Game 7—@Western Michigan

zipsoutsider

6 minutes ago, Zipgrad01 said:

If we beat Toledo next week then we really have something going on. 

I'm just so happy because this was the first game this year where we got a result that was really unexpected, and it was in our favor.  

Sitting all alone at the top of the standings is pretty unexpected too.  

I'll enjoy this for a week.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

I'm just so happy because this was the first game this year where we got a result that was really unexpected, and it was in our favor.  

Sitting all alone at the top of the standings is pretty unexpected too.  

I'll enjoy this for a week.  

I can't really say that unexpected. I thought we had a chance in this game. I had watched western twice this year. 

16 minutes ago, Zipgrad01 said:

I can't really say that unexpected. I thought we had a chance in this game. I had watched western twice this year. 

You always have a chance.  But allowing 13 points from a team that scores 41 per game, and winning only scoring 14 against that team, isn't something anyone here could have predicted. 

10 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

You always have a chance.  But allowing 13 points from a team that scores 41 per game, and winning only scoring 14 against that team, isn't something anyone here could have predicted. 

I certainly did not foresee the D holding them to 13.  The defensive staff deserves a lot of credit for having the kids ready to play and they sure did show a lot of heart.  The stats were not pretty but stats are for losers.  Hooray for Coach Amato and staff.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, K92 said:

I certainly did not foresee the D holding them to 13.  The defensive staff deserves a lot of credit for having the kids ready to play and they sure did show a lot of heart.  The stats were not pretty but stats are for losers.  Hooray for Coach Amato and staff.

Let's be honest... Amato has earned his paycheck with his time at UA. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, K92 said:

The defensive staff deserves a lot of credit for having the kids ready to play

Especially with all of the other crap that happened.  Getting ready to play yesterday, then getting bused back out to 2 different cities to find hotels, then returning to Kalamazoo again this morning and repeating everything all over again.  

Edited by skip-zip
  • Like 1

Listening to the post-game show on WARF, they made it sound like TB could have said the team could not stay until Sunday but that TB was adamant that he wanted to play this game. Hat's off to everyone who made it possible for the team to stay and pull of this major win. There had to be a ton of logistics that made this possible.

Edited by zipsoutsider
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, zipsoutsider said:

Listening to the post-game show on WARF, they made it sound like TB could have said the team could not stay until Sunday but that TB was adamant that he wanted to play this game. Hat's off to everyone who made it possible for the team to stay and pull of this major win. There had to be a ton of logistics that made this possible.

Why would he not stay and play? No way was this game getting cancelled. There is no way to make it up. You are such a drama queen for this dude trying to make it sound like he did something special to stay and play this game. 

29 minutes ago, zipsoutsider said:

What does that even mean?  That we considered forfeiting this game?

3 hours ago, NWAkron said:

Who is this Milwee person everyone wants fired?

The Offensive Coordinator.

2 hours ago, Zipgrad01 said:

Lol... it is a nice win, but let's not go crazy. If we beat Toledo next week then we really have something going on. 

I mean, yes let's beat Toledo next week.  But even if we don't, this win is still great.  I seem to remember a few members here saying "Our Recruiting sucks" ..."look how awesome WMU is even without Peck!"  And somehow we found a way with our "talentless team" to not only go toe-to-toe with them...but to beat them.

22 minutes ago, Zipgrad01 said:

Why would he not stay and play? No way was this game getting cancelled. There is no way to make it up. You are such a drama queen for this dude trying to make it sound like he did something special to stay and play this game. 

4 minutes ago, K92 said:

What does that even mean?  That we considered forfeiting this game?

Seriously guys?  They cancel games because of the weather a few times every year and DO NOT make them up.  Remember Kent and Buffalo a couple of years ago?  It's not like this was a lightning delay only...the whole darn field flooded!  And there was a chance of storms today.  It would be chalked up as a "non-played" game and both teams would simply have 11 games that season.  It's not that hard to understand.

It absolutely kills you to hear anything good about Bowden.  Ever...:rofl:

5 minutes ago, Balsy said:

I mean, yes let's beat Toledo next week.  But even if we don't, this win is still great.  I seem to remember a few members here saying "Our Recruiting sucks" ..."look how awesome WMU is even without Peck!"  And somehow we found a way with our "talentless team" to not only go toe-to-toe with them...but to beat them.

Seriously guys?  They cancel games because of the weather a few times every year and DO NOT make them up.  Remember Kent and Buffalo a couple of years ago?  It's not like this was a lightning delay only...the whole darn field flooded!  And there was a chance of storms today.  It would be chalked up as a "non-played" game and both teams would simply have 11 games that season.  It's not that hard to understand.

First off... nobody said this was a bad win.

Secondly... we weren't even the home team. Western had just as much stake in playing this game as we did. 

3rd..What on earth are you even talking about?? What does this have to do with Bowden? 

6 minutes ago, Balsy said:

What you said and what that other dildo said are not the same things.

But since you brought it up, could you please enlighten us as to the protocol by which decisions about game cancellations proceed and what Terry Bowden’s role in said protocol is.

9 minutes ago, K92 said:

What you said and what that other dildo said are not the same things.

But since you brought it up, could you please enlighten us as to the protocol by which decisions about game cancellations proceed and what Terry Bowden’s role in said protocol is.

?? Mandingo at that