Jump to content

Zippy87

Members
  • Posts

    1,903
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    37

Everything posted by Zippy87

  1. I don't think Freitag will return and if he does, I think he will be limited, so I'm rooting for Buffalo #7 and UMass #8. Miami potentially getting UMass, Toledo, then us as their path would be pretty grueling from a physical perspective.
  2. The thread topic is "MAC 2025-26 SZN". We have individual game threads and "2025-26 Season in process" threads to discuss the Zips specifically. The purpose of this thread is general MAC discussion. Edit: kreed beat me to it
  3. Serious question - what non-Akron MAC topic is as interesting as Miami right now that you expect people to be discussing in this thread instead?
  4. I agree Miami has received special treatment this year, but here is my question. If it is Akron vs Miami in the Final, wouldn't it be better for the MAC to favor Akron in that game, knowing Miami almost certainly gets in as well?
  5. I guess it depends on what the injiry/re-injury was against us. If it was another concussion, they have to be very careful with that.
  6. Will he be back? He hasn't played since the game against us.
  7. Additional notes: - Buffalo and Toledo have not played each other this season - BGSU defeated EMU at home, 85-79 - Ball State defeated CMU on the road, 68-67 - If Toledo or Central Michigan lose, UMass is the #8 seed
  8. Only games that matter to determine our 1st Round opponent are: CMU at Ball State BGSU at EMU Buffalo at Toledo Scenario 1: Ball State, EMU, UT all win Result: #7 Buffalo, #8 UMass Scenario 2: Ball State, EMU, UB all win Result: #7 BGSU, #8 UMass Scenario 3: Ball State, BGSU, UT all win Result: #7 Buffalo, #8 UMass Scenario 4: Ball State, BGSU, UB all win Result: #7 Buffalo, #8 UMass Scenario 5: CMU, EMU, UT all win Result: #7 UMass, #8 CMU Scenario 6: CMU, EMU, UB all win Result: #7 BGSU, #8 UMass Scenario 7: CMU, BGSU, UT all win Result: #7 UMass, #8 CMU Scenario 8: CMU, BGSU, UB all win Result: #7 Buffalo, #8 UMass (Feel free to check my work!)
  9. I want and expect a win, but my biggest hope is to get through these next two games healthy.
  10. I've seen some discussion surrounding Miami that Sayler would only play P4 teams if they agreed to a home-and-home. He obviously knows that isn't happening, so I have to assume this was intentional and he could still try the "nobody would play us!" nonsense.
  11. I do. Embarrassing behavior that makes the MAC looks bad.
  12. Still can't believe he wasn't ejected.
  13. Bulls are currently the #8 seed despite the loss.
  14. If UMass, CMU, and Buffalo all finished tied, they would get the 7, 8, and 9 seeds, respectively. UMass at Ohio on Tuesday will have an impact on who we end up playing in the 1st round.
  15. As things currently stand, UMass is on the outside looking in. Buffalo also slipped up today at home against CMU. Bracket is updated as of 4 PM.
  16. I wonder if Fear the Roo Collective could sell more gear and make some $$$ in the process.
  17. I got tired of waiting on good hats to be released...I finally bought a blank hat and connected with a local business who embroidered the Zips logo on it for me. It looks really good.
  18. This is a bit extreme, but I do miss the days of the MAC rewarding the top 2 seeds with byes.
  19. Akron clinched being no lower than the #2 seed with the win tonight.
  20. It will be interesting to see if the MAC does anything at all with Travis Steele's crash out. It's one thing to argue with referees, but damaging the other school's equipment and then getting into it with a freaking opposing team's DJ in the tunnel is completely unacceptable from a head coach at any level. I'm guessing they'll let him slide because they're milking every bit of attention Miami is getting, but that was an embarrassing display from Steele tonight.
  21. Evan and Halligan can't be on the court very long together. Teams have started to sag off Evan and they're fine with Zach shooting, too.
  22. Unreal. I'm sure the MAC won't discipline him, either.
×
×
  • Create New...