College Sports Madness ranks Akron #82

ZachTheZip

I would love to see a couple of the new kids give us consistent offensive production in 2016-17. You never knew what you were going to get with Kretzer, Forsythe and McAdams.

It's been a long time since we've had so many question marks, and needed to bank on so many new/unproven commodities for major minutes. 

Utomi...who knows anything about what he can do at the D1 level? Eubanks? I don't know squat about his game. Ivey? Hope he worked on his shot and ballhandling over the summer. Olojakpoke? Don't know squat about him. Dunn-Martin? Who knows how his game will translate to D1 hoops? Big Mike? Who knows? Can Aaron Jackson stay healthy? Can Kwan do anything consistently besides defend the rim?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

My only gripe is I feel we should be rated higher than Buffalo, especially after they lost Bearden.

I think you have an argument, but Buffalo now has the reputation on their side.  Two straight MAC tourney titles, and people outside the MAC now recognize them as "the program" in our league, like it or not.   It sucks because we beat them them on the road, and handily at home last season, and that's going to be totally forgotten by those people because Buffalo won the game that had the big prize.  

5 hours ago, ZippyRulz said:

Consider it like an RPI rating .... meaningless.

See my answer above.  If they have this notoriety outside of MAC circles, it might just mean quite a bit if they are sitting there in March with a good record and no tournament title.

From the article:  "Ty Dalton is another big guard who can score in bunches and Marquelle McIntyre and Peter Agba figure to add emergency depth to the perimeter."

I would feel better about the author's knowledge if he knew who our players are?  Never heard of the first two.  The third is in New York.  Anybody heard of McIntyre or Dalton?

28 minutes ago, Z.I.P. said:

From the article:  "Ty Dalton is another big guard who can score in bunches and Marquelle McIntyre and Peter Agba figure to add emergency depth to the perimeter."

I would feel better about the author's knowledge if he knew who our players are?  Never heard of the first two.  The third is in New York.  Anybody heard of McIntyre or Dalton?

I'm never surprised by their lack of actual knowledge.  I've always believed that these guys look at the prior year's results, incoming/outgoing players, and make a guess as to who might be the best.  I don't think they look into much beyond that.  

• 1 month later...