kreed5120
Members-
Posts
7,418 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
143
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Blogs
Everything posted by kreed5120
-
I don't think the MAC is that proactive. Besides I think if the NCAA was talking about expanding regular season games those sort of conversations would leak long before any conference made a formal announcement regarding modifying their regular season. My guess is the MAC and ESPN are in negotiation for the next TV deal and ESPN wanting additional inventory probably offered the MAC X-number of dollars additional if they expanded to 9 games and MAC ADs decided they were good with it.
-
Instead of the playoffs continuously expanding I wish they would have just expanded the regular season to 13 games. Under that scenario all conferences could have expanded to 9 games, but also preserved 4 OOC games.
-
I said a week or so ago my best guess is they will just wait until the golf outing. Considering it's just 1 week away now that is seeming more and more likely.
-
It was before my time as well. I only listed it as a possibility one could argue because it filled the stadium. I don't really disagree with you.
-
20 years was the stadium naming rights deal. The initial bonds were 30 years, but I believe we issued new ones when the rates went down. I think we will be paying on Infocision until around 2045. Edit: Speaking of which Akron is going to need to find a new stadium sponsor soon. Between Infocision and Summa, they're paying a combined $750K per year. In 2028 that goes away. The same year we go to 9 conference games. We definitely won't be in a position to play only 1 P5 game without a stadium sponsor.
-
Not to mention Akron's most successful promotion perhaps ever (ACME Zips maybe only exception) was the OC for a drive promotion. No way Akron is going to do that type of promotion against a UNLV, Marshall, Jacksonville St, etc. Joe only agreed to it against RMU because he saw the financial upside it could bring to the program and knew even if the first drive didn't go anywhere that Akron should be able to win comfortably. That's not the case against other G6 programs.
-
Even B1G and SEC still schedule FCS schools to pad win totals. MAC teams aren't going to eliminate those games as coaches need those wins to help inflate their records.
-
I saw this and was about to post. I'm not sure I'm a fan of this. Programs like Akron really need to schedule 2 P5 games a year to keep the lights on. Add on the 1 FCS game and that really doesn't give us an opportunity to play any of the other G6 schools. The only positive I can maybe see, especially if other G6 conferences follow suit, is this could make those game guarantees go up in value since it creates more scarcity.
-
It's worth noting they have an extra week to prepare for us since they don't play this weekend.
-
I wasn't a fan of Joe at the start of last season because he often seemed to focus on the negatives and didn't seem like someone who was capable of turning lemons into lemonade. Not that I ever was calling for his job because frankly I knew the program couldn't afford to fire him financially. In the months leading up to the season, and especially during the promotion, he has grown on me. He has seemed to embrace making the most of what he has and was a great ambassador of the University after the promotion went viral. I hope he can succeed here, which in the current state would be winning 6-7 games a season. Edit: This is probably the most invested I've been in Akron football in a decade+.
-
Big Cat gave Akron another shout out during the PMT podcast today. https://x.com/VivaLaStool/status/2099468793936536040
-
UNLV still is very likely the more talented team athletically. We need any advantage we can get.
-
You're sleeping on Woodford Wheat
-
I don't really know anything about the brand to know if this is something to be excited over or not. I'll have to ask some of my friends who are more into the craft liquor scene for their take. I would probably pick up a bottle regardless for my liquor cabinet if they produce an Akron branded bottle. Whether I continue buying after that would depend on the quality.
-
I would expect copycat promotions next year, but yeah they should definitely still do it. Selling experiences is both fun for fans and gets people talking about the school. It seemed from the videos even the players had a good time with it. Maybe not specifically this, but they should brainstorm something to do for mens basketball at the very least. Perhaps mens soccer as well.
-
Well that's because of the thousands of tickets purchased by people who don't even live in Ohio lol.
-
Akron's first TD came on Shark Wheel. Homage to Big Cat. https://x.com/ZipsFB/status/2098957505120407686
-
Bold of you to assume one or both won't be on a Tulane, Purdue, WMU, etc roster next year.
-
Arbys should have just bought up all the advertising spots. 30 second ad on ESPN+ is pocket change to them.
-
Not like it's even airing on broadcast TV. I can't imagine ESPN+ ads generate any significant revenue.
-
Wake converted a 4th and 15 in 2OT and then proceeded to score a TD and convert a 2pt try to win 38-36.
-
You can't blame Marty for that one at least. Edit: they were moving the ball at least. 3 and out or pick would have been the worst outcome.
-
Only 70 players are allowed to travel. It wouldn't seem to make sense to spend one of those spots on a player who isn't eligible to play.
-
Going to OT. On par with the bottom of the B1G is about what I expected. Still means they can win 6-7 in the ACC.
-
They became the sponsor for this OC challenge.
