

P.s. #5 doesn't look like Marquise Bridges.  Plus, Marquise had a basketball game that evening so he probably didn't visit last Saturday.