Stadium Cams Are Live!!!!!

K-Roo

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 I don't think there will be any lawn seating available this season. Just make it look good for TV.
Agree. Let it get established for a year.Maybe they could paint A K R O N on the grass in big white block letters, kind of in homage to the Rubber Bowl/Fulton Airport.http://www.flickr.com/photos/98131992@N00/3524581902/

+1 I don't think there will be any lawn seating available this season. Just make it look good for TV.
Agree. Let it get established for a year.Maybe they could paint A K R O N on the grass in big white block letters, kind of in homage to the Rubber Bowl/Fulton Airport.http://www.flickr.com/photos/98131992@N00/3524581902/
You know that is a great idea! I doubt they would fit but it would be cool to take the actual concrete from the RB.

You know that is a great idea! I doubt they would fit but it would be cool to take the actual concrete from the RB.
That would look cool....like Folsom Field in Boulder.....

post-285-1248309360_thumb.jpg

Paint would kill the grass. Lets put it in block letters with concrete. That would give the students something extra easy to slip on. Future phone call....."Hi Mom, I just paid for the rest of my education and living expenses for the rest of my life.........split my head open on the concrete K on the hill behind the south endzone."

Paint would kill the grass. Lets put it in block letters with concrete. That would give the students something extra easy to slip on. Future phone call....."Hi Mom, I just paid for the rest of my education and living expenses for the rest of my life.........split my head open on the concrete K on the hill behind the south endzone."
Party pooper...I was think cement...And who's to say we will need the grass seating anyway...unfortunately. If they don't need it for students on openning day...they may not need it at all.

There are going to be two open houses in August to tour the completed stadium I don't know the dates yet, though.
Any idea how to get involved in them? I'd love to do this since I'm living in AK for the summer.Looks like another layer is going on the endzone buildings!

There are going to be two open houses in August to tour the completed stadium I don't know the dates yet, though.
Any idea how to get involved in them? I'd love to do this since I'm living in AK for the summer.Looks like another layer is going on the endzone buildings!
I honestly don't know.I read it here.

I honestly don't know.I read it here.
Did they really write an article to say the blimp was flying by?Slow news day I guess.

Is the scoreboard still going to be framed in brick like the original photos?
I was told "Not at this time, possibility for the future"
That sucks. The scoreboard in the picture looks very classy.
One thing that I think looks a little goofy is that the support poles for the railing at the edge of the stands run perpendicular to the slope of the stands (rather than perpendicular to the ground as shown in the renderings). I don't recall any other nice venue with this particular look.....Goofy. :unsure:

<br />
Is the scoreboard still going to be framed in brick like the original photos? I was told. Not at this time, possibility for the futureThat sucks. The scoreboard in the picture looks very classy.One thing that I think looks a little goofy is that the support poles for the railing at the edge of the stands run perpendicular to the slope of the stands (rather than perpendicular to the ground as shown in the renderings). I don't recall any other nice venue with this particular look.....Goofy.I agree. Unfortunately they don't look any more substantial in person either. The entire rail/fence going around the upper grandstands looks rather cheap.