Jump to content

Zippy87

Members
  • Posts

    1,903
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    37

Everything posted by Zippy87

  1. Wait, was Steele not ejected?
  2. Any word on the severity of Skaljac's injury?
  3. Apparently he pushed someone, too. Should be a suspension.
  4. I hope this isn't a case of an AD changing to change so they can add something to their resume (Ex: Guthrie with the rebrand). I'm assuming how they value us relates to our contract amount. If it is a significant difference and the increase in money can be spent on the roster, then sure, let's change. But if it's close or something else not relevant, I hope he reconsiders. Nike is the premier basketball shoe provider. Jordan's, LeBron's, Kobe's, Sabrina's and even Ja's are very popular with young players. Having even a small connection to the greatest basketball player of all-time and being one of only a handful of schools to receive and wear his shoes isn't nothing either.
  5. I'd be bummed to see us leave Nike, I absolutely love Nike gear and its quality. I'd rather them focus on getting out of whatever nonsensical Barnes and Noble contract they have that prevents them from selling a better selection of items than move away from Nike.
  6. Fouls have become an issue for Freeman, as he has fouled out in two straight games. Today - 28 minutes, 13 points, 12 rebounds 2/22 - 30 minutes, 29 points, 12 rebounds, 4 blocks, 2 steals They've mostly been using him at the 4 recently.
  7. Because the MAC has 13 teams this year, UMass only has two games remaining. They're off March 6th, the final night of conference play.
  8. UMass with a rough loss against Ball State. Bracket is updated.
  9. Saw this at Dick's Sporting Goods in Fairlawn today. Odd color choice?
  10. DHGate or work with a local shop to do a custom. That's about the only option, unfortunately.
  11. I'm hoping Freeman can find a better situation next season. It doesn't seem like Minnesota has plans for him on the NBA roster.
  12. Buffalo is now #7, UMass #8
  13. The UMass-BG game on February 28th could end being pretty big in terms of the seed UMass ends up with.
  14. Who is more interesting in the league this year to discuss in the "MAC 2025-26 SZN" thread?
  15. 37 of our 46 points from Tavari/Amani so far
  16. Need to get Scott going.
  17. I think the Miami discussion can be simplified pretty easily: 1) They are a very good team, and winning as much as they have is very difficult to do. 2) Their run was made possible in part because of one of the easiest OOC schedules in the country and a fortunate MAC schedule (no game at Akron, only one game vs Kent State). Both of these can be true at the same time.
  18. If Miami doesn't get an at-large, Miami only has themselves to blame. They knew they had a really good team this year and still rolled with one of the worst OOC schedules in D1.
  19. Not saying Buffalo is anything special, but they've been without their top scorer, Daniel Freitag, their last three games. He's avering 20/4/4 on the season, so it's a pretty significant piece missing from their lineup.
  20. Buffalo did give Miami two close games, and should have won at least one of them. But otherwise, yeah, this could set up unbelievably well for them.
  21. Updated the OP. Akron needs 1 win to clinch a top 3 seed.
  22. I may end up being wrong, but I thibk Miami loses in the MAC Tournament, and, if they do get an at-large, gets crushed in the NCAA Tournament. I don't believe they are battle-tested against higher levels teams, and I do think that matters in March. We will find out. Both teams shot well below their season averages in that game. Why do you only bring that up for Miami? 🤔
  23. I didn't say they can't beat them, but no, I don't think they would have beat them. You're way too focused on Vegas lines instead of trusting your eyes and team metrics. Miami is a really good team. They also played absolutely nobody OOC. It's working for them, so more power to them. But it doesn't mean I think if they traded places with us this year that they wouldn't have 3-4 losses, at least.
  24. Tavari: 12.0 MPG, 4.1 PPG, .456 FG%, .447 3PT%, 1.2 APG, 0.4 SPG, 1.0 TOPG Sharron: 18.8 MPG, 7.1 PPG, .383 FG%, .293 3PT%, 1.8 APG, 0.8 SPG, 0.9 TOPG I'd say Sharron takes care of the ball better than Tavari did as a sophomore, and is much better defensively. Tavari was a much more effefective shooter/scorer. I still wonder if moving Sharron out of the starting lineup for a few games would take some pressure off of him. He seems like he is pressing a bit as a scorer.
×
×
  • Create New...