Humpty Hitchins Update

Hmm...Sounds like he plays on a good "team". Is someone that size usually considered a "long shot" to succeed at this level? How many Spud Webbs or Earl Boykins really exist out there?For all of our complaints about being deficient at PG, we'll be flat-out "saturated" come next year.Let the battle begin. Good thing Sullivan is versatile enough to light it up at a 2-Guard.

Is someone that size usually considered a "long shot" to succeed at this level? How many Spud Webbs or Earl Boykins really exist out there?
Don't knock the little man. Look at Tajuan Porter from Oregon...he's only 5'6" and he lit it up in the tournament last year. You just need to be able to move well and shoot decently.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just reading between the lines in a couple articles you guys have posted, it sounds as if the Chambers kid may be a bit mentally fragile. It sounds as if he's been blessed with 6-7 height but still doesn't have a lot of confidence? Of course, he's a senior in high school and still has a lot of developing to do. Could he be a project player?

Just reading between the lines in a couple articles you guys have posted, it sounds as if the Chambers kid may be a bit mentally fragile. It sounds as if he's been blessed with 6-7 height but still doesn't have a lot of confidence? Of course, he's a senior in high school and still has a lot of developing to do. Could he be a project player?
Sounds a little bit like Quade.

GP1 ... please explain your question.To me, Humpty fits our style to a tee. He is a tough, hard nosed kid who plays his butt off.He will certainly help the Zips keep a four guard rotation along with Roberts, McNees, and Ronnie Steward. Then, too, Alex Sullivan gives the Zips a large guard.I think the guard positions are well set for the next few years.We need a banger, hopely Steve Swiech, to replace Jerimiah Wood.From what I have read, the Bedford kid, Reggie Keely at six-seven fits that role quite well.

GP1 ... please explain your question.To me, Humpty fits our style to a tee. He is a tough, hard nosed kid who plays his butt off.He will certainly help the Zips keep a four guard rotation along with Roberts, McNees, and Ronnie Steward. Then, too, Alex Sullivan gives the Zips a large guard.I think the guard positions are well set for the next few years.We need a banger, hopely Steve Swiech, to replace Jerimiah Wood.From what I have read, the Bedford kid, Reggie Keely at six-seven fits that role quite well.
You're not getting it....read closely and use the force.

Do you guys think this Humpty kid will ruin the image and the style that we're used to?
Ha! Hilarious! GoZips, there was an old (late 80's?) rap group named Digital Underground that had their one hit single called The Humpty Hump where the MC said something about, "the image and the style that we're used to."Do the humpty, do the humpty hump, watch me do the humpty hump...White people...Samoans...

Do you guys think this Humpty kid will ruin the image and the style that we're used to?
Ha! Hilarious! GoZips, there was an old (late 80's?) rap group named Digital Underground that had their one hit single called The Humpty Hump where the MC said something about, "the image and the style that we're used to."Do the humpty, do the humpty hump, watch me do the humpty hump...White people...Samoans...
Hands down, one of the funniest threads i've read here ever. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was asking myself the same thing .. after all, I've heard he once got busy in a Burger King bathroom.
And people say "Yo, Humpty, you're really funny lookin'" that's all right 'cause he get things cookin'

Big Win over Division-I Zanesville. Which is also a local rivalry."Senior guard Anthony Hitchens scored 14 points in the last six minutes, 10 seconds of regulation to force overtime, then added six more in the extra four minutesas Chillicothe's boys basketball team took home another marquee win Friday, this time a 59-58 victory over Division-I Zanesville."Read The Full Story

In regards to the above story link, Humpty finished with a game high 30 points. He really sounds like a clutch player. And reading his quotes, he also sounds calm yet intense, intelligent and well spoken. Gotta love Dials, but he is playing out of position at the PG this year; taking one for the team. But after watching the Can't State & CMU games, man, I'm really looking forward to seeing both Humpty and Steward in Zips uni's next season!