Freshman

dude43

The current status of the freshmen is as follows.Chris McKnight is clearly the best incoming freshman. He has the tools and athleticability to spell Romeo Travis at the power forward. Look for Chris to get more and moreplaying time as the season progresses. His biggest obstacle is learning the system.Steve McNees is way behind on conditioning, but closing fast. Steve has been putting inextra time working on his shooting after practice. He has a bit of catching up to do.I am not sure if he qualifies as the fourth guard at this point. If not, he is gainingground and should be the fourth guard by the first road game (Arkansas-Little Rock).Mike Bardo once called a "project" is making great strides in being able to contributea lot this season. Like McNees, Bardo is working overtime honing his skills. Mike isgetting a lot of drills "in the paint" from the coaches. His size and bulk will be neededto counter several opponents who have real honest to goodness big men in the post.Tim Carroll who I mistakenly referred to as John Cannon is clearly the best of the walk-ons. At six-five and a solid athlete's body Tim could well press for time at thesmall forward. Last note: Coach Dambrot made it a point to show me that Jeremiah Wood is not "puffy".Wood was bare chested in post practice shoot around. He is solid. I admit I was wrong.

Mike Bardo once called a "project" is making great strides ... His size and bulk will be neededto counter several opponents who have real honest to goodness big men in the post.
Check out this tidbit from athlonsports.com:“We think all the recruits can come in right away, but Bardo is a raw offensive talent who bench-presses 300 pounds, and we think could be special down the road,” Dambrot says.Oh those were the days, when I could throw around 300lbs on the bench-press... :CK_brew: