Stadium Cams Are Live!!!!!

K-Roo

Since May 1 I've been keeping a WORD file where I have been placing screen captures of the webcams every other day or so. I want to have my own "photo history" of the contruction process. There's a big difference already in the pics from May 1 versus today. Pretty exciting stuff for us Zip fans.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone know if that would be holes for the tower footers that they are digging on lower right of cam 1?
I don't know. What I do know is that we're starting to see the general form of the stadium begin to take shape. The above-ground base of the eastern stands is almost fully enclosed, and the below-surface-level parts are beginning to show up.

Since May 1 I've been keeping a WORD file where I have been placing screen captures of the webcams every other day or so. I want to have my own "photo history" of the contruction process. There's a big difference already in the pics from May 1 versus today. Pretty exciting stuff for us Zip fans.
I've been doing this since day 1, but I have to admit I don't have every day. We'll keep it up and swap pics here in the future to fill in any gaps!

I've been doing this since day 1, but I have to admit I don't have every day. We'll keep it up and swap pics here in the future to fill in any gaps!
Good idea! We might have to crop/resize but I'm sure we can work out those issues when the time comes. It's too bad that Cam #3 seems to be out half of the time though :wall:

Good idea! We might have to crop/resize but I'm sure we can work out those issues when the time comes. It's too bad that Cam #3 seems to be out half of the time though :wall:
I wish they would fix that issue and add the two other camera shots they mention when you first log into the site that there's going to be 5 camera views of the stadium site.Right now it feels like 2 and 1/2 since Cam 3 out so much. :angry:

I wish they would fix that issue and add the two other camera shots they mention when you first log into the site that there's going to be 5 camera views of the stadium site.Right now it feels like 2 and 1/2 since Cam 3 out so much. :angry:
Maybe cam 4&5 will be mounted on the stadium to show the carpet, lights, landscaping, etc. go in? Or inside?

Wow, almost 4:00 on a Friday and they've got the cement truck there pouring cement! I know nothing about major construction so I'm amazed that they can build this in parts and pieces and have it all line up correctly when the pieces get connected together. I have a hard time hanging two pictures evenly! I'm excited now. I'll be beside myself as the place really starts to go up!

Anyone have some from before March 25? That's when I started.
I've got 3 excel sheets. 2 on my home computer (the first one just got too big) and one on my work computer for when I travel. My first pic on my home computer is from Feb. 29th. Snow on the ground, a couple trucks and some guys wiring up rebar. Does anyone have a program or know of a way to take these screen dumps and make them into a movie? I was just going to keep gathering pics and then figure out how I was going to put the movie together in a couple months. Does anyone know if UA is going to do their own time-lapse?

Maybe cam 4&5 will be mounted on the stadium to show the carpet, lights, landscaping, etc. go in? Or inside?
How about Cams 4&5 with more outside views and 6&7 showing interior shots? I'm out of state and would like to see more outside coverage given we had couple of pictures posted here that shows the current three cam view is not giving the site the coverage to show how much real progress has been made in 4 months of work.Ball St just renovated and enlarged their stadiums and they had Cams all over the place while the work was on-going as well as stills of the entire site being updated. You had views from every possible angle. I know as I visited the site often to see it's progress. I love seeing new stadiums built or current ones being renovated or enlarged. Something to do while waiting for college football season to return.I'm grateful for we have. But, I feel it could be far better now that the work is picking up steam. Cam 3 is off line much of the time and even when it's on line, a big mound of dirt blocks a good portion of the view.

Cam 3 is back, but all you can really see is the giant dirt pile in front of it.
They should change the position of that camera. The current view is all but, useless with that big mound of dirt blocking half the view. You can just barely see the work on the home side for that dirt mound.

I can see how the stadium is ahead of schedule. I thought that maybe we would see some concrete by this time, but we already have pilings rising into the air. I was anticipating a big tear up around the stadium to upgrade the utilities to the area as there will be 30,000 + people in one place at one time. Once the steel starts going up, this thing is going to take shape quickly.

I can see how the stadium is ahead of schedule. I thought that maybe we would see some concrete by this time, but we already have pilings rising into the air. I was anticipating a big tear up around the stadium to upgrade the utilities to the area as there will be 30,000 + people in one place at one time. Once the steel starts going up, this thing is going to take shape quickly.
After seeing the site live. There Not a doubt in mind it's ahead of schedule and that before I saw the latest press release from U0fA saying that very thing. They'll be closing part of street behind the home side to set up the crane needed to build the tower. Steel should start rising in the next couple of weeks.