Three For Thursday [Zips @Ball State]

Dr Z

Ball State Questions  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the game?

• Akron Zips
    • Ball State Cardinals
  2. 2. How many yards will the Cardinals rush for?

3. 3. How many points will the Zips score?

This poll is closed to new votes

Odds Shark score prediction models pick a 23-15 result in favor of the Zips on Saturday.

Odds Shark Power Rankings have the Ball State Cardinals at No. 113 and the Akron Zips at No. 63 heading into this contest.

The game pits Ball State's No. 69-ranked offense, averaging 28.43 PPG, against a Akron defense that ranks No. 109 this week at 34.57 PPG. The Ball State aerial game is averaging 217.57 yards per game, less than the Akron Zips secondary allows through the air, 280.43 YPG per game. Defensively, the Akron Zips feature the league's No. 66-rated road run defense, allowing 182 yards per game. Ball State, meanwhile, ranks No. 81 in rushing offense at home.

I took the 'offensive shootout' options, with the Zips ultimately winning.  I believe that Bowden keeps the team focused well enough to bounce back from last week, but they don't have the defensive personnel to stop Ball State's run game.  I see Akron winning with some good clock management and coaching - being dominated in time of possession but trading a few BSU FGs for Zips TDs that ultimately keep them on top.

19 hours ago, Aaron said:

I took the 'offensive shootout' options, with the Zips ultimately winning.  I believe that Bowden keeps the team focused well enough to bounce back from last week, but they don't have the defensive personnel to stop Ball State's run game.  I see Akron winning with some good clock management and coaching - being dominated in time of possession but trading a few BSU FGs for Zips TDs that ultimately keep them on top.

I agree with this.  I think that Akron's defense won't be good, but it'll be enough to get things done.  All the defense needs to do is to come up with one or two stops that allows the offense to take a lead and hold onto it. 

• Like 1

Zips win, score 35, and hold the Cardinals to 256 yards rushing.

Congratulations to kreed5120, gmann17, zipsoutsider, Zip-Zap, LZip, Zipmlady, gozips19 and Ham, who answered all three correctly. :thumb:

Because of the game Thursday, Three for Thursday™ will start on Tuesday this week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr Z said:

Zips win, score 35, and hold the Cardinals to 256 yards rushing.

Congratulations to kreed5120, gmann17, zipsoutsider, Zip-Zap, LZip, Zipmlady, gozips19 and Ham, who answered all three correctly. :thumb:

Because of the game Thursday, Three for Thursday™ will start on Tuesday this week.

Go me...

I did not predict though that a school named BALL St would have fans that got mad about our team properly saluting then.

• Like 1