The Athletic: Moorhead a Possible Target for NFL OC Position

At this point, I don't know if this possibility upsets me or gives me hope. On one hand, UA needs stability and the time to develop under Moorhead.  On the other hand, Moorhead's 4-20  record is terrible.  I'm just a fan - no college football experience, but I have yet to see any of Moorhead's supposed offensive mastery while at UA. I know this was a major rebuild, but the MAC is a landscape in which there usually is not a giant void between the successful programs and the bottom. A good coach can make a big difference in a short time. It seems that given the possibilities and peculiarities of MAC football, UA should be farther ahead than it is by year two. If he leaves, who is the next coach to lead the program? Is Brookhart promoted due to his experience? 

https://theathletic.com/5219845/2024/01/22/joe-moorhead-akron-nfl-offensive-coordinator/

Edited by UA1996MAENG
  • Like 1

Can't wait for an upcoming The Athletic click bait: "JD Brookhart, who left Akron after a 3-9 season, and who's been out of coaching for 15 years, to be hired as Akron's next HC".

Moorhead isn't going anywhere in 2024, but bloggers will tie his name to every available OC opening. And it works...I'm sure they are getting their precious clicks as people eagerly share their phony baloney speculation.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

Makes you wonder why these keep popping up thought right? Surely Joe Moorhead isn't creating more clicks and revenue than the average candidate. Is his agent starting some negotiations?

They’re purely speculation by the writers of the articles. Clicks are a big ordeal for online media these days.

As @Captain Kangaroo stated, Moorhead isn’t going anywhere this year. 

35 minutes ago, catdaddyp said:

They’re purely speculation by the writers of the articles. Clicks are a big ordeal for online media these days.

As @Captain Kangaroo stated, Moorhead isn’t going anywhere this year. 

You think Joe Moorhead as an NFL OC candidate is bringing in more clicks than any other average candidate? I'd disagree with that

17 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

You think Joe Moorhead as an NFL OC candidate is bringing in more clicks than any other average candidate? I'd disagree with that

I think the writer is ignorant in that he doesn’t know Moorhead’s current situation. I’ve lost count how many writers have attached Moorhead’s job to OC vacancies already. This just seems like another example. 

If things don’t work out here, Moorhead will probably look to take an OC job somewhere. I suspect he’ll eventually angle to take another P5 head coaching gig if he can turn this thing around.

• Like 1