Zips/Ball State Prediction Time!

joshgozips

OK, Zips-nationers, there's been plenty of discussion about tomorrow's home opener, but everyone put on your "Carnac The Magnificent" elaborate turbans and look into your crystal footballs. Time to gaze to Saturday, September 13th at about 4:00 (after the clock hits 0:00 in the fourth quarter) at the Rubber Bowl.Who is going to be the victor in the game tomorrow afternoon and what is the score going to be?

Zips defense hold up against the run a little bit better this game, and get some stops. Even still, Ball St. ends up scoring 31 points in the game.Once again, Zips offense goes on massive assault, and like the Syracuse game, does more than enough not just to match opponent scores, but also to get ahead in the game. We don't do as well getting first downs as last game, but still get a fair number of big plays from scrimmage.Zips win 38 - 31

Predictions? I SO wish I could answer with a take on that great Clubber Lang line from Rocky 3, as in “one word……..BAIN!!!”, but alas this is probably not the week for that :( Therefore, I am also going to ride the weather theme. The Zips fine stable of running backs rumble and slosh for over 250 combined yards with Jack managing the game well and doing enough in the air to keep the Cards honest. Ball St. outgains us in total offense by a fair margin, but BWill and Andre Jones EACH have long interception returns to swing the balance ever so slightly in the Zips favor :rock: Zips 40Ball St. 38And if I’m wrong, hey it’ll still be Octoberfest at Ohio Brewing! :CK_brew:

+3 - Home field advantage+3 - Zips usually win one they are not suppose to.+7 - Zips get community excited about possibly being MAC Champs-14 - Zips usually get blow out once a year and destroy any hopes of being MAC Champs+7 - We have great special teams play+7 - Our receivers are better than expected- 7 - Everyone and their mama knows the 3-3-5 weakness (Nate Davis is mobile enough)=Low scoring game due to weatherAkron +27Ball State -21GO Zips!!!

Rain During Game: Akron 21 Ball State 20No Rain During Game: Ball State 42 Akron 30As I said previously, I think our depth and talent at RB will win the game, if the conditions are poor.
I agree. Though Nate Davis recognized for ALWAYS wearing gloves at QB, I don't think the weather will affect this game as much as a lot of people think. Ball State would throw LESS in a rain game, but it wouldn't eliminate that aspect. That being said, the Zips would still have a significant advantage in a poor weather game with our stable of RBs. Zips in a tight one (rains all day)....24-20.

BSU is favored by 7 with an over/under of 58. Therefore,Let x = Zips score and let y = Ball score.So x = y - 7 and x + y = 58.Substituting x we get y - 7 + y = 582y - 7 = 582y = 65y = 65/2 = 32.5 and x = 32.5-7 = 25.5Then applying the homer upset reversal function, we getx = Zips score = 32.5 andy = Ball score = 25.5Therefore...Zips Win !!

BSU is favored by 7 with an over/under of 58. Therefore,Let x = Zips score and let y = Ball score.So x = y - 7 and x + y = 58.Substituting x we get y - 7 + y = 582y - 7 = 582y = 65y = 65/2 = 32.5 and x = 32.5-7 = 25.5Then applying the homer upset reversal function, we getx = Zips score = 32.5 andy = Ball score = 25.5Therefore...Zips Win !!
I love it ZR!!! Bravo!!!! :bow:

Much of what we see in the world can be explained mathematically. Bravo is right - can't wait to show my son that the crap he's learning in math at school REALLY does have real-world application! (not sure I remember the 'homer upset reversal function' but that's OK ...)

:lol: you can make numbers mean whatever you want...if 15,000 show up at the OL' Bowl tomorrow...ZIPS WIN,ZIPS WIN ZIPS WIN,unless testicle tech scores more points....however, if the Zips keep it close through the 3rd Q by running and hallelhua, the D slows down the cards offense, ZIPS WIN, ZIPS WIN,ZIPS WIN...if bsu rolls early...look out...

DK and Alex Allen light it up for 125 yards + a piece and Zips take it 24-17
38-28-Ball State. We have no d-line
let's not forget that it is raining like the second coming of the great flood, lots of total yards wont necessarily mean lots of points. I'm seeing fumbles and drive halting tackles for losses on people slipping. Our D-Line is ready to step up, they can't play much worse, so have some confidence.