Broncos whine...

RowdyZip

what in the M-Fing hell????ALL MY LIFE AS A SPORTS FAN, when ever umpires, referees and officials got calls wrong, they always stood firm when people complained, no matter how tragic the results were of their mistakes.... and often, complaints resulted in fines for the complainers and critics, NOT THE OFFICIALS!!! This has burned the teams I have rooted for many times, and we always had to sit down and shut up and take it like men.Now, all of a sudden, opponents of a team I root for are actually getting apologies???? FUKK THAT!It's almost like we are hated. Fairness in consistency be damned.

So... Where are all of our apologies we are owed from last basketball season?
that's exactly what I am talking about! Seems like teams I root for get screwed all the time, and not only don't we get apologies, we are always told to shut up and quit complaining.

Ahem. Any wonder why UA officials such as Dr. Porenza, Mack Rhoades and nearly all the coaches want out of the MAC?We are hated. Often with such a passion that inflicting unjust calls against the Zips is almost a sport among the game officials.Keep up the good work voting for Zippy. Its grand recognition to other conferences that a fire burns brightly in Akron.

I find it very amusing that we had to wait a couple days to see "the play" on television because W.Mich wouldn't release the tape, probably to avoid the humiliation that they've gotten. Now that they found all the "missed calls" and made sure to highlight them, they released it to the local media up there, who then posted them on youtube.

What's with this Kalamazoo Gazette posting videos to YouTube of what they say are blown calls? Don't they have anything better to do

? Like someone commented there, what fair and balanced journalism to not show any blown calls the other way.....Wah, wah, wah.....WMU lost....deal with it. Oh, and :screwks: still!

Western Michigan also sent tape to the MAC of Akron's previous touchdown. The video showed the Zips' left guard and left tackle moving before the football was snapped, which is a false-start penalty under the rules.Complaining about a false start? You have GOT to be kidding me. :cry: Did the Zips hold at any time during the game? Better get some tape of that too.While your at it, I'm sure somebody had their shirt untucked. I lost a lot of respect for WMU.

I think the media, as usual, is making a mountain out of a mole hill. There is not a football game anywhere, where the refs, do not make a mistake. The same holds true for players & coaches.I know that in the Big East, not only do they have the officiating crew, but there is also an evaluator present. They meet p the day prior to the game to view tape of both teams and they meet after the game to discuss the various game situations.The one thing i know for fact is, that they are told to limit the number of flags thrown and to make absolutely sure that there was a foul when they do throw the flag. The Big East does not want the officials to get in the way of the game. They just want them to mediate the affair.

"Officials also appeared to botch a call that went in favor of Western Michigan.Photographs taken by two Gazette photographers showed the knee of Broncos running back Mark Bonds touching the ground about a yard before the ball crossed the goal line on what was ruled a fourth-quarter touchdown.The 7-yard run on second down with 12:25 to play put the Broncos ahead 38-24."
I don't see them whining about that?

TOTAL TOTAL BULL !!!!What about all of the other calls that were missed during the course of the game??? On BOTH sides. I'm sure there were plenty, if you want to analyze every damn play.We've gotten screwed ever since we entered this conference. Probably because we were viewed as the "outsider". Is anyone else old enough to remember how, for whatever reason (I hope someone remembers the details), we had to travel to WMU for several years in a row back in the mid-90's?How about our fumble recovery on the onside kick last year at OU, where an Akron player CLEARLY came out of the pile with the ball in his hands, yet they didn't reverse the call. I don't recall anyone from Akron making a major issue out of that. In this case, it seems as if WMU wants to complain, and doesn't want to do it themselves because of possible punishment, so they start a feeding frenzy among their local media, who surely loves the opportunity to turn it into a big deal. A possible false start??? Come on !!! We should challenge WMU's staff to look at the ENTIRE GAME and find all of the missed calls. They'll find plenty. For BOTH sides.Does everyone hate losing to us that much???Take your loss, and move on. I can almost assure you, if we had lost that game, you would not have heard about missed calls by officials.

