New Football Stadium

a-zip

A couple of thoughts and questions..........As far as a name goes, how about - John W. Heisman Stadiumhttp://www.hickoksports.com/biograph/heismanjohn.shtml When are we expecting the announcement and drawings for the new stadium?There has been a lot of speculation about the design, I have to imagine it will follow the same architecture as all of the new buildings (which are beautiful). What about if we recreate the design of the Rubber Bowl? It is nice looking design and size. In it's day it was a beautiful stadium.

Rumor has it rights to The Roo Zoo were sold. The student section will now be known as "The Odd Corner."
oh crap, everyone is going to be high. at least two people a game will be robbed and once a season a murder will take place.they ought to name it after that place where you donate plasma. it seems to be the most popular place in town.

Rumor has it rights to The Roo Zoo were sold. The student section will now be known as "The Odd Corner."
oh crap, everyone is going to be high. at least two people a game will be robbed and once a season a murder will take place.they ought to name it after that place where you donate plasma. it seems to be the most popular place in town.
:laugh_up: that is so true. it's funny because it's true!

My how times change ...... in my undergraduate days I would never have thought about donating plasma. I SOLD mine, I needed the money for beer. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :rofl:An afterthought ... don't you think we should build a staduim before we start naming it ???

Among recently built structures, Papa John's Cardinal Stadium is the 1st to come to mind. I think Troy plays in some Movie Gallery Stadium or something like that. The Carrier Dome may have started the ball rolling in terms of collegiate venues. I'm sure there are others.This reminds of a very stupid joke from the Faust era. Somebody had thrown out the idea once (probably after a particularly rainy home FB schedule) to put a roof over the Rubber Bowl. I always felt the obvious new name for such a revision would have been......cover your ears and start wincing......the "Con-Dome"......ba dump ttttisshhhhh B)

is there any college stadium for which corporate naming rights have been sold? i can't think of any.
K.e.n.t has Dicks Stadium. I think that cost John Holmes about $50.00 back in 1973?
:bow::rofl::rofl::rofl::bow: That's GREAT ........

forgot about papa john's stadium. nice stadium, dumb name. better than value city arena, though. i never realized that the carrier dome was named for the air conditioning company. at least they didn't call it the carrier air conditioning dome.since just about every pro park (baseball, football, and basketball) has corporate naming, it's surprising that colleges have not jumped on this as a revenue source bigger than they have. there are no big 10, pac 10, big 12, SEC, or MAC corporate named stadiums.

is there any college stadium for which corporate naming rights have been sold? i can't think of any.
Minnesota new one will be TFC Bank Stadium. Louisville has Papa Johns Stadium, UCF has Brighthouse Cable Stadium. It not a common thing mainly because very few schools have built new stadiums recently. The schools that have are selling the naming rights. It is very common in new college arenas.