2017 Race To Detroit

Balsy

I know I'm one of the less grumpier folks on this board; but I'm pretty excited at the thought of Ramart/Kato throwing to MTB/Stewart/Williams/McGriff/Kwad/Hooks/Booker next season or one of them handing it off to Sands/Suggs/White behind our seasoned O-Line. We seem to have some weapons coming up. Nobody can deny that we are lacking them this season. Yes somebody is to blame for that. Is the blame big enough for them to be fired even if the Zips quite possibly have their 3rd best or better season this year? I suppose time will tell.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

So your main complaint is that you don't find it fun to watch? I was hoping for a better breakdown, Keener. Did you miss the part of my post where I stated what the offense did during the 2016 OOC when we had an actual solid MAC QB throwing to solid MAC WRs? Would you prefer the Zips of now or the Zips of 2012? I enjoy watching a winning program.

Hey man, I don’t know what to tell ya.  I have made probably over 100 posts critiquing the offense.  You want to call me out for the one post about entertainment value?  Ok.  You win.

If you like your offense, you can keep your offense.

As for me, I am checked into my hotel and Black Cloister is 5 miles away.  Cheers!  Beat Turdledo!

2 hours ago, LZIp said:

I know I'm one of the less grumpier folks on this board; but I'm pretty excited at the thought of Ramart/Kato throwing to MTB/Stewart/Williams/McGriff/Kwad/Hooks/Booker next season or one of them handing it off to Sands/Suggs/White behind our seasoned O-Line. We seem to have some weapons coming up. Nobody can deny that we are lacking them this season. Yes somebody is to blame for that. Is the blame big enough for them to be fired even if the Zips quite possibly have their 3rd best or better season this year? I suppose time will tell.

Who cares if we are winning games? If we can hire someone to upgrade our offense do it today. To say otherwise is idiotic. 

1 hour ago, Zipgrad01 said:

Who cares if we are winning games? If we can hire someone to upgrade our offense do it today. To say otherwise is idiotic. 

Who cares if we are winning games!?! Isn't that the ultimate goal here!?!

We don't have the personnel currently to have some Toledo-like offense you and your buddy are dreaming of. To think otherwise is idiotic.

ive used factual data to show Millwee can have the "MACtion" offense with the right personnel, but it's been conveniently ignored multiple times now.

bitching just to bitch is all this is.

Edited by LZIp
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, LZIp said:

Who cares if we are winning games!?! Isn't that the ultimate goal here!?!

We don't have the personnel currently to have some Toledo-like offense you and your buddy are dreaming of. To think otherwise is idiotic.

ive used factual data to show Millwee can have the "MACtion" offense with the right personnel, but it's been conveniently ignored multiple times now.

bitching just to bitch is all this is.

I had to laugh that "bitchoutsider" ... I mean zipoutsider liked this 

After that first season maybe Amato had a heart-to-heart w/ Terry & told him the hyper-hurry-up-throw-it-all-over-the-field offense (which I loved & which was a lot of fun to watch) didn't give his defense enough time to rest?  Maybe to go back to that style offense would require more defensive depth?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

After that first season maybe Amato had a heart-to-heart w/ Terry & told him the hyper-hurry-up-throw-it-all-over-the-field offense (which I loved & which was a lot of fun to watch) didn't give his defense enough time to rest?  Maybe to go back to that style offense would require more defensive depth?

Interesting theory

Miami took out Buffalo so the Zips Ohio and Miami are the only teams that can win the East without help now. Miami's fate will pretty much be decided in the next two weeks as they face Ohio and Akron. There is no reason these Zips should not win this division.

11 minutes ago, MDZip said:

Miami took out Buffalo so the Zips Ohio and Miami are the only teams that can win the East without help now. Miami's fate will pretty much be decided in the next two weeks as they face Ohio and Akron. There is no reason these Zips should not win this division.

I agree, the East is very winnable for the Zips this year, GO ZIPS, go to the ? 

6 hours ago, MDZip said:

Zips currently projected to be in the Bahamas Bowl according to ESPN. I'd take that. http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21110727/week-8-college-football-bowl-projections-2017

The Bahamas!? Really. Seeing the Crowd for the EMU Game last year(maybe 5k) I have no desire, Hawai'i on the other hand.........

15 hours ago, MDZip said:

Zips currently projected to be in the Bahamas Bowl according to ESPN. I'd take that. http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21110727/week-8-college-football-bowl-projections-2017

8 hours ago, lance99 said:

The Bahamas!? Really. Seeing the Crowd for the EMU Game last year(maybe 5k) I have no desire, Hawai'i on the other hand.........

I would like to redirect you guys to the 2017 Bowl Watch thread.  I know it's confusing but I separated them into two separate topics.  :D

Now for an update on the standings.  There is absolutely no excuse for why Akron can't come away with 3 more wins.  And the MAC East looks like it's going to come down to Akron vs. Ohio, as we all expected.  We'll see how tough Miami is up against Ohio this weekend.  Go Redhawks, hopefully they can show just enough to make Ohio stumble. Ohio Still has Toledo on the docket, which should be the measuring stick leading up to our game with them.

Looks like EMU is back in the cellar unfortunately.  

East Division

3-1 Akron (4-4); , Buffalo, Miami, Ohio, Kent

3-1 Ohio (6-2);  Miami, Toledo, Akron, Buffalo

2-2 Miami (3-5); Buffalo, Ohio, Akron, EMU, Ball St.

1-3 Buffalo (3-5); Akron, BGSU, Ball St, Ohio

1-3 Kent (2-6); BGSU, WMU, CMU, Akron

1-3 BGSU (1-7); NIU, Kent, Buffalo, Toledo, EMU

West Division

3-0 Toledo (6-1); Ball St, NIU, Ohio, BGSU, WMU

3-0 N. Illinois (5-2); EMU, Toledo, Ball St, WMU, CMU

3-1 W. Michigan (5-3);  CMU, Kent, NIU, Toledo

2-2 C. Michigan (4-3); WMU, EMU, Kent, NIU

0-3 E. Michigan (2-4);  NIU, Ball St, CMU, Miami, BGSU

0-3 Ball State (2-5);   EMU, NIU, Buffalo, Miami

Edited by Balsy

17 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

WTH? Feel free to go back to your Iowa State board with crap like this.

The Buffalo QB of which I speak is my nephew from Stow, OH! 

Aren't you taking notes on my previous posts?  There aren't that many Iowa State fans with in-laws in northeast Ohio posting on this board.  :thumb:

2 hours ago, Cykron said:

The Buffalo QB of which I speak is my nephew from Stow, OH! 

Aren't you taking notes on my previous posts?  There aren't that many Iowa State fans with in-laws in northeast Ohio posting on this board.  :thumb:

And no one cares...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1