Football Recruiting

a-zip

We sure are loaded this year at Runningback but MAN are we going to be depleted in two years......... 42 Matt Harmon RB 5-9 220 Jr. Massillon, Ohio (Massillon Jackson HS) 7 Andrew Johnson RB 5-10 215 RSr. Pittsburgh, Pa. (North Hills HS/University of Miami) 4 Dennis Kennedy RB 5-11 205 Sr. Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. (Stranahan HS) 34 Phillip Morris RB 6-0 220 So. Columbus, Ohio (Mifflin HS) 32 Joe Tuzze RB 5-11 215 Jr. Mayfield, Pa. (Lakeland HS) 24 Bryan Williams RB 6-0 200 Sr. Akron, Ohio (Buchtel HS/Valley Forge (Pa.) Acad.) BTW- What is the deal with spring practices, anyone heard how Matt Rodgers has looked in the practices?

We sure are loaded this year at Runningback but MAN are we going to be depleted in two years......... 42 Matt Harmon RB 5-9 220 Jr. Massillon, Ohio (Massillon Jackson HS) 7 Andrew Johnson RB 5-10 215 RSr. Pittsburgh, Pa. (North Hills HS/University of Miami) 4 Dennis Kennedy RB 5-11 205 Sr. Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. (Stranahan HS) 34 Phillip Morris RB 6-0 220 So. Columbus, Ohio (Mifflin HS) 32 Joe Tuzze RB 5-11 215 Jr. Mayfield, Pa. (Lakeland HS) 24 Bryan Williams RB 6-0 200 Sr. Akron, Ohio (Buchtel HS/Valley Forge (Pa.) Acad.) BTW- What is the deal with spring practices, anyone heard how Matt Rodgers has looked in the practices?
Yes, with the coaching staff's pledge to stop recruiting running backs, we will certainly be hurting in this area in two years.

Bryan Williams has switched to Defensive Back.
This may be the dumbest move JD has made to date!!!!
Or the best. Andrew Johnson has, by almost all accounts, blown Williams (and every other RB on the roster) away in Spring practices last year, and continues to do so this year. It allows us to keep out best talents on the field without clogging up one position while simultaneously helping fill a thin spot at another position.

uakronkid....I have to agree with you. We have a great running back from Miami with only one year of eligibility, and a very thin secondary where we can plug in a great athlete like Williams. And I am sure Williams will still be returning kicks, which was where he made his biggest impact last year.As far as the QB position goes, does anyone really honestly feel as if anyone other than Jacquemain will be the starter at the beginning of the season?

uakronkid....I have to agree with you. We have a great running back from Miami with only one year of eligibility, and a very thin secondary where we can plug in a great athlete like Williams. And I am sure Williams will still be returning kicks, which was where he made his biggest impact last year.As far as the QB position goes, does anyone really honestly feel as if anyone other than Jacquemain will be the starter at the beginning of the season?
Matt Rogers has a damn good chance

If CJ is the starter, we are in trouble.

B)
Bryan Williams has switched to Defensive Back.
This may be the dumbest move JD has made to date!!!!
Or the best. Andrew Johnson has, by almost all accounts, blown Williams (and every other RB on the roster) away in Spring practices last year, and continues to do so this year. It allows us to keep out best talents on the field without clogging up one position while simultaneously helping fill a thin spot at another position.
B) obviously JD knows this will be his LAST year as a head coach here IF he doesn't win something significant...when you boot your best running back who has next level potential to defense for a SR who has never played a down at Akron and who will be gone next year...you are most certainly selling out for the here and now...hope it works..but what about the QB?

I like the move to RB for Williams. He's going to likely be an All-MAC corner and NFL prospect (probably not a prospect at RB), and Andrew Johnson will be the most talented RB in the MAC and also an NFL prospect. That being said, the game is won and lost @ the line of scrimmage, so hopefully the D-Line can stuff some people and hopefully our O-Line can open some holes! Additionally, I'm hoping against hope that Matt Rogers is head-and-shoulders above CJ at the QB spot. CJ was AWFUL last year. IMHO Rogers had better be MUCH, MUCH better than CJ was last year if we want to have a winning record this year.

i know johnson was one of the top rb's in the country before he went to miami.i am sure jd made this decision seeing johnson,and allen as the rb.johnson is lsited as 230 lbs,and if he is fast like in the high school films look out.we have never had a complete back at akron.we have had guys around 190 that run hard,but nobody 230 that has any kind of speed.

I'm not sure why we didn't offer a scholarship to Perry running back Eric Magnacca. I understand he was only offered preferred walk-on status by both OSU and Akron. He's super fast and tough (5' 10", 190 lbs) and will now be playing for Walsh University after working out a creative scholarship package.

I'm not sure why we didn't offer a scholarship to Perry running back Eric Magnacca. I understand he was only offered preferred walk-on status by both OSU and Akron. He's super fast and tough (5' 10", 190 lbs) and will now be playing for Walsh University after working out a creative scholarship package.
He may struggle for playing time at Walsh as they have numerous young running backs there including Tallman, Blossomgame, Corey, Reine', Sharif, Cox, Beichler and Papania.