What's with this Kalamazoo Gazette posting videos to YouTube of what they say are blown calls? Don't they have anything better to do
? Like someone commented there, what fair and balanced journalism to not show any blown calls the other way.....Wah, wah, wah.....WMU lost....deal with it. Oh, and :screwks: still!
You're exactly right.I could see the WMU athletic dept. posting this on UTube...but for the newspaper to do it...it's like they're campaigning for the school....an institution they must cover with objectivity...not act as their pipe organ.Each day the bar is lowered on journalistic ethics.Sad to say.

ja had a touchdown that went for not.on the last drive was there definatley interfernce on the last play and on probably third down also.if you have to depend on the refs call on the last play of the game it won't ahppen.just like they were not going to call pas interference on wmu on the zips last drive.you can't expect the repla officlas to over turn calls most of the time.there are not always enought cmarea angles to overturn calls.it sounds like sour grapes to me.

Why doesn't somebody put up a compilation of all the times we have been screwed by MAC refs? It would put their whining to shame. Maybe the ABJ or something, since our athletic department has more class than that.Every team gets screwed pretty much equally. The MAC doesn't hold its refs accountable for anything until the school complains about it. If I were Mack, I would have requested that the idiot who ran the time clock during the basketball tournament be banned from ever managing the clock at another MAC game. I'm sure that I would be called a whiner from Miami fans and the rest of the MAC as well. But that was a worse debacle than anything that the Broncos are whining about.

If anyone is interested, look on You Tube for the play where they said that we committed a false start. If you look closely enough, you see one of their defensive lineman on that side start to move early, which forces the Akron Offensive Lineman to stand up.So, if there would have been any penalty called on that play, it would have been offsides on the defense for forcing the Akron OL to move. Game over.

I made a couple of posts on the other thread, but get this....The "false start" play clearly shows that a WMU DL moves before the the snap of the ball, forcing the Akron OL to stand up early.If any penalty would have been called on this play, WMU would have been called for Offsides for forcing the Akron OL to stand up early.

Here is a link the Gazete writer's blog: linkThe second link in the article is a gallery of photos showing Mark Bonds' knee hitting the ground 1-2 yards short of the endzone on a touchdown run.Also skip-zip I believe that the defense can move as long as they do not enter the neutral zone to go offsides.Finaly no one is saying that these calls are the only reason Western lost just that the officials need to be held accountable for their errors. Come see for yourself.

I made a couple of posts on the other thread, but get this....The "false start" play clearly shows that a WMU DL moves before the the snap of the ball, forcing the Akron OL to stand up early.If any penalty would have been called on this play, WMU would have been called for Offsides for forcing the Akron OL to stand up early.
Didn't see the play. But it sounds like you may not be aware of something: A defensive player can move, jump up and down, do an Irish jig, or the Mexican Hat Dance. He can even cross the line of scrimmage, but unless he makes contact with the offensive player, there is no penalty if he gets back before the snap. But, if the offensive lineman sets and then picks up his stance -- yellow flag! Those are da rules.

Didn't see the play. But it sounds like you may not be aware of something: A defensive player can move, jump up and down, do an Irish jig, or the Mexican Hat Dance. He can even cross the line of scrimmage, but unless he makes contact with the offensive player, there is no penalty if he gets back before the snap. But, if the offensive lineman sets and then picks up his stance -- yellow flag! Those are da rules.

Sorry but I had to correct you on this:

No player may enter the neutral zone causing an offensive lineman

to react immediately. An official shall sound his whistle immediately

[Rules 2-18-2-a and 7-1-3-a-4-© Exception] (A.R. 7-1-3-VIII and

IX) [s7 and S18].

If anyone is interested, look on You Tube for the play where they said that we committed a false start. If you look closely enough, you see one of their defensive lineman on that side start to move early, which forces the Akron Offensive Lineman to stand up.

So, if there would have been any penalty called on that play, it would have been offsides on the defense for forcing the Akron OL to move.

Game over.

Not so Skip.

Defensive linemen can move as much as they want. They just can't be in the neutral zone when the ball is snapped. That's offsides. You can't call a false-start penalty on the defense.

Not so Skip.

Defensive linemen can move as much as they want. They just can't be in the neutral zone when the ball is snapped. That's offsides. You can't call a false-start penalty on the defense.

I would like to correct you on this:

No player may enter the neutral zone causing an offensive lineman

to react immediately. An official shall sound his whistle immediately

[Rules 2-18-2-a and 7-1-3-a-4-© Exception] (A.R. 7-1-3-VIII and

IX) [s7 and S18].