Selection Sunday and the Zips

GJGood

2 minutes ago, zippyman23 said:

The season is over four months long. The final two days doesn't drastically change things.

I completely understand and respect that, but you're telling me that on the Friday before Selection Sunday, you already have all but 3 teams pegged for the tournament when there are still how many conference tournaments to be decided?

My issue is there's all of this talk about teams who are possibly on the bubble, and a good showing in their conference tournament could get them in, but there are only about 3 spots left.

11 minutes ago, lilroodude said:

I completely understand and respect that, but you're telling me that on the Friday before Selection Sunday, you already have all but 3 teams pegged for the tournament when there are still how many conference tournaments to be decided?

My issue is there's all of this talk about teams who are possibly on the bubble, and a good showing in their conference tournament could get them in, but there are only about 3 spots left.

There still would have been more than 3 spots left to filled. For instance, both Purdue/Michigan State and Texas A&M/Kentucky who are playing now would have been included as 4 of the 33 teams. 2 of them will earn auto-bids, so that frees up 2 more at large spots. Similar story for the Big 12 and ACC championship yesterday.

Edited by zippyman23

For reference, the 2012 Zips team that got a 5 seed in the NIT had an RPI of 55 with an SOS of 81 and a 21-11 record. 

Kent in 2010 had an RPI of 47, SOS of 96, and a 22-9 record. 

This 2016 Zips team has an RPI of 41,  SOS of 122, and record of 25-8 (realtime rpi does not count games against non-Div 1 opponents). 

Looks like we will probably be a 4 or 5 seed in the NIT. 

1 hour ago, bUAkronG said:

For reference, the 2012 Zips team that got a 5 seed in the NIT had an RPI of 55 with an SOS of 81 and a 21-11 record. 

Kent in 2010 had an RPI of 47, SOS of 96, and a 22-9 record. 

This 2016 Zips team has an RPI of 41,  SOS of 122, and record of 25-8 (realtime rpi does not count games against non-Div 1 opponents). 

Looks like we will probably be a 4 or 5 seed in the NIT. 

Also, this year the MAC as a whole was ranked much higher than in those other years referenced. This team really deserves a good NIT seed. Instead of being a. Home seed vs. away seed conversation it should probably be a one home game vs. two home game conversation in a chalk bracket at least. We should be on the line between a two or three seed in the NIT at minimum.

I fully expect, though, that a 5 or 6 seed is coming. If that ends up putting us at a much lower ranked Ohio State then we know the numbers were fudged to get the matchups they wanted. We should be ahead of OSU easily but I fear this committee won't let that happen unless they must.

4 minutes ago, Balsy said:

On CBS when they announced Buffalo they said "FIrst team out of the MAC"...do they know something we don't!?!?!? (I'm kidding...but seriously, why are announcement programs two hours long!?)

I caught that! It must be a Tuesday in Dayton......

Zips not even on the 'Bubble Board.' yet for some reason Ohio State is. Why do we let ourselves think the corrupt ass NCAA would give us a chance? Like earlier let's just watch at 8:30 and hope one of those top 4 seeds in the different regions in the NIT. 

Edited by bUAkronG

2 minutes ago, bUAkronG said:

Zips not even on the 'Bubble Board.' yet for some reason Ohio State is. Why do we let ourselves think the corrupt ass NCAA would give us a chance? Like earlier let's just watch at 8:30 and hope one of those top 4 seeds in the different regions. 

But there's other Mid Majors on that list, and we are ranked higher than MANY of them.

:puke: