Stadium Cams Are Live!!!!!

K-Roo

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on a sad note. my dad is a super for Ben Imhoff and they tried to get some work in this joint and it didn't happen :unsure: if it would have I would have gotten some great "insider" pictures for you all :wall:
Same here... I might have been in there right about now and further.Sadly, we didn't lose the bid because of price or product, but mostly because large institutions like Universities tend to stick with what they have had, regardless of what's out there.I highly doubt that they are behind in some critical way. As I said before, you can host a football game even if you don't have the finishing touches on furnishings or tweaks on equipment. If the core power services, communications and infrastructure is in place, and you have a finished field and seats to be sat in, you got a football game.

on a sad note. my dad is a super for Ben Imhoff and they tried to get some work in this joint and it didn't happen :unsure: if it would have I would have gotten some great "insider" pictures for you all :wall:
Same here... I might have been in there right about now and further.Sadly, we didn't lose the bid because of price or product, but mostly because large institutions like Universities tend to stick with what they have had, regardless of what's out there.I highly doubt that they are behind in some critical way. As I said before, you can host a football game even if you don't have the finishing touches on furnishings or tweaks on equipment. If the core power services, communications and infrastructure is in place, and you have a finished field and seats to be sat in, you got a football game.
As is, The Info looks better than the Rubber Bowl already!!! :lol:

Working before 8 am on a Saturday in March. A sure sign that my 45 days behind schedule observation is right on the money.
How did you come up with 45? Is that 9 weeks or 6 weeks? 45 days seems like a LOT of time to be behind schedule.
Question 1: How did you come up with 45? Simple extrapolation based on how far they were behind schedule at the topping off ceremony.Question 2: Is that 9 weeks or 6 weeks?Neither, 45 days is actually 7 weeks and three days (you aren't an education major are you?).

Working before 8 am on a Saturday in March. A sure sign that my 45 days behind schedule observation is right on the money.
How did you come up with 45? Is that 9 weeks or 6 weeks? 45 days seems like a LOT of time to be behind schedule.
Question 1: How did you come up with 45? Simple extrapolation based on how far they were behind schedule at the topping off ceremony.Question 2: Is that 9 weeks or 6 weeks?Neither, 45 days is actually 7 weeks and three days (you aren't an education major are you?).
No, I'm an Engineer...If you are considering a 5 day work week.....9*5 = 45If you are considering a 7 day work week....7*6 = 42...I didn't feel it was necessary to split hairs about the additional three days.I wasn't trying to be a prick, I was just trying to understand how you got 45 and extrapolation from the topping off is perfectly logical. Also, I was curious about how you would apply this number as we go forward. 45 days is a long time and I would think there is no way they would get the project done in time for a new opening day of Sept. 12th.

They're not 45 days behind schedule.They were not behind schedule on the topping off ceremony and they're not 45 days behind schedule.The stadium part of the project is on track and they're only working Saturdays now to make up for the cold days they lost during the winter. They're projecting come August they'll only working on the field and scoreboard and just the final touching up of the stadium part.Keep in mind that's the stadium part. The lower levels of the press tower may not be ready for classroom until a bit later. This information comes directly from the ABJ beat writer for UofA.I have picture on my laptop of the Stadium on Feb 24th and comparing it today is awesome the amount of work done in the past month.You'll get to see how wrong you are in the coming weeks/months and I'll be sure to tell you I told you so. ;)

No, I'm an Engineer...If you are considering a 5 day work week.....9*5 = 45If you are considering a 7 day work week....7*6 = 42...I didn't feel it was necessary to split hairs about the additional three days.I wasn't trying to be a prick, I was just trying to understand how you got 45 and extrapolation from the topping off is perfectly logical. Also, I was curious about how you would apply this number as we go forward. 45 days is a long time and I would think there is no way they would get the project done in time for a new opening day of Sept. 12th.
It's simple.They're not 45 days behind schedule or 30 days behind schedule.At worst per the ABJ beat writer for UofA. They're 10 to 20 days behind where they wanted to be as of 03/27 and they're sure they can make that up working Saturdays and longer hours during the week as the weather gets better. Curtis and company are confident the Stadium will be ready on time. Question for the doubters. Why schedule a home game 7 days earlier, if you're 45 days behind schedule?

This information comes directly from the ABJ beat writer for UofA.
Oh, then it must be accurate..... ;) I don't have the slightest clue of how far behind they are, but I'm sure they will be working their hardest to get the job done on time. Now, does anyone have any idea if the budget increases if they are working overtime? I would think it would, but I'm not sure how this stuff goes with construction. Also, as a worker in this economy, would you rather get paid overtime now, or would you rather have a steady job for an additonal couple of weeks?

