Jump to content

zippy5

Members
  • Posts

    8,127
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    141

Everything posted by zippy5

  1. Yeah what the heck did he do to them besides win?
  2. Heck I'd settle for a final four.
  3. Yeah Groce was on the verge of making the MAC his b****
  4. Don't you do this
  5. As long as he isn't getting excessive Ts I don't really care. I'll be busy watching the players. Take a gander at OU's board to see their thoughts. They kinda really hate this, so it's as if they liked the guy.
  6. I'd like regular season and tournament titles, please and thank you.
  7. He went to the Sweet Sixteen and won 3 tournament games at OU. He won 1 less MAC tournament in 4 years than KD did in 13. The only thing I don't like about it is that we will go through the Groce leaving rumors pretty much every offseason if he's successful. Such is mid major life
  8. I was on Brown street right behind Speedway. Great spot for the Ianello football holocaust. The only downside was there was a fence between our place and taco bell so we had to walk the entire way around Speedway. Ugh!
  9. I don't really care if they're from Gage Street or Iran if they can play. I just think there are some players in our backyard that we should have a leg up on competition. i.e. if said kid was from Miami we wouldn't have a shot.
  10. While we shouldn't concentrate on just area players, we should do a little better job of keeping the top tier guys home. Start from there and spread out when they aren't available.
  11. That was inspiring
  12. I don't think that's right
  13. Indiana used one. Georgetown used one to come up with Ewing.
  14. The thing with the search firm is that pretty much everyone uses them. It's a low hanging fruit to argue with
  15. My actual thoughts are very similar to what CK posted in another thread. There's value in going in another direction and finding something new. There's value in continuity, as heck, the past 13 years were pretty good. But most importantly, it has to be right. There are splash hires that can create excitement, but everyone forgets that pretty quickly if you're sitting in the middle of the MAC in February.
  16. When it comes down to it, this is kind of what we want right? We had the MAC regular season success but no postseason success. That's a trade I'm okay with making. He had LeVert committed there before he left - they were on track to take the next step. I wish we had a coach that could get our guys playing well at the end of the year.
  17. He was ESPN's 30th best player that year. Groce also recruited N'Dour and Kellogg
  18. Most people would. KD was the exception
  19. That's pushing it
  20. Sure, they need some interest in some guys for their next hire
×
×
  • Create New...