Stadium Cams Are Live!!!!!

K-Roo

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there's a crane there today. Or at least I didn't notice it before. And they're going vertical!!! Maybe someone stole camera C! lol
There's a crane there today. We'll start seeing even more major construction now. :thumb: Cam 3 was down more then it was up and was blocked by a mound of dirt. IMO, UofA just decided to take it down. I'm hoping they'll add other angles in the very, very near future.

I think there's a crane there today. Or at least I didn't notice it before. And they're going vertical!!! Maybe someone stole camera C! lol
There's a crane there today. We'll start seeing even more major construction now. :thumb: Cam 3 was down more then it was up and was blocked by a mound of dirt. IMO, UofA just decided to take it down. I'm hoping they'll add other angles in the very, very near future.
just added this comment to move the thread up to the top of the list so I don't have to scroll down to get to it.

Holy crap! :blink: I wasn't expecting that kind of vertical construction for a few more weeks.Seeing that has me stoked for this football season to get here as soon as possible, so that we can end it as soon as possible and move it on campus!They had better hurry and get whatever it is they planned on doing done, because it looks like some nasty storms are heading that way. A series of 100-foot tall steel columns are not a good place to be during a thunderstorm.

Holy crap! :blink: I wasn't expecting that kind of vertical construction for a few more weeks.Seeing that has me stoked for this football season to get here as soon as possible, so that we can end it as soon as possible and move it on campus!They had better hurry and get whatever it is they planned on doing done, because it looks like some nasty storms are heading that way. A series of 100-foot tall steel columns are not a good place to be during a thunderstorm.
Ah man that is awesome. It sucks I am at work and can't see this (no Java). Does anyone think it will be visible from RT 8?

WE HAVE ERECTION!:lol: They have placed some seriously tall steel columns on the west edge, and they have cross braced them to other columns with horizontal beams. Woooo!!! :thumb:
G-R-E-A-T news :thumb: (especially for those of us at work who are blocked from the camera views) and I got a good chuckle out of your post :wave: . uakronkid's concern is a valid one - I'd hate to lose our erection prematurely due to T-storms! :cry:

WE HAVE ERECTION!:lol: They have placed some seriously tall steel columns on the west edge, and they have cross braced them to other columns with horizontal beams. Woooo!!! :thumb:
G-R-E-A-T news :thumb: (especially for those of us at work who are blocked from the camera views) and I got a good chuckle out of your post :wave: . uakronkid's concern is a valid one - I'd hate to lose our erection prematurely due to T-storms! :cry:
They'll stop if it starts storming. But, this looks like a long lasting erection. :lol: It's looking awesome and great amount of work done today on Cam 1

I just drove past the stadium on the way home from work. As of now, what you see as a "tower" is actually only four stories tall. It will be at least double that by the time it is finished. It's not even as tall as the fieldhouse roof yet. This thing will be HUGE. :rock:

Got some pics for ya. They had the construction area thoroughly fenced off, so I had to zoom in as much as I could to get these.This is the only building left standing on the block next to the fieldhouse. Dorms will go here.LastOneStanding.jpgMore places where dorms will go. I think they will begin construction on the one that will be on Spicer sooner than anticipated.PlannedDorms.jpgHere is a pic of the very SE corner of the stands. There are no houses left standing on the former Nash Street.SECorner.jpgThis is the house that is still being sorted out in court. The one that was bought from a Board Member's son. It won't affect stadium construction.Greenhouse.jpgHere is good ole' Cam 2. Providing daily progress of the visitor's side construction to viewers like you and me.Cam2.jpgHere's a shot of the visitor's side. The webcams really don't give you a sense of scale. There's at least a 20-foot drop down to the pit.VisitorStands.jpgA zoomed-out shot of the tower. It's about the same height as the firld house right now. It will be double that before we're through.Tower.jpgThe home stands.HomeStands.jpgA close up of the tower.Close-up.jpgA shot taken from the corner of Brown and Exchange. Field house included for scale.UnionExchange.jpgI have pics of other construction projects around campus here.

Ah man that is awesome. It sucks I am at work and can't see this (no Java). Does anyone think it will be visible from RT 8?
I checked on the way to work this morning, and you can definitely see steel from route 8! :thumb:

Just drove past the stadium site. The one last building, the first of my pics, has been demolished, and the debris has already been cleared for the most part.They have parts of a gigantic crane laid out on several flatbed semi trailors.I also noticed that one of the boarded up houses on the far side of Nash has been removed. Greek Village is beginning to take shape.