Jump to content

Zippy87

Members
  • Posts

    1,903
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    37

Everything posted by Zippy87

  1. I can't imagine Groce leaving a really good situation for a gig where they aren't fully invested in the program.
  2. I'm hoping our gameplan is to attack the hoop like we did in the 2nd half against Toledo. It helps create a more efficient offense and opens up better looks on the perimeter.
  3. Understanding the Advanced Statistics Behind the Texas Tech and Akron first-round Matchup https://share.google/Vo4bGxWdCKmulP4Va Really good preview here.
  4. Ohio will look very different next season. https://x.com/i/status/2034663924998484474
  5. What do you think? 1) Shammah Scott's game-winner vs Toledo (2026) 2) Akron beats Kent in OT on Marshall/McNees blocks, wins MAC Title (2011) 3) Nate Johnson's game-winner vs Miami (2025) 4) Akron beats Kent by 1 after Tribble hits FTs following KSU mental mistake (2024) 5) Short-handed Zips destroy OU in MAC Title game (2013) 6) Akron beats Kent by 20, wins first MAC Title under Groce (2022) 7) Akron beats Buffalo for first MAC Title (2009) 8) Akron beats Kent in regular season finale, wins MAC regular season title (2020) 9) Akron beats Toledo in OT on last-second alley-oop in MAC Tournament 10) Akron beats EMU in 2OT after McNees hits a buzzer-beating 3 to send it to OT Honorable Mention: Jimond Ivey sets the school’s single-game scoring record with 48 points against Ball State (2018)
  6. If Isaiah Johnson is the new precedent, there's a solid case for Tavari to have #5 hanging in the JAR at some point.
  7. Updated to include Tavari. I'll update it again once the season is over.
  8. This "tournamemt win" should be enough to get Steele a ron of offers. I think he is gone as soon as their run ends Friday.
  9. SMU is...not good.
  10. These the refs that ejected Evan? Lol
  11. Miami is playing floptastic
  12. https://x.com/i/status/2031804370619167005
  13. Elmer is their best player and I don't think it is especially close.
  14. Hilarious to see them not get every call like they're used to.
  15. I have been updating MAC transfers in the recruiting subforum, I believe I have them all so far.
  16. Some new gear through BSN
  17. If Miami loses, did they make the NCAA Tournament?
  18. Tavari was on IG live with the redshirt freshmen after the championship and was saying, "These guys are going to get #4 next year!"
  19. I think Groce is the best coach in program history. The culture, the MAC Tournament success, all of it. With that said, he doesn't take the job in the first place if KD - who I also consider an all-time great - doesn't build it into a program with a winning tradition. Sometimes I take a step back and think about how fortunate we have been to have 13 seasons of KD followed by 9 seasons of Groce.
  20. Shammah Scott needs 8 points to reach 1,000 for his career.
  21. I definitely think whoever wins the three-point shooting battle wins the game. We shot 32% this weekend (26/82), so that will have to improve a bit. It should go without saying, but we need to do much better at the FT line too- shooting 57% (31/54) like we did this weekend won't cut it.
  22. Just bought the FTR Collective hoodie this morning, excited to get it!
  23. Coach Groce got choked up yesterday at the Watch Party talking about Bud Wentz and how he believed in his vision for the program when he first came in. He genuinely seems to love Akron and being here. I'm not saying programs won't reach out - they wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't - but I would be surprised if he left.
  24. Absolutely, I should have been more clear - I just mean finding a starting caliber post. It's highly unlikely they find someone as good as Amani right now in the portal. As you said, maybe someone already good enough on defense that they can develop offensively. I'll be curious to see what happens with Chabi, too.
  25. Can anyone please tell me what material the FTR Collective hoodie is and if it is lightweight or more of a normal/cold weather hoodie?
×
×
  • Create New...