This information comes directly from the ABJ beat writer for UofA.
Oh, then it must be accurate..... ;) I don't have the slightest clue of how far behind they are, but I'm sure they will be working their hardest to get the job done on time. Now, does anyone have any idea if the budget increases if they are working overtime? I would think it would, but I'm not sure how this stuff goes with construction. Also, as a worker in this economy, would you rather get paid overtime now, or would you rather have a steady job for an additonal couple of weeks?
That's the same beat writer who told me Manny would settle just before trial started. Just one of few tidbits I've gotten during this whole process.I've known her for years and she hasn't been wrong yet. ;) At worst they're 10 to 20 days behind schedule.Another fact how things are moving along. Thursday 03-19 you had nothing above the visitors locker for the upper deck. Just take a look at that part today 03-28. If, they can do that much in one week and one day. A 166 days is more then enough time to get the stadium part of the project finished. They just started tearing down the dorms on Jan. 24th 2008. There no way to lose a month and half of work in year and two months of construction. We had stadium cams since Feb 15th.Has anyone here seen 45 working days of nothing over that period?

I just went for a walk around the complex this afternoon. It's looking great! They've also gotten a lot of work done on the new dorms. It just really struck me once again how much this stadium is going to affect the resident student population. It really seems to be the anchor of the campus now and I know all the resident students will be proud to go to such a beautiful facility.Unfortunately, they've now fenced off the walkway between the Field House and the Info, so the web cams offer the very best views of the stadium construction now. And btw, Steve Sweich is one cool dude. I walked by the baseball game today and he was in attendance, cheering on the baseball team. It didn't even look like he was sitting with anyone; I believe he was just @ the game by himself cheering the team on. The baseball team often plays in near anonymity, so, cool showing of you, Steve!

They're not 45 days behind schedule.They were not behind schedule on the topping off ceremony and they're not 45 days behind schedule.The stadium part of the project is on track and they're only working Saturdays now to make up for the cold days they lost during the winter. They're projecting come August they'll only working on the field and scoreboard and just the final touching up of the stadium part.Keep in mind that's the stadium part. The lower levels of the press tower may not be ready for classroom until a bit later. This information comes directly from the ABJ beat writer for UofA.I have picture on my laptop of the Stadium on Feb 24th and comparing it today is awesome the amount of work done in the past month.You'll get to see how wrong you are in the coming weeks/months and I'll be sure to tell you I told you so. ;)

When there are no workers working on the project 45 days after the scheduled completion date you be sure and let me know.

I think it has been WELL established they are NOT behind 45 days to get the stadium ready for the first home game. Where the 45 days behind might come in to play is actually completing levels 2-4 of the press tower where the classrooms are. Those are CLEARLY not going to be done by the fall semester. They will have the outer shell of the lower 3 levels done so that the stadium is entirely presentable come home opener. Classroom work will go on probably throughout the fall semester and will probably be ready for the Spring '10 semester.

I think it has been WELL established they are NOT behind 45 days to get the stadium ready for the first home game. Where the 45 days behind might come in to play is actually completing levels 2-4 of the press tower where the classrooms are. Those are CLEARLY not going to be done by the fall semester. They will have the outer shell of the lower 3 levels done so that the stadium is entirely presentable come home opener. Classroom work will go on probably throughout the fall semester and will probably be ready for the Spring '10 semester.
Don't tell that to Big Guy. He's sure the project is only 10-20 days behind schedule because somebody at the ABJ told him so.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you aren't a math major are you?7*7 = 49 plus the three days equals 52 days,45 days = 6 weeks and 3 days ;)

When there are no workers working on the project 45 days after the scheduled completion date you be sure and let me know.
The stadium part where the games will be played is on track. They'll be there working on dorms which were never scheduled to be finished until months after the stadium. I don't consider floors 2-4 of the press tower as needing to be completed before 9/12.

You guys are arguing about what to me seem to be two separate issues. My assumption is that everything football related will be done before our home opener with Morgan St. However, the project in it's entirety may not be completed until much later than that. In fact, if you consider the new dorms a part of the project, then who knows, it may not be done for another year?

The end zone facility is so sturdy it looks like a bomb shelter. :lol: It obviously must be designed that way in order to accommodate future expansion? Sturdy enough to easily support a north end grandstand?
I hope so and I also hope we need the capacity. But I know that's a dream. Who cares, you don't get better if you can't dream. Regarding the end zone facility, it had extra capacity that will be converted into soccer locker rooms and a team lounge. The space is much needed and Caleb is thrilled to get it. It improves his team's facilities immediately w/o building a new stadium. He needs to show these progressively better recruiting classes that the program is advancing facilities. I like it. :D For you guys who seem to be getting into a pissing match over the progress of the stadium, cut me a break! Bitch if they don't get it done. Until then shut the hell up. You sound like petty bitches who relish criticizing anyone who tries to do something good just so you can say I told you so. We are Zips! believe in the people who got us here. They know what they are doing. If they fail hold them accountable. Until then quit your bitching. You sound like K.e.n.t. fans. :screwks: That is an insult BTW. :rofl: