Akron Can't

zippie

This should be a good game, unfortunately I don't think we have the talent to beat can't- There's always next year it seems to be all we ever say
well welcome to Zipsnation sgt_zip but i have to disagree. We have plenty of talent just not enough heart yet. I think the shock of playing in front of their first real home crowd will set alot of these young guys off. If they can just jump ahead early and hit some big shots (dunks, 3 pointers), this game could turn real ugly for Cant.

I say, if we need some excitement, and some rebounds, put Swiech in. Last time he was in, he dunked it and the JAR shook like no other. I do think we have the heart and talent to win this game; it's execution that worries me. We haven't had shooters step up. Guys are committing stupid fouls. I think if we play smart and execute well, we will at least have a chance to win. Key players on my list:BARDO! He NEEDS to be a force inside. The McKnight Brothers! Need to be a force inside and outside. McNees! Needs to regain his lost confidence. Just my 2 cents. GO ZIPS!P.S. My basketball game wasn't rescheduled so I can make the game! :thumb:

I say, if we need some excitement, and some rebounds, put Swiech in. Last time he was in, he dunked it and the JAR shook like no other. I do think we have the heart and talent to win this game; it's execution that worries me. We haven't had shooters step up. Guys are committing stupid fouls. I think if we play smart and execute well, we will at least have a chance to win. Key players on my list:BARDO! He NEEDS to be a force inside. The McKnight Brothers! Need to be a force inside and outside. McNees! Needs to regain his lost confidence. Just my 2 cents. GO ZIPS!P.S. My basketball game wasn't rescheduled so I can make the game! :thumb:
good to hear that you will be able to make it, but i think the Swiech dunk made the whole JAR shake because everyone was laughing at him pounding his chest after a dunk that made the score 65-31 or something along those lines.Don't get me wrong i like to see a player show some emotion, but that really made me laugh.

but i think the Swiech dunk made the whole JAR shake because everyone was laughing at him pounding his chest after a dunk that made the score 65-31 or something along those lines.Don't get me wrong i like to see a player show some emotion, but that really made me laugh.
No way, I was pumped when he did that ~ bite your tongue!

This should be a good game, unfortunately I don't think we have the talent to beat can't- There's always next year it seems to be all we ever say
I agree. K.e.n.t. is WHITE HOT this season. There's no chance we can run with them. We can only pray that no one gets hurt.
Come on Cap'n. The guy is a new member and he's just expressing an opinion. Ease up on the sarcasm a bit man.

Come on Cap'n. The guy is a new member and he's just expressing an opinion. Ease up on the sarcasm a bit man.
I can't help it. If 8-10 K.e.n.t. is coming into our house, and someone wants to post (on the UA board) that we don't have the talent to beat them...well...you gotta be prepared to prepared to defend the point, or take a little heat.That said...to prove I'm not totally unreasonable...I'll remove the .gif. Acceptable compromise?

I can't help it. If 8-10 K.e.n.t. is coming into our house, and someone wants to post (on the UA board) that we don't have the talent to beat them...well...you gotta be prepared to prepared to defend the point, or take a little heat.That said...to prove I'm not totally unreasonable...I'll remove the .gif. Acceptable compromise?
I just thought it was the reverse psychology thing; say they are bad and won't win so they do.

man the .gif was what made it...too bad

I missed the .gif :( I want to see the .gif!

I missed the .gif :( I want to see the .gif!
Ditto.

Great win for the Zips. This is the kind of game that we can really build on. I was honestly never that worried about the game. Even in the 2nd half when Can't got themselves back in the game. It was like watching a rerun of their game against Miami last week. They went down big in the first half. Came back to get the game close early in the 2nd, then folded once they got it there. Can't is not a good team this year. They are just not the same without Q underneath. This is a team that could easily be bounced out of the MACC in the first round. See what all that JUCO recruiting and lack of team chemistry does for ya?Obviously Brett McKnight is the story of the game. 10-11 from the field, 29 points, 6 rebounds. He carried the team most of the game. Not that there weren't other contributing, but if we can get that kind of a game out of Brett every night, or at least something close to it....watch out.Chris had another nice game. He finally seems to be over the rib injury and is turning into that consistent inside scoring threat that we really need out there.Nik had a pretty nice game. He was aggressive on the boards and played very much under control. His emotion is still huge, and it showed when he came out and hit that first shot, but he's starting to learn how to harness that energy.Roberts frustrated the hell out of Al Fisher (who by the way, might be the worst MAC POTY EVER). Fisher looks like a shell of his former self. It wasn't just the fouls, he turned the ball over, took some of the wildest shots I've ever seen down the stretch and generally did nothing to help his team win.We didn't do a great job on their big guy Simpson down low. But at the same time, he wasn't doing a whole lot to stop us down low either.Humpty didn't have his most stellar day shooting the ball, but he came up with that big shot to ice the game late and he took good care of the ball most of the game.McNees is a mystery to me. He's supposed to be a great shooter, but I just don't see it. Half of our problem early in the second half was that Steve was spending 15-20 seconds of the shot clock pounding the ball around 35-40 feet from the basket. Bardo was, well Bardo. I think your going to see KD go to him less and less down the stretch here. He played the least amount of minutes he has all year and the team looked better for it. He's nice to have out there when Can't went to Parks just to beat and bang around down low, but he doesn't add a whole lot to this team.Conyers has inexplicably found himself back in KD's doghouse.Nate had a very Nate like game. A few key shots, great defense on Singletary and Evans, some timely rebounding, and leading the team in requisit floor burns.Speeking of Evans, can you say overrated? The guy is a streak shooter. If he gets hot I hear he can really hurt you, but if they shots aren't falling, the guy is useless out on the floor. For all the talk about how he is supposed to be the best player the MAC has ever seen, he looks incredibly average. Maybe even below average.

well the black hole finally got hot. he was out of his mind today and really scored in a variety of ways. he didn't just settle for 17 foot fallaway shots all day. chris continues to be a steady and efficient contributer. mcnees is a streaky shooter we all know that and today he just couldn't find his rhythm. Hump was good down the stretch which was nice to see. i think coach needs to continue to play all 3 guards and let those that have been making the fewest mistakes in the first 35 minutes be on the court for the last 5. overall just a great win over a rival and hopefully i performance that will springboard the zips into a strong finish to the rest of the conference schedule.

Obviously Brett McKnight is the story of the game. 10-11 from the field, 29 points, 6 rebounds. He carried the team most of the game. Not that there weren't other contributing, but if we can get that kind of a game out of Brett every night, or at least something close to it....watch out.
Are you talking' bout the same Brett McKnight whose been playin for Akron all this season? I don't think that was the same Brett McKnight, homey! Let's keep this one. :D

Great win Zips! Brett played like another #23 tonight. When he and Chris are in sync, there's no stopping them.Can't has some chemistry problems, it seems. I knew the hodge-podge of transfers, JUCOs, and jailbirds was unsustainable and would likely collapse as soon as he left. This was their 11th loss, which pretty much seals the deal that they won't be getting to 20 wins this season and should start praying for a winning season.There's only one game left on the schedule that truly concerns me, and that's the road game at Buffalo. We get Miami, Ohio, and BG at home. We have YSU and the West, which should be 7 guaranteed wins. Then we finish it off with Can't again, and by that time they should have played themselves out of a bye in the tourney.Even better is that OU choked at home and lost to BG 52-51 in front of 11,000 fans. Buffalo is now the top team in the MAC by far, after they went to Miami and is destroying them 43-25 in a game that looks like it's even more unwatchable than usual.

Usually, I give a complete post-game analysis. But after this game, there was just one INCREDIBLY HUGE factor that made this game go the way it did. Something we haven't really seen against a good team this year. We could score on Can't in the paint. That's it...plain and simple. I hope that maybe Brett and Chris are getting a little bit better and tougher down there. But, in this game, I think it was more that Can't doesn't have the personnel to defend down there. They clearly miss Ham-N-Cheese, and Mike Scott....and I give credit to Keith and his staff for seeing this weakness, and exploiting it.