If I was the Haslams right about now I'd be second guessing my purchase.  I have watched three Crew matches on FoxSports Ohio and have been appalled by the fanbase who made such a fuss about saving them and staying in Columbus, only to see more yellow seats in the stadium than ones filled with real live fans.  I was assured by Columbus fans that the fanbase would come out in force....where are they?  Right now watching vs. Portland, and that's the best you can do Columbus?  The entire upper deck is empty, and other than about 50% in the middle, the last third of each end is empty on the bottom....What gives?

• Sad 1

I'm not sure about that. Progressive Field is pretty empty this time of year as well and baseball is much more popular than soccer in these parts. Haslam is suppose to be building a downtown stadium. That should help attendance a great deal.

What percentage capacity tonight vs. DC United?  35%.?  Less?

16 hours ago, fknbuflobo said:

What percentage capacity tonight vs. DC United?  35%.?  Less?

my guess was just about 40%, but they sure kept the angles of the upper deck pretty tight...like a Zips football game!

According to Columbus Business First:

Columbus may have successfully saved its Major League Soccer team, but the community-wide campaign to #SavetheCrew isn't translating to more fans in the seats so far this season.

According to Soccer Stadium Digest, the Crew SC ranks 18th out of 22 teams in Major League Soccer for attendance this season, averaging around 12,383 per home game and a grand total of 49,533 fans this season.

"Attendance numbers could be better," Pete Edwards, the team's co-owner, said in an email.

"We are working to provide a winning team on the pitch that fans will want to support and see play," Edwards said. "We want a great game day experience so fans enjoy coming to games and we want to partner with the community so fans are proud of their team. It is a process that we are fully committed to and we are sure that attendance will build as the community gets excited about their team."

Here's the game-by-game breakdown of the season attendance so far, provided by a team spokesman:

March 2: 17,931 fans

March 30: 9,687 fans

April 6: 10,942 fans

Yuck....