2015 Season Predictions/discussion

Balsy

Way to early prediction time. Weigh in everyone. QB, RB, biggest problems. Whatever pre-season thoughts.

Most importantly what are our expectations for the season? I’m a big Bowden supporter, however this year I’m willing to put a number on it: 7-5. Anything less than that I am officially off the Bowden defense squad and will begin to re-evaluate. However I think, with this schedule, we can do better than that.

QB: Tra’Von Chapman

Expectation: 7-5, But I wouldn’t mind 9-3. :thumb:

Biggest Problem: WRs. (Preseason this is what I think our biggest problem is. Some of the young guys, and those still on the roster, are going to need to step up and fill the gap left by D'Orazio and Smith).

History: I think the Zips are going to make history this year (again) and win the most games at Infocision Stadium.

@ Oklahoma

Prediction: Loss

vs. Pittsburgh

Prediction: Win

vs. Savannah St

@ Lousiana

vs. Ohio

@ E. Michigan

@ Bowling Green

vs. C. Michigan

@ UMass

@ Miami

vs. Buffalo

vs. Can't

I'll wait until after the spring game to guess at a few early games. It's impossible for me to make any kind of educated guess at this juncture. I've never been a fan of guessing an outcome of a game in October/November/December before the season starts, unless you can tell me all the starting lineups, what team beat what team earlier, and injury lists. I have to see both teams play, to have any kind of opinion. I'm no Phil Steele.

If I have to guess now, I'll second LZip, and say we go undefeated. :rolleyes:

But I really don't think we will get into the College Football Playoff for the National Championship. ;)

• Like 1

I'm on my phone at lunch so I won't bother to try and go game by game, but guessing we go 5-1 at home (Loss to Pitt, they'll be ready this time), and 3-3 on the road (losses to Oklahoma, Louisiana, and BG).

8-4 and a new Zips FBS record for wins. And a MAC east championship.

All joking aside, how far would the Zips go if they went 13-0 with this sched and MACC? Would they even crack the playoff rankings?

All joking aside, how far would the Zips go if they went 13-0 with this sched and MACC? Would they even crack the playoff rankings?

Knowing that Marshall got to 11-0 last year, and we're barely an afterthought in the playoff rankings, I think we sadly know that there would never be a chance of ever getting into a football playoff under the current system that will always reward the biggest names with the largest fan bases.

While there's no scenario that would get the Zips into the top 4, they would most certainly make the top 25 playoff rankings if they beat every team on their schedule including Oklahoma and Pitt. Marshall had no signature wins last season on the level of an Oklahoma, so the Zips would likely be ranked higher than Marshall was last season. But it's all in our wildest dreams.

• Like 1

True, no school outside the Power 5 is making the playoff (except maybe a Boise or BYU and they're long shots) as long as its four teams. The real question would be if the Zips went 13-0, would they get into one of the "New Years Six" bowl games or would that spot go to an AAC or Mountain West team?

Not that I see a 13-0 season forthcoming but its still a good topic when talking about schedules.

Here's my big overall question mark for this year, and it's been discussed many times already.

We lost a hefty Sr. class, so it would seem that there's some big holes to fill, plus D'Orazio.

So, were these guys all good enough to keep the younger guys on the bench, or were we "saving" the young guys?

I hope we were saving the young guys to some extent, even though I have my doubts that a coach would do that. If the Sr. class was just better, I think there's little chance that we have the ammo to surpass that 5-win plateau in 2015.

If this Zips would go undefeated they are certainly going to be in a New Year's day/BCS bowl/whatever they want to call the big bowl games now. I don't see any team from the "other 5" ever making the playoff in the current format. They would certainly be ranked higher than Marshall was when they were undefeated last season. Marshall somehow managed to avoid playing any team from a P5 conference. Schedules don't get any easier than that.

The players give the names of those getting tickets for the game earlier in the week..then those people pick up the tickets at gate 2 for home games..they need to provide a photo ID to get them..

If a player doesn't need his tickets they usually give them to another player that does. .say the player is from Georgia and the game is in Buffalo he may give his tickets to players from NY that need more tickets for family and friends. ..

I see ..... So I am speculating that there are a number of tickets not used if you do the math (both home and more on the road)... Could the tickets be given to local youth clubs, schools, charity etc ?

I'm sure if it was doable, the marketing folks would be on it ...... Or maybe something like that does happen currently

Just a thought

I see ..... So I am speculating that there are a number of tickets not used if you do the math (both home and more on the road)... Could the tickets be given to local youth clubs, schools, charity etc ?

I'm sure if it was doable, the marketing folks would be on it ...... Or maybe something like that does happen currently

Just a thought

UA should probably already be doing that with the lack of attendance already. But I suppose that'd be devaluing the product right...

I didn't realize this before, but two (2) MAC teams are taking on the almighty State Ohio University Suckeyes in Cowlumbus this coming season. It'll be interesting to see how the best of the MAC fairs against the defending National Champion.

Hello all. I always love coming up to Akron at least once a year and this year it will be for the Ohio game. Since it is homecoming I am guessing it will be a day game. Does anyone have any ideas on that question. I am trying to make out a schedule for 2015 and I like to get in as many doubleheaders as possible. Game time will decide that as Ohio-Akron is the must see that day. Hope you guys have a great season except when you play us and looking forward to 10/3.

Hello all. I always love coming up to Akron at least once a year and this year it will be for the Ohio game. Since it is homecoming I am guessing it will be a day game. Does anyone have any ideas on that question. I am trying to make out a schedule for 2015 and I like to get in as many doubleheaders as possible. Game time will decide that as Ohio-Akron is the must see that day. Hope you guys have a great season except when you play us and looking forward to 10/3.

:wave: Welcome back!

No one can say for sure what time the game will be. Last year it was 2:00. A couple years ago it was 2:00. Three years ago it was at 2:00. Based on the trend, I'd be willing to say it's more than likely 2:00. :D

7-5 with the Wagon Wheel returning and a bowl appearance, which should get recruiting and attendance trending in the right direction

Ya,I think 7-5 would be great. But,afraid it still might be a little optimistic. 6-6 with at least 5 of those in the MAC gets you in the hunt for the division. 6 wins in the MAC likely gets you the division. THATS all that counts. Lotta people assuming another win over Pitt. Maybe, but thats not one I'm counting on for the 6. Only non-conference 'must' is Savannah. After that season 'starts' with the first MAC game.

This team still has critical question marks. Granted, overall talent,especially on defense is better than when Bowden got here. But,when you aren't settled at QB,WR and lost the leading rusher at this point in the proceedings its hard to make definitive statements about what this program can do.