Bowden delivered for the U, first bowl win, MAC East title, signature P5 upsets, including first B10 win, most wins in a season as a D1 team, 4 consecutive Wagon Wheel wins, etc.... so far, LW just blows a lot of hot air. The firing of Bowden will only be a success if he replaces him with some one who produces superior results. So claiming the firing demonstrates his competence is ignorant until we are a couple of seasons removed.
Strikes against him:
1. No change in game attendance,
2. No dramatic improvements in the budget
3. Firing a head coach two weeks before signing day without having a replacement ready. Who knows what the fallout from that will cost the program
4. Sounds like he went soft with negotiations with Nebraska, despite all of the bravado for the press
5. Was at the helm when decision to focus on recruiting primarily in Ohio was made
6. No notable accomplishments